PDA

View Full Version : how much money did you spend?

ronchonner
11th Apr 2001, 21:04
i would like to know how much money you spent for your training and how many hours you get.
I start: I spent around 30'000 dollars for 1500h(+CPL,CFI,ATP...)=2 US dollars/hour.
Cheaper than in europe.
I was paid as a cfi , so it s probably less than 2 dollars/hour.

Flying Clog
11th Apr 2001, 21:22
I can't believe I'm even replying to this gimp. But maybe someone else will benefit.

I spent 30,000 US dollars to get all my FAA tickets, which took 7 months. Spent two years there instructing and flying air taxi on a J1 visa. It was a great experience, with lots of challenging flying. Came back to the UK with 2000 hours total and 500 multi.

I was lucky enough to have been able to convert to the UK ATPL under the old CAA system. This cost me about 10,000 pounds and 4 months.

Then I spent 9 frustrating months pursuing my first airline job. Have now been flying for 6 months for a reputable UK airline on their turboprop fleet, which are now being phased out in favour of an all jet fleet. That's great news for me!

Oh yeah, I'm 22 and I have no regrets (despite the 50k debt).

Rgds,

The Flying Clog

P.S. If I look at it using your distorted way of thinking I got 2000 hours for 30k dollars = 15 of your finest US dollars per hour. Oh yeah, and subtract this years salary and I'll have gotten all my hours for free...

So...what's your point?

[This message has been edited by Flying Clog (edited 11 April 2001).]

Watch your six !
11th Apr 2001, 22:04
Ronchonner , stay in the US and stop the game !! You are definitely a big big wa***r !!

And I bet you're french !!You do not like UK ?, then , we do not like you at all !!
do not forget this Mr ronconer ! and stay where u are .

you seem a bit embittered !!!! man !

poor F****g guy !!

[This message has been edited by Watch your six ! (edited 11 April 2001).]

herniair
12th Apr 2001, 00:41
Ronchy is a great....... ?
Essential source of provocative postings and eccentric analysis. Very refreshing, after all 'the I've been in IT since I was 12 but now want to be an airline pilot' sad stuff. Do attack Ronchy, if you have to, but not because he's French or illiterate, in your opinion.

trolleydollylover
12th Apr 2001, 00:48
I agree with herniair. Ronce is becomming a top cult figure a complete plank, but entertaining non the less. If I couldnt come on line and read his posts because somebody chased him away I would be very upset.

By the way Ronce are you from somewhere in Dorset?

Ronce is no Ponce.

RAPE

Ronce ApPreciation Executive

WangEye
12th Apr 2001, 02:25
Ronchonner and Flying Clog

Forgive me but 30,000 divided by 1,500 = 20
and by 2,000 + 15.
Both wrong by a factor of ten.
Hope your loading and nav are better.

Sorry, everyone else!

WE

Jetheat
12th Apr 2001, 02:48
Flying Clog

Can I ask which airline u are flying for now?
My background seems to match yours pretty closely.

I spent 3 years in the US, did my FAA ATPL ($24000 inc. living) and then came back, converted to the old CAA ATPL (12k) and now just about to start work for KLM uk on the F50.

Eerie huh!

EGDR
12th Apr 2001, 02:54
"Ronce is becomming a top cult figure " - I don't think so, replace one of letters in cult - that's what he is!!!!!!!

Flying Clog
12th Apr 2001, 03:02
Jetheat!

I believe that we emailed each other several months ago regarding KLMuk recruitment? Your initials aren't EB by any chance, are they?

I hope this doesn't blow my cover (!), but I'm flying the Saab for BMC.

Oh yeah, and watch out for the maths police!

[This message has been edited by Flying Clog (edited 11 April 2001).]

ronchonner
12th Apr 2001, 03:05
that s right, it 20 bucks/hour, but i prefer 2 bucks/hour.that sounds better and makes crazy the JAA/CAA/UK guys...
2 bucks/hour? where? in the USA of course!
I would like that some of your UK legislators read my comments.
I m not going to spent one penny in your crap EU and in your crap unprofessional schools who are scared to fly when ceiling is low.
anyway, I consider myself the cream of the crab! ;) ;) ;)

Pielander
12th Apr 2001, 03:09
Afraid to fly when the ceiling is low??? Well, with that attitude, I'd be afraid to fly under the same ceiling as you, and I don't mind admitting it.

Blindside
12th Apr 2001, 12:46
Ronchonner is a well balanced individual - he's got a chip on both shoulders.

Regards

------------------
Half man, Half jalfrezi.

Barney
12th Apr 2001, 13:06
....cream of the crab? I think you mean

'cream of the crabs' itch, itch, bl@@dy bad itch!

E-Fizz
12th Apr 2001, 13:38
I howl laughing every time I read one of Roncho's posts hahahahahaha - HE'S GREAT! ! !
"Cream of the crab" - wonderful metaphor!

He brightens up my day and is essential to these forums - don't ban him, just don't encourage too many others like him!

Roncho, if I can get this bloody Class 1 medical I'll be coming to the states to do all the stuff you're constantly talking about and for all the reasons. But remember, I will do it this way because:

1. I want to
2. I don't have family responsibilities

Before you winge and wine at others for spending all their money on the "crappy" schools in the UK, remember a couple of the reasons people stay here to train:

1. They want to
2. They have family responsibilities

ALKIN Hold
12th Apr 2001, 14:10
Don't try to reason with him, efizz, he's just a prize tosser. Please piss off ronchonner, you're very boring.

Wee Weasley Welshman
12th Apr 2001, 14:16
ronchonner, I spent 16,500 pounds sterling on all my flight training to get to an airline. All flying conducted in the UK. Was in full time flying instruction for 2 years with average pay of 16,000 pounds sterling whilst building time and experience.

Pay now more than adequate.

Beats the hell out of the US way of doing things.

ps The Queen picked up the first half of my training.

pps Which was nice.

rock_the_tower
12th Apr 2001, 19:20
How much ?
60'000 US$ out of my pocket to get to CPL/IR/TWIN & frozen ATPL (total of 230 hrs with 50 hrs multi).

Duration ?
3 years while on a fulltime job in industry as project leader (good pay).

Where ?
All training (flight and theoretical)in Switzerland.

And then ?
Hired by Crossair as F/O.

rtt