PDA

View Full Version : Independent used business jet evaluation

LadyGrey
7th Feb 2011, 17:39
Gentlemen,

we are considering buying a used Falcon business jet.

We have the Conclin and the Aircraft Bluebook, but what we are really are looking for, is some independent! consultant or similar, to evaluate the asking price of that aircraft.

I mean, the broker is asking xxxxxxUSD, is this asking price "correct" ?

Unfortunately, there are no comparable aircrafts of the same model available on the used aircraft market...

Maybe somebody can put me in the right direction...

Thank you!

Sorry....the aircraft is located in Europe.....

dc9-32
7th Feb 2011, 17:56
A broker will heavily mark up the price.

Having the a/c surveyed will give an accurate valuation. Where in Europe are you based ?

LadyGrey
7th Feb 2011, 18:06
A broker will heavily mark up the price.

Yes, that´s what we thought too...:)

The aircraft is located in Switzerland

Thank you!

lear60fellow
7th Feb 2011, 20:51
I´ve checked several aircrafts lately with an option to dry lease them, brokers approached me to sell it, for a 9.0M$ aircraft finally price is below 6.0M$, make your numbers, there are too many aircrafts on sale in the market

jetopa
8th Feb 2011, 11:44
What sort of Falcon are you talking about?

LadyGrey
8th Feb 2011, 12:10
check pm please

theficklefinger
8th Feb 2011, 13:18
You need someone that has put together corporate flight departments before, aircraft research and acquisition and such. PM me if seriously on the hunt.

AT Mov
9th Feb 2011, 20:25
Ascend do aircraft valuations/appraisals.

Aerospace Information Redefined | Ascend (http://www.ascendworldwide.com)

Kerling-Approsh KG
9th Feb 2011, 21:03
That aircraft, and every other is worth very precisely what someone is willing to pay for it.

Yes, be guided by the sticker in the window or whatever, but remember that manufacturers are not selling, even though they are discounting heavily, therefore the used market is depressed both in value and volume, and there are bargains to be had.

Get your pre-buy done properly (pm me if you'd like some help with how to do that), and be diligent throughout any purchase, but when deciding how much to offer, focus on what you're willing to pay for the aircraft in front of you, not on the number in it's window...

Good luck, the Falcon is a nice machine!

Pace
9th Feb 2011, 22:48
I tend to agree with Sterling no one can value an aircraft on the present market as it will fetch what someone is prepared to pay and what the seller is prepared to loose to get a sale.

More important to know what it will cost you once the purchase is complete.
Go from the point that you are buying someone elses problem. What appears cheap may not be cheap so do your groundwork and dont end up with nasty surprises and costs.

Ok there will be plenty who are only too keen to take over your purchase and give you fancy valuatons which dont mean much at a cost.

I am not saying dont use a professional to handle your puchase as a good one can save a fortune but to be aware that there are many who are good at talking and only too happy to promise the earth while removing money from you at a fast rate of kts.

Pace

jetopa
10th Feb 2011, 03:24
In my experience, the key to a successful consulting job / evaluation is independence.

It makes all the difference!

LadyGrey
10th Feb 2011, 04:39
Gentlemen,

I got a lot of pm`s. Thank you all for providing many info´s. Very much appreciated!

Jetopa, Pace and Sterling...you are all right:ok:

After a decent, independent evaluation of the aircraft, concerning all aspects, the buyer will come up with a offer, that he is prepared to pay for this particular aircraft.

If the seller does not sell it for that price, OK, thank you very much, next one please..

Couple of things to consider....find out, who is independent....

The broker is in this case your "financial enemy", because he is the seller´s agent, not the buyer´s.... The broker is definately not independent...The higher the selling price, the higher his commission... We are talking of figures in the six-digit-range...commission wise....

But...if the broker is interested in after-sale-business, ie managing the aircraft, things might look a little bit different....

So, as I said, we will evaluate and then make an offer and then....take it or leave it!

Thank you:ok:

Good luck, the Falcon is a nice machine!

YES:)