PDA

View Full Version : Jeppview text data

hum
5th Feb 2011, 14:47
Anyone on here familiar with Jeppview or flight deck that can help me? I want to find out stuff like phone numbers, opening hours etc of airfields. I have jeppview, flightdeck and flightstar all running with an up-to-date subscription but cannot seem to find a 'text' tab referred to in all the help manuals.
As usual Jeppesen phone support is not at home and there is no on-line chat support service available just now...
Thanks folks :ok:

dirk85
5th Feb 2011, 15:01
In Jeppview and Flitestar you have all the data you are looking for, in the TEXT tab... ;)

hum
5th Feb 2011, 17:57
The problem is that I don't have a 'text' tab :*

7AC
5th Feb 2011, 18:04
Neither do I, and I've searched everywhere for it.
We must have the cheap version as well as receiveng CDs that occaisonally won't work.

dirk85
5th Feb 2011, 20:08
That is weird.
I have never had any problem with the CDs, and always had the text tab...
Do you have two CDs for every update, correct?

machone
6th Feb 2011, 08:44
You should have five tabs accross the screen one of which is text. Go to do an update and cgeck thet you have four boxes that you can check the last one being the text files. It sound like it has not updated correctly at some point.

lopresto
6th Feb 2011, 11:30
just ask to the support tha patch to solve this problem.
They know it.

ciao

bizjet inmate
6th Feb 2011, 11:56
Call me old fashioned......but my acukwik works perfectly......dont even need to power up the aeroplane:ok:

F33A
6th Feb 2011, 13:20
You either use a limited version of FliteDeck, or just a different template than the "normal" one.
To find out, start the Programm "FliteDeck Setup" and choose a different template, then restart FliteDeck.

The manual also shows it step by step.

GLJ Dispatch
6th Feb 2011, 13:30
Hi bizjet inmate,

Just curious to know whether on AcuKwick you have only the details about the longest RWY or all RWY? We are looking for an alternative for JeppView, but it seems that AcuKwick isn't able to provide ALL RWY.

Merci!:ok:

GLJ Dispatch

inbalance
6th Feb 2011, 13:33
I had the same problem,
the Text Tab was gone after years of usage.
I tried to reinstall JeppView, but it didnīt help.
So I called the support.

http://www.jeppesen.com/etp

Download this patch, it will reinstall the Text Tab.

Inbalance

bizjetz
6th Feb 2011, 19:16
Hurn.... Had this also and should that patch mentioned not work, as it did with us, there is a fix. Go to your program files through windows explorer to your C drive. Then go jeppview followed by jeppview 3. In there you will undoubtably see a file there with a file extension of .ssf. Right click on this and delete it. Your text tab will now become visible again. I understand that you're probably jumpy about doing this but it works. Jeppesen gave us this work around about a year ago and works fine. Trouble is sometimes when you complete an update the problem re-appears.......... just go in and delete that file again. One more thing. When you delete that file it will go to your recycle bin...... so delete it from there also.

7AC
6th Feb 2011, 21:26
I downloaded the "fix" from the Jeppesen site today and the problem was solved.
It is a huge file, something like 240Mb, and into the bargain Firefox could not open
the site. I had to do it with Internet Explorer.
Thanks everybody.

hum
7th Feb 2011, 11:19
Thanks for the help guys :D I downloaded the patch, no joy; deleted all the .ssf files turned everything off then on... still no joy.

Jepp PC tech support have woken up and e-mailed me to download the patch, now waiting for them to get back, will report the outcome..

glider12000
7th Feb 2011, 15:03
hum,

try ringing +44 1293 842404 and ask them to put you through to technical support, it might speed things up for you.

AndiKunzi
25th Mar 2011, 10:11
Hi folks,

I had the same problem on one of my computers.
Text tab suddenly missing on all 3 applications (JV, FS, FD) after update.

removing JeppView.ssf: no success
installing the patch "etp": now everything OK

Thanks to user inbalance for posting the link and saving my day!

Best regards,

Andi

Miles Magister
25th Mar 2011, 10:26
I have not used it for a long time and do not have a copy now but I recall the problem and I solved it by finding an obscure setting somewhere in the setup or properties. It was solvable from your own copy in settings but I can not remember where.

MM

Son of a Beech
25th Mar 2011, 12:17
Does anybody when they will start with text on the Jeppview iPad App?

glider12000
27th Mar 2011, 08:06
Text is expected in June\July with other changes such as en-route charting also.