PDA

View Full Version : Is there a conspiracy of silence

denabol
4th Feb 2011, 02:41
When I saw this on Plane Talking yesterday I thought the media would go ape-****.

Virgin Blue 737 and military flight in near miss at Newcastle – Plane Talking (http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2011/02/03/virgin-blue-737-and-military-flight-in-near-miss-at-newcastle/)

Nothing happened.

Then this.

Two days, two jet airliners and two stuff ups at Australian military/civil airports – Plane Talking (http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2011/02/03/two-days-two-jets-two-stuff-ups-militarycivil-airports/)

Nada.

And this afternoon.

Virgin Blue confirms TCAS alert in military near miss – Plane Talking (http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2011/02/04/virgin-blue-confirms-tcas-alert-in-military-near-miss/)

Is this all bull**** or did a passenger jet and a military jet nearly collide on Tuesday.

Or do the airlines go around buying the silence of the mainstream media.

I've been following this reporter and Bartholomeuz and Creedy and come to the view that they could be described as the mad dog, the smart dog and the toothless dog.

As for the rest of the media, legless dogs.

Skynews
4th Feb 2011, 02:48
do the airlines go around buying the silence of the mainstream media.

More like the military.

They are well practiced at deny deny deny or the other regular "The ------- (insert description of person at fault) was training". This is a training base!

Dont shoot the messenger :ok:here is a history of incompetent air traffic management at Williamtown which is under military control, and, The ATSB has just listed another stuff up in air traffic procedures at a shared military/civilian airport, this time in Darwin on January 31. Ben Sandilands

aussie027
4th Feb 2011, 03:10
Yeah, "a training exercise" for what, a bloody big disaster?? :{

Skynews
4th Feb 2011, 03:47
Aussie027, I edited my first post, after you posted yours to make my point clearer, and yes one would wonder what they are training for, maybe a training exercise" for what, a bloody big disaster??

Nothing new of course and one has to ask why the main stream media don't make comment about these type of incidents, they are not infrequent.

RENURPP
4th Feb 2011, 04:08
Who do we know? DS?

This topic used to be my biggest gripe.
I realize we cannot change them or have them admit their faults.
My head doesn't hurt near as much now because after over 20 years in Darwin whist there are just as many screw ups, I don't bang it against brick walls anymore.
Go Ben Sandilands, I hope you have more success breaking through the magic brick wall, I doubt it though.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :{

Checkboard
5th Feb 2011, 15:12
Is this all bull**** or did a passenger jet and a military jet nearly collide on Tuesday.
Nope - reading the story it was a civilian airliner and a civilian light jet under contract.

Qantas 787
5th Feb 2011, 23:15
You answered your own question - the key words in those sentences - Virgin Blue. If it was Qantas, they would go ape............any other airline, they don't care.

bdcer
6th Feb 2011, 01:32
Well, if it really troubles you, email the story links to a few papers. Or write to the papers.
We love to hook in here on PPRuNe but what does it achieve? You need to get your voice out to a larger source of media....