PDA

View Full Version : European Flight Training EFT? (2011 merged)

MagnusW
4th Feb 2011, 11:46
All comments and reviews on EFT seem to have stopped somewhere in '08, so what I want to know is what has happened since.

What happened with the people that were waiting on their refunds?

Did they ever expand their SE complex fleet? The general condition of their general fleet nowadays?

What's up with the accomodation? Vero Beach nowadays is it? Any recent experience?

Did they sort out the student/instructor ratio?

Ollie88
4th Feb 2011, 13:31
I would be interested to know aswell. Heard good things about them, and their Airline Pilot Programme seems very interesting. Also the "internship" which promises up to 1000TT by completion. Appereantly both parts take 18/18 months. Dont know about that....

The price is not bad either. Although you have to pay charges/fees for tests/medical etc and ofcourse IR in JAA land later.

Im a little suspicious about some things they say on their website, such as "95% of students employed by airlines within 6 months after training" Somehow I cant see this being an actual percentage, if they have trained over 2000 pilots during their existance.
"and all exceeded the airline employment requirements summarised in a recent Gapan report (http://www.gapan.org/career/survey.htm)."

In any case they seem to be a well established organisation that has been working fine for students.

Please, tell me why people have waited for refunds? Couldnt they keep their promise of fast completion?

BigGrecian
4th Feb 2011, 13:33
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/402614-naples-air-centre-eft-orlando-ft-ormond-beach-aviation-4.html
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/438915-faa-jaa-orlando-flight-training.html (http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/438915-faa-jaa-orlando-flight-training.html#post6173893)
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/424817-orlando-flight-training-european-flight-training.html
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/206623-european-flight-training-eft-18.html
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/377444-2009-cpl-diary-eft.html?highlight=kash360

There's more than a couple of posts, threads over the last couple of months regarding this.

MagnusW
4th Feb 2011, 16:52
Thanks mate, it does seem things have shapened up a bit since the last decade.

I'm still looking for more words though, if anyone has anything to say?

MagnusW
6th Feb 2011, 21:35
true that, and best thing would be to make a trip over there and check the schools out myself, but i'm stuck in sweden for now. my options are limited really so i hoped i could exploit you guys knowledge.

i have read all i could find on pprune, just to find i still dont really feal confident with any of my choices in US. it will be like buying the pig in the bag (swedish saying) either way, so any shared experience, good or bad, would help me make up my mind.

just don't need to get ripped off, like alot of people seem to have been.(but of course i dont put all my deciding out to answers on a forum)

EIDW Smith
24th Feb 2011, 15:48
Well I too am from Dublin as is the poster above... apparently.

But just to balance things out. I arrived at EFT on new years day this year. I left on February 1st with everything done as promised. Flew 43.3 hours (bit under those required but i had time done at home so didn't affect license application), did all 7 exams (average 92%... Because of my own hard work and effort, not EFT), RT exam passed no prob and skills test passed first time.

Of course that's just the PPL. I can't comment on the ATPL program itself in fairness. But all the lads doing it seemed happy enough. My own intructor did it himself there and he wasn't cursing the name EFT anyway

Dunno bout that visa stuff tho. Sounds suspicious.. I had zero issues with mine. Except the original I-20 I was sent had the wrong dates on it! Sorted pretty quick tho
Same with any school guys... You get out what you put in.

BigGrecian
24th Feb 2011, 16:39
they want you at school all day

That would be in accordance with US immigration law which requires you to be at school present for a course whislt on a visa so makes sense.

cancel your visa. happened to lot my friends. all visa cancelled.

Can I ask why they cancelled your visa? They can't cancel it without a reason...they have to enter the reason with US Immigration.

I know they so no smoke with out fire but your post seems to make me think it's the other round - i.e you might have been the problem... :\ And yes I am judging you.

I'd take anything this guy says with a pinch of salt...

GBB
24th Feb 2011, 17:15
From what I have experienced they are after your money and nothing else matter.
I have paid the $500 deposit fee and gave them the date on which I was planning to come but things has changed and I have told them that I would come at the later stage since something came up at work.
The guy from the reception that always answer the phone call told me OK and was supposed to get back to me with an answer about the validity period of SEVIS fee which I already paid. Of course I never heard back from him, nor he has replied to my phone calls or emails.Down the road I decided to give them a call since I wanted to continue with my training and guess what... They want another $500 from me! :=

I have decided to forget about the $500 rather than giving them anymore of my money as I do not wish to have anything to do with liars and money grabbers.I for certain know that what goes around comes around and they going to pay for all the wrong doing sooner or later. I do know that I am not the only one that was fooled by them.

