PDA

View Full Version : NZALPA Briefings/Meetings

RedUnderTheBed
3rd Feb 2011, 03:56
I've heard from an insider what's got the POs running scared about the rumours doing the rounds.

Apparently the departure of the Executive Director wasn't quite the voluntary move the President told us before Christmas.

I'm told in strictest confidence, but we should all know this, that the staff complained about him doing his job, ie, getting an honest day's work out of them, and some were threatening to leave if he stayed on.

The investigation of the complaints and his confidential payout to keep him quiet, giving rise to the claim for secrecy, cost $100,000. The real issue is the president's inability to control the staff and his desire to bury the $100,000 it's cost.

And as for the 'changing world' and the 'new way of doing business.' Give me a break - that's B*** S*** speak for for "we're taking you down the flusher but we're going to make it feel good."

I'm not that stupid and I'll be there next week to tell them.

Bongo Bus Driver
3rd Feb 2011, 05:13
Thats one hell of a rumour Red. Have the dates and venues for the briefings been published yet? It sounds like compulsory attendance.

RedUnderTheBed
3rd Feb 2011, 06:33
I've just found out more about this thread.

Apparantly the $100K is just the start. There were 80 or 90 complaints from staff regarding the ED. He was told to work from home about August last year whilst the matter was investigated. How he was supposed to run the place from there God only knows.

An outside lawyer was brought in - female- who found no substance to most of the complaints and only minor issues with '1 or 2.'

Normally he would have been re-instated with a warning but the president got word that 1/3 of the staff would leave if he returned - :{

So in order to preserve the semblance of a happy work place he paid the outgoing ED $100,000 plus all his legal costs. Whether that was net or gross in unknown but if it was net then thats $130K straight off! Add in the cost of an outside lawyer and its serious money.

All for the risk of having to hire a couple of typists.

When you think about it, this guy was hired to off load the President. Has there been a reduction in his leave bank claims since he was hired? Sounds like an expensive excercise to me.:ugh:

flippersview
3rd Feb 2011, 07:06
You two characters are walking on very slippery rocks. Best you keep your views contained to your union meetings rather than public forums otherwise you will be suitably outed by your peers.:= and thus know for the obnoxious malcontents that you have always been.

alpapilot
3rd Feb 2011, 07:17
RUTB if your right then this is appalling. Flipper's part of the cover up if you are.

If there is a grain of truth in this then everyone involved should resign and let honest people in.

if you are wrong then Flipper's right - woe betide.:eek:

RedUnderTheBed
3rd Feb 2011, 07:59
AP either I'm right or I've lost some good mates (that weren't) for lying through their teeth! The word is out there.

I'm right alright!

Flipper, do you know anything about this?

Sqwark2000
3rd Feb 2011, 08:16
As a ALPA member, not on a council of any sort, just a member, I'd rather this was played out in the privacy of the planned meetings for ALPA members only.

No need to air the dirty laundry (if any) in public, before we've had a chance to hear what they've got to say.

Wellington & Christchurch meetings for Wed 09FEB, can't remember the AKL date sorry.

S2K

27/09
3rd Feb 2011, 08:27
As a ALPA member, not on a council of any sort, just a member, I'd rather this was played out in the privacy of the planned meetings for ALPA members only.

No need to air the dirty laundry (if any) in public, before we've had a chance to hear what they've got to say.

:ok: +1

Don't some of you guys/gals have the kahunas to stand up at a meeting and ask these questions with the rest of the membership present?

RedUnderTheBed
3rd Feb 2011, 09:55
Oh I'll be there asking questions alright, don't you worry. But I can't be at all the meetings so I thought if the information's out there then they can get a proper questioning instead of being limited to what they choose to tell us.

A US Supreme Court judge once said "Sunlight is the best antiseptic." I'm just making sure some gets shone on this tawdry mess. :suspect:

Bongo Bus Driver
3rd Feb 2011, 17:58
When one threatens another they usually have something to hide Flipper. I do agree Red is on thin ice but only if his comments are untrue. However if there is truth to them then I and many others will be very thankful to Red for bringing it to our attention.

CU at the meeting.........

alpapilot
3rd Feb 2011, 20:54
You're right on there Bongo. The truth is always the truth.

Maybe the Men of Steel have been right all along about the ALPA hierarchy. If they can't stand up to a bunch of typists then what hope have they got when it comes to major corporations? - none!

The real issue appears to be, if Red is right, that they spent upwards of $150K of our subs when they didn't need to. An ED is a lot harder and more expensive to replace than a staffer.

RedUnderTheBed
12th Feb 2011, 07:21
WHO'S YA DADDY??

Was I right? Or was I right?

Now what do you say Flippersview?:E:E