PDA

View Full Version : Fuel stop in northern Germany

Left Base
1st Feb 2011, 09:35
I'm Looking for a cheap place to stop for fuel in Northern Germany of northern Holland, any suggestions?

CaptainProp
1st Feb 2011, 09:43
Groningen, EHGG.

Hours of operation:

Winter: 0530 - 2200 UTC Mon-Fri
0630 - 2030 Sat-Sun & Hols

Summer: 0430 - 2100 UTC Mon-Fri
0530 - 1930 Sat-Sun & Hols

Fuel availability: Jet/Avgas

CP

Left Base
1st Feb 2011, 10:35
Sounds good. Thanks.

Opsbeatch
1st Feb 2011, 13:14
Oh that made me chuckle!

What are you flying Base?

OB

DCAHH
1st Feb 2011, 14:03
EDDV H24, very quick and easy, no slots etc...

Left Base
1st Feb 2011, 19:28
I talked to Groningen, €100 handling and €48 landing for a Small Citation, fuel not too bad. :ok:

dc9-32
1st Feb 2011, 19:53
Which direction you heading ?
No handling necessary so just a landing fee and fuel.....

PM me for more info.

F33A
2nd Feb 2011, 10:03
To my experience, Hannover and Groningen are quite expensive on fuel, Hannover especially.
According to the fuel index in my company, the mentioned region has varietes as high as 30%.
You might want to consider Bremen and Hamburg, no mandatory Handling there aswell.
Regarding the overall service and performance, they're all good! :ok:

Obama57
8th Feb 2011, 21:37
I don't know about the fees but 'Service People' in Hamberg were very good. They handled us for 5 weeks of the 2006 world cup.

inbalance
8th Feb 2011, 23:11
Handling at Hamburg is not mandatory.

For a quick fuels stop you don´t need any handling at all.
We use Handling at Hamburg only if our Boss has some special Transportation issues.
So one day we do use handling with service people, the other day not.
When we don´t use it and we meet some of the handling guys from service people, they don´t even say good morning to us.

I fly from northern germany. The cheapest fuel prices are at Bremen and Münster.
Münster is cheaper in Landing fees, no Handling required and the fastest turn arount time in Germany. open 24 hours.

I would always go for Münster (EDDG)

Inbalance

firefish
12th Feb 2011, 00:07
You don't wan't Germany if you are conscious about fuel price. I don't know where you're going but Sweden is ok as is the Netherlands, Belgium and the like (basically everywhere but Germany...).

dc9-32
12th Feb 2011, 06:56
Which direction you heading ?
No handling necessary so just a landing fee and fuel..... I may have a solution.

PM me for more info.

Left Base
12th Feb 2011, 11:27
I'm going from ireland to eastern europe. I can normally make it over without refueling but on the way back I usually need to drop in for a drop. The thing about not using handling is trying to find where to pay landing fees and getting a lift from the ramp. Some places are more accessable than others.

inbalance
12th Feb 2011, 14:07
You don't wan't Germany if you are conscious about fuel price. I don't know where you're going but Sweden is ok as is the Netherlands, Belgium and the like (basically everywhere but Germany...).

That is true for Avgas only.
My Fuelsupplier (Fuel and More) lists JET A1 at Dutch airports between 50 and 70% more expensive than north german airports.
Brussels, for example is 46% more expensive.

All prices without TAX (AOC)

Inbalance

GLJ Dispatch
12th Feb 2011, 15:41
Hi Left Base,

I don't know what type of aircraft type you fly and under what kind of rules (private or commercial) you operate, but there are different rules with regards to fueltax in Germany. If I remember well from my previous company, smaller & commercial operated aircraft (CJ for example) could only be excempted from fueltax if they had a certain document obtained from German customs. I can't recall the name, but it made quitte a difference on the fuelprice, up to around 40%.

Ciao,

GLJ Dispatch

F33A
12th Feb 2011, 17:03
could only be excempted from fueltax if they had a certain document obtained from German customs

You probably mean the "Zollschein" or "Zollerlaubnisschein", and I doubt there is an easy way to obtain that for foreign operators.

For the ramp access: In Germany I never had the problem to get to/from the aircraft at remote parking with or without handling. At HAM, HAJ, FMO and BRE you get picked up by the Follow-Me.

GLJ Dispatch
12th Feb 2011, 19:43
Yep, Zollerlaubnisschein that's the name to be excempted from fueltaxes in Germany for small commercial aircraft. In fact, my previous company was a Dutch operator and it was relatively easy to obtain this approval. If people are interested, I can try to find out some more details, just let me know.

Ciao,

GLJ Dispatch

learjet50
12th Feb 2011, 20:39
The German fuel certificate is only given to Commercial Operations Not private.

Ithink you will only get one if you are holder of an AOC and the registration of your A/C must be on the A O C

I am always surprized that owners of Aircraft of this type of aircraft Scrimp around trying to save a few pennies of he Handling/Landing fees

I You have to ask these Questions then in reality you should not be operating an Aircraft because it worries me that Aircraft operated on the cheap are being Maintained on the cheap and operated on the cheap,

Do you fly 2 Crew ? Bet the answer is NO

Do you have to hunt round to find a 2 Star Flea Tip Hotel Bet that answer is Yes

Affter 40 Years in the business I am still amazed by Private Operators operating on the cheap for Business People who dont give a two penny ****e for the Pilots welfare

My Rant over (Just my Personal Opinions)

Left Base
15th Feb 2011, 13:17
Highly trained ,2 crew, Well maintained, AOC attached 4star hotel operation. I hope you haven't been that wrong for your whole 40 years in this business. It is professional to try and save time and money on every flight.

dc9-32
15th Feb 2011, 14:54
Try Ostend (EBOS), no handling required so money and time saved.

Left Base
15th Feb 2011, 17:34
I ahve been going there up to now. One problem is you are decended early through brussels and have to route through london so its step climbs and headings. That why I want to use the northern route. Also I paid €200 each way. €100 handling €100 landing. They park you miles away so its hard to avoid the handling.

Rory Dixon
18th Feb 2011, 20:07
If weather and your route permits, you could have a look ad EDAZ south of Berlin.
PCN 25 F/A/X/T TORA: 07:1.270 m, 25:1.340* m LDA: 07:1.340m, 25:1.270 m ASDA: 07: 1.510 m, 25: 1.550 m
Currently its VFR only, ILS will be available some time this year.
No handling fee, no parking miles away, no landing fee if you go there for just a fuel stop, JET A1 tax exempt currently is at 1.05.

backtrack26
13th Mar 2011, 01:13
as EBOS is concerned: handling is not required (even being parked at the G.A. apron), as a free shuttle service is offered from G.A. apron to navigation office.

Regards