PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

amdvdsn
6th Feb 2011, 12:12
Hi all rotorheads. I've never been on a aviation forum but decided to join to talk to other pilots. I've been flying heli for 10 years in Canada now. Mostly Manitoba and Nunavut. A lot of 206, some Astar and 205. Just started flying the EC120 for the Winnipeg Police and loving it. Coming from a bush job its been great to be home every day. Anyways just saying hi for now. :)

Brilliant Stuff
6th Feb 2011, 15:34
Welcome to the forum chap.:ok:

You will love the Police flying I am sure.

Happy hunting.

paco
7th Feb 2011, 07:14
Nice to see someone from the 'Peg!

Pgil

FLY 7
7th Feb 2011, 12:09
Hello.

Out of interest, what's your impression of the EC120, based on your other heli experience? Just interested as I know there are mixed views on it.

amdvdsn
7th Feb 2011, 21:34
I've really enjoyed flying the EC120 so far. It's a brand new machine which has been a real treat from all the old 206's I've been flying. The transition from 206 to 120 has been very easy. Only wish was for more power. The police equipment on board has made the machine heavy. We have been flying with 2 passengers and 60% fuel. Very cold here in winter so its handled full gross with no issues. The hot summer days will be a bit more difficult, however all take off and landing are from airport. No more confined landing for me.:D

Arnie Madsen
8th Feb 2011, 03:10
Welcome amdvdsn

You sure made a smooth lift off from the dolly for the local TV news release.
Winnipeg had to twist a few wrists to finally get a police helicopter , hopefully everything works out for the best and it reduces crime..
Best regards.