PDA

View Full Version : A320 vacancies for low timers?

Narwhal
1st Feb 2011, 13:36
Hi there

I am A320 current type rated with 0 hours on type looking for a job. CAA Licence.
I would appreciate any help and advices even i know its really hard.
Thanks in advance

flyhighspeed300
1st Feb 2011, 15:51
I am a person with a Frozen ATPL Licence everything current, willing to pay for my own type/class rating to get a job too.

I have holded off get a rating so far, due to if I pay for a rating I will missing out on forming to the companies SOP etc.

Should I continue waiting or go ahead and pay for an Airbus/boeing rating and hope for the best?

berserker
1st Feb 2011, 16:37
Go ahead and pay for both the 320 and 737, then you will have a chance with twice as many airlines!!:ok:
Good luck!

BigNumber
1st Feb 2011, 19:47
possibly the best course of action is to gain some experience on type; this will usually lead to employment.

Eagle Jet and others can provide well recognised Line Training Schemes.

EK4457
1st Feb 2011, 20:42
Then again, it's probably the worst thing you could ever do.

Give me strength.

OutsideCAS
1st Feb 2011, 22:41
Seriously ?!? A320 rating, 0 hours on type and you want help ?? come now, get your bottom sat back in the chair and quieten down, Flight Simulator FSX awaits you - after all, without a job offer you've just played the most expensive video game ever - hope it was worth it.

Stallone
2nd Feb 2011, 00:46
is hours more important or type-rating more important?

BoeingDreamer
2nd Feb 2011, 00:48
Instead of all the usual BS on here, try Air Asia. They need Airbus drivers!

ReverseFlight
2nd Feb 2011, 00:58
try Air Asia. They need Airbus drivers!
At entry level, I believe you need to be Malaysian.

captainsuperstorm
2nd Feb 2011, 03:56
again,I have to repeat myself.Pilots are so naive, unbelievable.
there is no job for pilot ALL AROUND THE WORLD, all you hear is someone who get a job. Someone who knows someone, the usual crap...
we are still in a damn recession, and this market is filled with thousand of unemployed A320 pilots, that's a fact. I have the numbers under my eyes.

After the rating, you are good to spend another 30'000$ or more for 300h, which is useless with less than 1500 or 2000h total time.
Rating is expired not after 1 year, but after 3 months. Yes, airline want ratings to be up to date no later than 3 months.
If you look for a job for more than 3 months, I tell you, chances are small to find a 320 job.
Then no one will be interested by you since you have already spent your money in a training. At this time, TRTO are interested by students spending their money in their sim.To give you a job? keep dreaming, why should they? when thousand of wanabes want pay.

to conclude: we are in recession and there are lot of desperate pilots, as long this recession stay, it would be better for all of us to wait. Wait for bonding contracts.:ok: ( I know it 's useless, whatever I say,monkeys will continue to throw money through windows)

BigNumber
2nd Feb 2011, 04:18
I Guess you and I are on the 'early's' this morning then Superstorm!!!:(

Yes, you are quite correct but these guy's can build some time with a little bit of P2F so as to be better placed when the market lifts.

(Then they can park in carpark Z and get up at 0430!)

wigwag
2nd Feb 2011, 04:24
Yes there are vacancies, and with your experience level they will be with the pay to fly companies, so try Eagle Jet, Aeroflot, Tiger, and Bahrain Air I think are doing hours on type too. Also call a320 operators and some of them will tell you what they are charging for hours, others will tell you not today thanks.

To be paid to fly, well, your looking at captains only right now.

But good luck anyway.

CrazyStuntPilot
2nd Feb 2011, 05:56
Type rating with 0 hours won't get you anywhere if you're a fresh pilot (less than 1500 hours total).

I got an A320 type rating in 09 because I was offered a job in the middle east, but the project eventually did not work out. My A320 type rating didn't get me anywhere else for the first year. I got an interview in Asia a year and a half after the TR but by that time it was too old (they wanted 6 month old max).

Now I am about to start training in a regional airline thanks to my hard work and patience, not thanks to a worthless type rating with 0 experience in the aircraft.

Eagle Jet, Bahrain Air, etc. they're all pay to fly scams. I understand your frustration, I come from 1 1/2 year of almost no flying (20 hours or so) after flying 100+ per month as an instructor. Try applying to companies all around the world, network, and be patient.

flyhighspeed300
2nd Feb 2011, 19:56
Thanks for all your replys!!

