PDA

View Full Version : Helicorp For Sale??

Bop
31st Jan 2011, 03:52
This one came accross the desk the other day and was pretty surprised to hear that it could be for sale. Anyone heard the same or got the goss. Bought out by TOLL Holdings 4 or 5 years back. Looked to be on the up and up with 2 O/S operations and pretty heavily involved in the fires down in Vic. Got a couple of mates doing time in the Sollys and heard there was a bit of grumblings about contracts. Pitty, was hoping to throw my hat in if they advertise again. Is RDS still the CP there?

Bop

bretto22
31st Jan 2011, 04:11
Haven't heard that one, bit of a suprise if it is...

As far as i know RDS is still CP but wanting to move out of that slot, they advertised for a new CP last year... don't know if it was ever filled..

Can anyone confirm or deny this??

Bop
31st Jan 2011, 04:25
Thanks Bretto,

Met RDS on a fire in NSW or Vic a number of years ago, think he was flying a 205. Hell of a nice fella, and very giving with his time to a 206 jock dreaming of bigger things.

Yeah as I said, a surprising rumour, but none the less a good one.

Bop

bretto22
31st Jan 2011, 04:54
Have to agree with you there Bop, i have known him for a long time. Hell of a good bloke and driver to boot!

That being said, can anyone confirm that Helicorp is in fact for sale...

The Tox
31st Jan 2011, 23:55
No it's not.........but it's a good rumour and this is a rumour network. :D

HorizontalFan
15th Mar 2011, 15:43
I have also heard the rumour. Not sure about its authenticity, but I do know that they are not handling things well.

They lost 5 out of 6 fire contracts in the state of Victoria.. Yes they were the incumbent, but still managed to lose them.

RDS is being replaced.

The only medium operator who could not get their stuff into a pile and get a helicopter onto the floods in QLD. They managed to get a 212 to Brissy the night before civilian helicopters were stood down. 2 - 3 weeks too late.

They have started selling off some helicopters saying that they want to upgrade to later models ? Even though East Timor is coming to an end and Sollies is scaling down.. As the Americans say, Do the math.

We have lost several highly experienced pilots, who have left, frustrated, bewildered, and disappointed at inept, over regulated management who constantly look at why they should not, instead of why they should.

Company moral is at rock bottom, from top to bottom.

How are they looking so far ?

pohm1
15th Mar 2011, 18:39
Horizontalfan, any reason for the subtle shift from "they" to "we" and then back again?

P1;)

Bop
17th Mar 2011, 03:57
Bloody unfortunate if true?!?!? We need more local operators of this stature not less. Is this spite or fact Horizontal Fan? Past post mention RDS wanted to step down from the role, not replaced?? That's a lot of contracts to loose if true - who picked up the contracts if that is the case? You don't paint a pretty picture.

HorizontalFan
17th Mar 2011, 04:14
:ugh: Bop, I am not happy, but I believe this to be fact. I think that is correct, RDS had made his intention clear that he wished to step down. So my words that he was being replaced were incorrect. From what I can gather, Bretto is correct, RDS wanted out of the CP role for various reasons. I hear that Kestrel and McDermott picked up the contracts.. Yes Sir, not a pretty picture. It was a great company !