PDA

View Full Version : Ya joking aren't ya?

mikk_13
3rd Feb 2011, 15:47
Qantas engine fault leaves Aussies stranded in Cairo | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/qantas-engine-fault-leaves-aussies-stranded-in-cairo/story-e6frf7l6-1225999883751)

AUSTRALIANS trying to escape Egypt's violence have been left stranded due to an engine fault in a Qantas 747.

The free mercy flight, organised by Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Qantas, was due to arrive at Frankfurt Airport, Germany, at 5.30am AEDT carrying Australian citizens.

But at midnight the plane was still grounded at Frankfurt, unable to leave for Cairo.

About 50 Australians were waiting at Cairo Airport to be airlifted out of the strife-torn country last night.

It was the second free rescue flight deployed by the Australian Government.

The first flight, carrying more than 190 people, landed in Frankfurt early today.

A spokesman last night confirmed the Qantas flight had not left Frankfurt Airport for Cairo due to engine problems and was being fixed by engineers.

He said he was unable to say when the stranded Australians would be rescued but that they were committed to getting all citizens out of Egypt.

More than 700 Australians have registered with DFAT saying they needed to be evacuated from the troubled country.

TBM-Legend
3rd Feb 2011, 20:04
NOT an engine issue. Brake control component.....

This can and does happen to anyone.

Aerozepplin
3rd Feb 2011, 20:45

I can, and it does... but it's still pretty damn funny!

Mr.Buzzy
3rd Feb 2011, 22:02

This sort of thing "used" to happen a lot less to the company concerned......... Thanks again Scroteface.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sierra5913
3rd Feb 2011, 22:35
Its horrible news for the airline.

They can't cop a break lately.

Mainstream media aren't doing enough "critical" coverage. They're bashing the airline as a whole on the front pages but no critical analysis of the management issues behind all this.

desmotronic
4th Feb 2011, 01:14
You can whine all you like about perceived media persecution but lets face facts qantas is stuffed. Dont shoot the messenger :ugh:

h.o.t.a.s.
4th Feb 2011, 02:50
Desmo,

I think Sierra's point is they always seem to report the 'what', but don't follow up with the 'why'.

Sandilands is probably the only journo not worried about negative effects on advertising revenue I guess...

SU-GCM
4th Feb 2011, 02:50
VH-OJE B744 operating FRA-CAI

hotnhigh
4th Feb 2011, 04:26
Built around the same time as this vehicle i believe....
Holden VN Executive Commodore, 1989 model, HOT PINK!! (eBay item 250763138936 end time Feb-01-11 20:30:12 EST) (http://cars2.ebay.com.au/Holden-VN-Executive-Commodore-1989-model-HOT-PINK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ250763138936)

desmotronic
4th Feb 2011, 04:33
HOTAS,
the average punter could care less about the why, they just want to know that when they buy a ticket they will arrive safely and on time.

h.o.t.a.s.
4th Feb 2011, 05:27
Desmo,

I agree with you that, at the moment ,the Roo is stuffed (and I'm saying that as an employee who is concerned about their future).

However I agree with Sierra that a bit of journalistic integrity in exploring the facts in greater detail would help put a bit of pressure on the 'smartest people in the room' to pull their fingers out, or to be thrown out, as the incompetence of the past decade would warrant.

hotas.

As an aside; for a punter buying a ticket, arriving safely is essential, arriving on time is nice (but not nearly as important).