The guys who reckon I should get a B777 and A380 type rating, you missed out concorde?

From my intell you can still get a concorde type rating.

MIKECR
2nd Feb 2011, 20:07
Might just be an ever so slight issue getting the 6 circuits done for the type rating on that one im afraid!:}

minimum_wage
2nd Feb 2011, 20:56
Flyhighspeed,

You won't 'miss out on forming to' company SOP's in a type rating. Airlines generally fly aircraft very similar to the Boeing/Airbus SOP's with minor differences. So adjusting to those company changes are easy.
There will be many more SOP's that you will actually have to learn once you get to an airline regarding the operation of that airline and what they want you to do on the line.

Can't say I'd have bought a type rating without a job to go to. That's insane, and if it works out very very lucky.

irishone
3rd Feb 2011, 14:00
Aer Lingus has recently taken on a few FO's with 320 types no experience so no harm trying there

southernskyz
3rd Feb 2011, 20:52
Quote: Superstorm:
"we are still in a damn recession, and this market is filled with thousand of unemployed A320 pilots, that's a fact. I have the numbers under my eyes".

*What are you drinking superstorm?
*There aren't thousands of unemployed A320 pilots?
What country?
That's Rubbish!!!
Any person that's type rated and has time on a B737 or A320, is working
in their country or another country or has upgraded to another type.

*Recession?
Yes, but if a person isn't qualified, recession or not, the person can expect to miss out on opportunities that arrive.

Quote:"that's a fact. I have the numbers under my eyes".
*The fact is you don't have any time on an A320 or B737, so you
cannot be considered.:p

Quote:Narwhal:
"I am A320 current type rated with 0 hours on type looking for a job. CAA Licence.
I would appreciate any help and advices even i know its really hard.

*If you really think you got an A320 type rating, then you done well and
you completed all the hard work.
Stay current in the A320 simulator and save money then try an Indonesian carrier that's got an A320.
You will have to pay to fly because you're an apprentice still!
When you get better at the A320 and get some hours up, then you can
expect to get paid!
It's fair!!! :cool:
Even Superstorm would agree with that!:sad:

jordana320
3rd Feb 2011, 21:37
Try applying for Air Macau.. they are hiring on frequent basis...

Good luck mate

devinez
10th Apr 2011, 07:58
What I would like to know is all these people who are saying that you throw your money away in Eagle Jet and so forth, what are the grounds of this?

I am not looking in to spending money i don't have on an hour building program but i would like to see the statistics of X amount of people did the 300 hour program and X amount of people got the job they have been dreaming about within 3 - 4 months after the program.

inner
10th Apr 2011, 09:07
People

It seems some of you have no idea what reality is. Even with the so called 1500 TT you almost have no chance. Im above 1500TT and more than 1500 on jet, and i can tell you, it is for me also impossible to find something. Im looking for almost 1 year and i have a 'deja vu' feeling.
If you would like to have a small chance, you need the proper rating, at least 500h on type, 2000tt AND be a captain. Than you might get a small chance, otherwise......forget it.

wigwag
10th Apr 2011, 16:32
I think Inner has a good point, 1500 tt really is not enough at the moment to see you get a phone call from the airlines. Time on type and current is always where you need to be aiming for.

The market changes so fast, for the better and then worse, then better again. I hope the market changes for the better soon, but until then keep current and do what hours you can.

Paying to fly is fine if you have the spare money and happy to take a chance of finding work after it finishes.

Good luck to you anyway.

Torque Tonight
10th Apr 2011, 17:00
You need at least a couple of thousand hours to have any options on A320 or B737. 300 hours P2F on type will not improve your employability one bit at the moment and will be a waste of a lot of money. Paying for the number of hours that you would realistically need would bankrupt you. 'Hour building' on commercial jets is ludicrous.

Buying a type rating when you didn't have a job offer in which to use that rating wasn't exactly a genius move, but I guess you know that now.

captainsuperstorm
11th Apr 2011, 06:03
the statistics of X amount of people did the 300 hour program and X amount of people got the job they have been dreaming about within 3 - 4 months after the program

pretty much close of 0% of people who find a job after P2F.
The only guy I know is a friend of a friend of a friend of a etc... who is pilot and who apparently have found a job somewhere in Asia, ... name?, who?, where?, how?...
if you want really to know, try yourself to join one of these p2F scheme, and you will see by yourself.