Look somewhere else, where the first word that is going to come out of school official mouth is NOT dollar/money! :yuk:

BigGrecian
24th Feb 2011, 18:10
Just a little independedent reasearch here.

Ormond Beach Aviation has an "F" with the Better Busines Bureau.
EFT has an "A+" with the Better Busines Bureau.

And GBB - I just read through their contract it does clearly state that you forefeit your deposit if you have to change your dates. I'm not trying to represent their side - but no matter where you do your training you have to do your research. I have trained at 3 flight schools in the UK - every single one had a clause that they keep your deposit if you cancel the course - even if you come back at a later date - the school has an empty spot if you don't attend.
A deposit secures your place on a course for a specific date - that's what a deposit is.

It's not rocket science to confirm these kind of things prior to arrival.

1sky2
24th Feb 2011, 18:15
their managment system needs improvement. immediately. for app you need somelike 85% avg in all tests and no fly over 120% of given hours. and than they push you around and talk crap to you in email when you ask something. change school regualtions whenever they want. obvious your PPL so you cnat know. when i got there school ok. but now school worst thing ever. have been to other schools in FL and was impressed. facilities arent so good but training is professional. they say professional FIs there at EFT but no. they teach crap in course and so teachers are crap too. you only been there for 4 weeks??? so you dont know.

mcgoo
24th Feb 2011, 18:21
That better business bureau is interesting, reading the results for both schools, EFT got an A+ for having 1 complaint in the last 36 months which was resolved, OBA got an F for having 2 complaints in the last 36 months of which one was resolved, so they drop from an A+ to an F for 1 unresolved complaint??

EIDW Smith
24th Feb 2011, 19:05
@1sky2
First few posts on pprune simply attacking EFT... Hmm What's the story man? I don't mind anyone expressing their anger at an establishment but please don't insult the instructors with your generalising comments. I considered mine a good friend. One i'll keep in contact with. He was excellent and had a true passion for flying. They all did infact.

And from being there I DO have an idea what the app course is like Because I spoke to many 'diligent' students and lived with one for god sake. Those figures you've mentioned (120% of hours, And test averages) are related to going through the instructor program only. Y would they let an idiot even attempt an instructor rating? Bad student = bad teacher.

Perhaps you were denied a work visa by EFT cause your standard wasnt high enough?

AlfaBravo02
3rd Mar 2011, 16:51
Anyone down at EFT attending now wo can give some " warning " or some positive news ?

I would attend their course this summer.

Regards to everybody here

cefey
3rd Mar 2011, 22:40
I was looking at EFT, visited school. And I liked what I saw. New, big classrooms, good airplanes, good instructors.
1 instructor I talked to, said, that if he had to choose school all over again, he would most likely choose EFT. Like everywhere else, it was some minor problems here and there, but overall was very good.

4-5 friends of mine was at aviator college, they share airplanes with EFT.
They said maintenance was amazing, airplanes was always in top conditions. They talked to some guys (both from aviator and EFT) and instructors and it seemed like everyone was happy there.

Al7
23rd Mar 2011, 09:47
can any one advise on Orlando flight training and EFT, I am planning to do my PPL in US and the UK CAA accept only few schools in US , its very difficult to make any decision not being able to see the school before paying the deposit and process the M-1 visa simply because its far. Any comment and advise will be appreciated.

AlexanderH
23rd Mar 2011, 15:34
EFT is a great school. Did everything they said they would. Was very happy with the level of service.

Nuff said.

ct8282
25th Mar 2011, 15:41
I'm starting my PPL with EFT on April 21st. So far every dealing I have had with them has been very good indeed. They have been very helpful with all of my queries, have spent lots of time on the phone going through things and have always responded to my emails in good time with thorough information that clearly deals with my query.

I have also spoken to some of their students on facebook which I found on their Facebook page, and those students have all had very good things to say indeed. One person is even going back to start their ATPL ground schooling there after having completed their PPL.

I hope this helps.

FlightDepartment
14th May 2011, 08:59
I am thinking about starting the APP course around October this year. I haven't seen anyone here who's done that course, only people who got their PPL there.
Does anyone know anything about the APP? Is it recommendable or is there another school which offers a better way of getting my Frozen ATPL (JAA) (Along with PPL, CPL, Ir)

MagnusW
18th May 2011, 16:05
Hey,
I am currently at EFT, and although there have been some problems, they didn't ask me for a dime the first few weeks. Ok I had already put in the 500 deposit, but stayed some time at their housing and flew a few hours ME before they even mentioned money. So to me that is a good sign. On the other hand their campus housing is WAY too expensive considering the standard. That is a bad sign.

They aren't dificult to talk to either, if you have any problems they try to help you out (you might have to remind them a few times), and they have agreed to compensate (give back rent) when we had various problems with the accomodation.

MagnusW
18th May 2011, 16:16
I don't like their accomodation (especially on the campus). Their vero beach houses seem better, but for me it's way too much money for what you get. If you're doing heavy theoretical studying, the upside is that you will have fellow students nearby to help eachother out.

After a month here, their multi engines have been on the ground alot (maybe i have just been unlucky, finding problems during preflight, or finding a already squawked a/c?). Other than that the planes are old, but seem allright. I have no idea what's going on on the single engine side though.

The general atmosphere at school is great, ppl are nice and seem happy. The instructor i have is great. All of them are pretty much fresh in their shoes, but seem well trained and mature enough.

I shared house with 2 italians who transfered from OFT to EFT, and seem happy about their new situation in fort pierce.

But I'll say it again, I don't like their houses. For half the price it would be sort of acceptable.

MagnusW
18th May 2011, 16:23
I am happy I went to florida and EFT. I have heard aweful things about OFT, before I came here, and since. I have no personal experience though.

Note though that there ARE issues here too, be sure to read the contract closely, and oppose what you don't like. You should be able to do some negotiation...

captainsuperstorm
19th May 2011, 05:09
stay away from these schools, there is no job at the end anyway, what's the point?

you need JAA 500h on type just to get an interview.

really guys, if you want have a life, do something else. stop playing with planes in the sky, you just waste fuel for nothing. airlines are not interested by pilots learning in the States. Airlines dont need pilot for the next 8 years. There are tons of pilots already waiting to get a job.it s true!

AlfaBravo02
27th May 2011, 13:14
Thank You very much for the info.
I think one italian of the 2 came from OFT is my friends (A.B.).

Are You attending APP program in otder to go ahead with CFI course and 1000 hours program ?

Peter PanPan
6th Jun 2011, 19:00
Helping a friend navigate through the maze of Flight Schools in the US, he's looking into getting his FAA Certificates firstly on top of his already existing JAR PPL, eventually looking into converting to a JAR CPL. I am fully aware of all the IR stuff not being done in the US, I was just wondering if anyone could remind me of which JAR FTOs in the US should be avoided at all costs, I seem to remember that one was in Ormond and the other in California, can anyone confirm? Both used to run their business under a different name before shutting and reopening a while later.

If it was Rotary then the answer would be pretty straight forward but I haven't been following things as closely on the Plank front.

Thanks!:ok:

Shane Cooney
9th Jun 2011, 12:30
Hey lads im going over on the 10th of July to do my ppl/ night rating course. I visted the school last year and the equipment looked in tip top shape. Planes looked fresh and instructors were really friendly. Accomodation was nice nothing special but not bad. Their prices are the best ive seen around and will keep ye posted when im over there.

tristan1
7th Jul 2011, 12:32
I am looking at going to EFT.. CPL ME.. flyeft.com European Flight Training this August... any helpful comments anyone? Add me to Facebook if you like

michaelmedley
9th Apr 2012, 19:43
Anyone have any news on how things are going in 2012, heard some fantastic things about them!!!

Also has anybody got any success stories to share such as recruitment, jobs, location ect ect......On the site it states 6 Airlines recruited in 2011 from EFT Pilots and Emirates have already this year???? Is this a good trend for now?

Jerry Lee
9th Apr 2012, 20:12
Emirates recruiting from EFT? :hmm:

michaelmedley
9th Apr 2012, 20:16
Yeah according to their website, ive sent a email over to confirm as this must be quite big news for them???

Join other successful EFT graduates! (http://resources.flyeft.com/popups/hirings.asp)

Thats where i got it from. This must be a great sign.

BYR
10th Apr 2012, 21:10
I don't think it's meant as they have an arrangement with Emirates, just that some of their graduates are now working there.

I'm going there this october for the PPL, anyone else?

michaelmedley
11th Apr 2012, 07:40
Yeah thats what i meant, spoke to trevor out their who said that quite alot of guys that have been there 4-5 years ago have ended up on 777 emirates after having other aviation jobs.
EFT seem all about quality!

Im out in october too, the 29th?

BYR
11th Apr 2012, 10:15
That's great. I am starting 29th october as well! Are you starting on the PPL or the APP course?

Feel free to message me your facebook. Would be fun to chat a bit :)

wingreencard
14th Apr 2012, 05:15
777?really?any proof?

ford cortina
14th Apr 2012, 06:38
Wingreencard, in reply to your interesting comment, yes there are ex EFT students in Emirates, I know at least 3 personally, I fly the 737 and some more are at Jet2 and Ryanair.

Seeing your ratings expired 4 years ago, you are not really in a position to say anything are you.
Bitterness is one thing, but you sir are a troll.

michaelmedley
14th Apr 2012, 13:00
They havent just rolled straight out of EFT and gone into emirates. Thats just ridiculous.....

Seems to be about 4/5 years with previous jet/Prop Airline Experience (which in itself is great) ...The point is that this doesnt seem to be just another USA flight school and that they seem to teach quality rather than quantity....

Wingreencard here we go again........You seem to demand proof from every single comment and opinion.......Leave your bitterness elsewhere, People want to use this forum for networking, guidance and assistance. Not to watch you step on every persons aspirations. Professional Pilot Studies this forum....why are you still trolling on here?

ford cortina
14th Apr 2012, 20:58
rmartingens, I forgot to state the obvious, yes the people I know who have moved out to the sand pit, all have met the minimum hours, which means it was several years ago since we attended EFT.
To be fair if you look at ANY flight school they will have a section of their website showing where their ex students have gone to.

ArabianHawk
21st Jun 2012, 16:47
hi 1sky2 i will go to EFT for hours bulding and JAA CPL MEP could you please send me any contact details of the good flight instructor that you havd been with . As i planning to finish with the min time possible.

Farrell
21st Jun 2012, 17:12
Yes - there are a few of the EFT guys now at Emirates.
They have not walked straight in from training however, and have served their time for the last few years.

Will look forward to catching up with them soon.
(You know who y'all are!)

Big Grecian & Mordecai: you two should join 'em soon!

michaelmedley
21st Jun 2012, 21:14
Would love to hear career routes and stories from former EFT pilots, Feel free to PM me or share it on here. . .

130 days to go but im not counting at all :8

M

Truman Sparks
28th Jun 2012, 19:17
Michael

Great to see you enthusiasm shining through here. I wish you every success in your career.

May I suggest that you search the archive of this here website and delv a little deeper before you commit what will no doubt be a significant amount of money.

Private message me if you like.

Saint998
14th Nov 2012, 15:34
I am in London and want to apply to EFT and they want a $500 deposit for PPL.

Does anyone know if a visa is refuse, will they refind the money. Also if the visa is alte and i cannot make the agreed start date will the deposit be used for the next available date or will i need to pay another deposit.

psmurali
21st Nov 2012, 08:28
Hi

I paid my deposit and i got my I20 as well. But there is a small mistake in my I20 (Its my fault). I have asked them to amend my I20,
Their communication is bit slow, and u can't get hold of anyone over the phone. :rolleyes:

michaelmedley
5th Dec 2012, 23:20
I am in the APP program. Its a fantastic school but with very high standards. Half of my class have met standards and the other half are struggling.
Came here in November and just finishing my EASA & FAA ppl this week. PM me for any questions

michaelmedley
6th Dec 2012, 12:12
Yeah but I would advise people not to take your word for it. There's 9 of us on our course. Each one of us has different opinions. My advice to anyone is that as this is a huge decision; Spend some money and go and visit the schools first.
It's a very small expenditure considering your going to lay down extremely large sums to one of these schools

isos1
20th Dec 2012, 12:46
How are the job prospectives after you finished with these school ? How long is average waiting time when youre finished ? which airlines in europe ?

Hagop
27th Dec 2012, 06:40
Is anyone currently studying the APP at European Flight Training ? How do you rate the school ? Is the price worth it ? Are the instructors qualified enough to teach the 14 EASA ATPL subjects..? they have stated in the website that the EASA IR conversion is not included in the APP course... how much time does it take in the UK and how much does it approximately cost ?
Concerning the job opportunities after graduation from this school I just got an email from them stating that it's between 20-30 %.

destinationsky
28th Dec 2012, 10:28
I did my PPL with EFT a few years back and they were fantastic. I had the luxury of visiting a few schools whilst on holiday and EFT were far better than the other FTO's I managed to see.

I would suggest you do your research thoroughly and don't be put off by some of the negative posts on here. You tend to find that there are some seriously bitter individuals on proon.

The visa process etc is a bit of a ball ache but as long as you read the small print and do your prep you can't go too far wrong.

You get out of it what you put in so make sure you are thorough in your research and consider all responses, not just the bitter and twisted opinions. My PPL was completed in 20 days in minimum hours and under budget. Wouldn't have been possible without the help of my instructors, fellow pupils and my own hard work.

maxgolstreet
27th Feb 2013, 07:12
I have the same question as on the first post on this page about the deposit. I would like to book a course with EFT but if I don't get a visa on time or other things can happen, and I would need to change the start date to later one. Do I have to pay one more deposit? Does anybody know that?

Perseas
31st Jul 2016, 14:19
Any new feedback on EFT?