PDA

View Full Version : private health care insurance

davidof
4th Feb 2011, 18:39
We are probably a lot to fly as a contractor / free lance pilot...
I am personally covered with a business travel insurance by my company when I am on duty but nothing for my private life.

Any suggestion for a personal health care insurance.
I am living in France but I have nothing to do with the general french health system !

Cheers, thanks for information.

Rusty Trombone
6th Feb 2011, 09:42
In the same situation, living in southern europe I have full worldwide BUPA health care including USA coverage.
Its a good system and its cost effective etc, :O

Backontrack
6th Feb 2011, 12:05
Hi

I also live in France, working from Geneva and rather than join the Swiss system or the complexity of the French system I stayed with William Russell Ltd, when I compared with all others it seemed the best option, good feedback on customer service etc. Google them, give them a call, I took a 'Silver' plan which gave me global cover excluding the US and I pay about £109 a month. I also cover the family to, in total (there are 5 of us) I pay £300 a month.

Good luck.

davidof
7th Feb 2011, 17:26
Thanks for info guys, I am gonna make a serious study on that matter...
I will probably also plan for a job loss protection because I got stuck on the ground 8 months in 2009 and that was a big deal.
I feel a little bit tired with the help yourself policy ;-)

We all have to deal sometimes with non payment of service/salary, early termination of contract because of lack of activity or because your aircraft has been sold (but you are not always included in the package)...

So staying with the same offshore bank, health care protection.. is really a peace of mind in this wild world no ?
I hope a lot of infos and feedback will be shared through this post to help all of us !

One again thanks very much !