View Full Version : as int'l student part 61 or part 141??

pires86
7th Feb 2011, 18:50
hi all...

I m confused regarding doing faa part 61 or part 141.I currently hold part61 PPL and intend to do IR through ME under part 61.I ll work in europe hopefully years later.My question s first holding faa part 61 license(ppl,ir,cpl.me) has any disadvantages to be hired by airlines in any country? specially in europe ?secondly I was told by school to do under part 141 for rest of my training sounds come to me its just selling point.as far as I know even u have (ppl+ir) 150 hours to get cpl under part141 u should be logged +190 hours(just for cpl) despite under part61 totally u must have 250hours.part 141 costs more,part 61 less.

which one?

any advice,suggestions thanks in advance

pires86
7th Feb 2011, 20:24
help???????????

zondaracer
7th Feb 2011, 22:26
61 vs 141 really depends on your learning style. In the US, it wont really make a difference in airline hiring. I preferred part 141 because every lesson is spelled out and the course is kind of fast paced. If you mess up on a lesson you have to redo it, so if your flying is not all that proficient, think twice about 141.

If you are the kind of person who likes to do a lesson then go fly on your own in order to reinforce the lesson until you are ready to move on, or if you just like to go at your own pace, 61 might be better for you. I did my ppl under part 61 and I felt that my instructor kind of dragged out my training when I felt I was ready. Under part 141, which I trained under for my IR and CPL, my progress was better defined and I liked the strictness of the syllabus.

pires86
8th Feb 2011, 03:30
thanks everbody for answers..