Thousand of wanabe pilots with no much brain believe that when you pay to work or pay to fly, people will then pay you to work! (eh!why should they?).

The few advertisement you see actually on line are 300h or 500h on type to apply.I really doubt with the thousand pilots looking for job in this recession, they will give a paid job to a pilot with 700hTT, 500h on airbus/B737.

500h on type is the minimum to apply, not the minimum to get a paid job!
IF selected for the selection, you have an interview, flight test,... and you will have to compete with maybe 1000 other pilots looking for the same job.

And be sure your last flight is not older than 3 months.if not::ugh:

MTBUR
11th Apr 2011, 08:12
Sure you can reach them when you're up there on your high horse? :ooh:

And no, I'm not p2f, I'm GA.

flyingguy1984
11th Apr 2011, 08:24
I found out last week that a mate of mine who paid for an A320 TR, did 150hrs line training with BMI, got recommended to easy, nearly 1000hrs on type, now has an interview with BA. It can work, you just have to be lucky, wealthy and a gambler.

MTBUR
11th Apr 2011, 08:34
Agree with above. If you feel the A320 is your only option right now after doing the TR, get onto wikipedia, look up all the A320 operators around the world and get emailing. Worst that can happen is they all say no and you're back to where you are now!

mototopo
11th Apr 2011, 09:28
@flyingguy1984:
I found out last week that a mate of mine who paid for an A320 TR, did 150hrs line training with BMI, got recommended to...

Do you mind if I ask you a contact with BMI? Just PM me, I looked the wrong side of internet so far..

Thank you so much!:ok:

flyingguy1984
11th Apr 2011, 10:00
All I can tell you is that the guy Jonathan something or other who turned out to be a bit dodgy can arrange type rating and 150-200 hrs with BMI for £38k. That's honestly all I know. I've got another friend who is currently flying on the line for BMI through this scheme, I'm very interested to see if anything comes of it. I've heard BMI virtually never keep any of them on, as there is always a steady stream of willing candidates. Just another point, this chap who has the BA interview, from day one of our training everyone said he was always going to end up at BA. So like I said, it's down to many elements of chance, but some people definately have what it takes, though in my experience the FTO's are MORE than willing to take people on who they know have no hope of getting, or even passing an airline interview. If anyone requests it I'll happily go into more details about this!

Anne.Nonymous
11th Apr 2011, 13:09
The scheme to which you refer at bmi has now been closed as the last pilots go through their line training. It was a contract between bmi and an external company.

I've heard BMI virtually never keep any of them on, as there is always a steady stream of willing candidates

It was never intended that the students would be recruited to bmi and that was made very clear from the start; all they got was a type rating and the line training which is what they paid for. bmi Mainline still has demoted Captains to promote after an earlier contraction and is unlikely to be recruiting in the near future.

Anne :)

Dobo1
12th Apr 2011, 14:06
Londoncalling...if you have the inside track on 'quite a few' please do share. It's not for lack of effort that I am qualified yet still unemployed, would love a sniff of anything, anywhere. Care to share these elusive employers names?:ok:

Dobo1
13th Apr 2011, 19:32
Qualified as in 'recently qualified'... ME/IR all current but no Bus rating. I am watching the fortunes of those that did invest in a TR with interest, would be encouraged to hear if there are ' a good few' companies taking on SSTR guys today.
LC2009 could you expand on the suggestion??

cadet_hani
13th Apr 2011, 19:39
At this stage the best you can do is get the CFI CFII and try to build up some hours. Hope this will help you:)

Sky Kid
14th Apr 2011, 20:51
I can tell you that not EVERYONE with type ratings is employed. I have been unemployed for over THREE YEARS, and it is not for lack of trying. Interviewed and put into the "pool" at Evergreen and Southern Air. Still no class date. I have emailed and called Kalitta Air, Atlas, Southwest, FedEx, and many more, many times. Currently averaging 10 to 15 resumes a week being sent out. I have over 13000 total time, with PIC time in Learjets (3000 PIC) and B727 (1000 PIC). Typed in B737 with over 500 SIC, typed in A320 with 122 hours SIC, and STILL can't get the time of day from Rishworth, Parc, Crew Resources, or anyone.

So tell me, where are all these people working so I can send a CV/Resume? The problem, as I see it, is the airlines want you to go out and buy your own type rating, go get a thousand hours somewhere else, and the day after your PC apply to them. A type rating without at least 500 hours in type is WORTHLESS!