PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic TRO course

Bigbluebroxi
2nd Feb 2011, 16:32
Hi all, new around here so go easy on me.

Has anybody who works for a handling agent done, or will anybody be doing the Vrigin Atlantic TRO course?

Good course?

And secondly, were you paid any extra for this given how the dispatch for it will involve a lot more work than bog standard charter flights?

G-DUDE
3rd Feb 2011, 12:28
Hi there

I have done the Virgin Turnaround Coord course and done the job for a few years... The course will teach you VS specific procedures and give you a good oversight of what they expect etc.

Personally I beleive VS have far too many procedures,for instance they would not allow you to switch 2 identical AKE baggage bins that are next together without obtaining a new LIR (both BY).... nor could you make any changes like this with a LMC.... You will see they have a procedure for everything (i all for following rules but these guys are something else!)

CLP is based in MAN and no weight and balance planning will be done by you... you will oversee the loading ''underwing mainly'' and then double check LIR/loadsheet when it comes out.... you will do basic LMC adjustments and sign off the baggage (Triple A)

Thats it...... I would say you would do more work on a standard charter flight as you would normally load plan that and do all dispatch functions and oversee pax boarding etc!!

Good luck with the course