PDA

View Full Version : What About Your Agency?

Black eyed pea
1st Feb 2011, 07:23
Many of us were lured by the good salaries and on paper somewhat the good conditions.

What I find over the years is that we are in this game for money.

The Airline will try to save some and the pilots to get the most. Agancies will get it anyways. They work on volume. So you are a number.

Before you look for a job. Research your airline quite well. Once you have decided ( In china) well than apply . You would be surprised to see how different a contract can be between one agency and the other.

Some might even take a thousand out ofm your pocket thank you sir!

Most agencies will ahve very little impact with the airline you will be working for. Therefore look for this.

1) How do they manage the contract, leasing or simple recruitment.

The big difference here is if you are leased, they want you to finish your contract. Bet on better support. However, since they are not getting money upfront, if you are too high maintenance, you will find yourself emptyhanded.

2) Look at the actual ability to support you once over at your job. The bigger does not mean the better. Some small agencies are trying hard to make a name for themselves. Yes themsleves.

3) If it does not work, the ability for your agent to place you somewhere else, think about it, make them liable. Put an out clause. Job guarantee if it is not for jst cause ( except China wher speaking can be just cause). Your agent has to know that China is different to be politically correct.

4) Once you are happy, and they have been prettu good with you, there is usually a bond that you will create which could save you later from a bad situation.

Remeber, the agency is ther only to be the watched dog of the contract. I will next time write on mine, if my airline will not follow the contract, you take me out and provide me with work as per the contract. or something like that. I am not a lawyer as you can tell.

I find that any airline can do whatever they want. Your agency can write a beautiful email, and when they press delete, you are the one suffering. You can find yourself from a commutable contract to , well sorry, I know it has been 7 motnhs but if you want you pay and all the back pay and your bonus , you need to stay another few weeks.

I have seen it.

So this is a thread about agencies. feel free to tell your experience.
Perhaps as pilots we should start our own...and yes we would hire lawters..

let us know:ok: