PDA

View Full Version : FMC STN

old-timer
30th Jan 2011, 20:29
Just wondered what became of everyone at FMC STN ?, stress free etc, are you out there ?

From a friend of Ron T;
fondly remembered, Godpseed Ron, you were one of the best.

StressFree
1st Feb 2011, 17:32
Old-Timer,
Yes I'm still around as are most of us, we sometimes meet up at Andrewsfield for a few pints and a chat. I think most of us are still commercially flying, only today I went shooting with another ex-FMC pilot.

Dear Ron is always remembered and will never be forgotten...........

All the best, do keep in touch.

26point2
2nd Feb 2011, 11:04
Hi Chaps,
Any friend of Rons is a friend of mine
Ron is sadly missed by all who new him as he was one of a kind. Not only a pleasure to fly with but a true friend who cared about people around him.
i live just a stones throw from the site where he and his friend sadly perished in the gyrocopter incident. i go running regularly along the adjacent roads which provokes memories of our trips on the G4, the 125, the MD87 and BBJ.

some of the ex Ford crew stay in touch by email i had a chat with an old friend last week.

I fly a G4 for Jetclub/ private owner now. one guy i know is on a Falcon, one on a Challenger another gone to Etihad and a couple fly for Ryanair!

so a fair spread all over the place

Take care,

old-timer
5th Feb 2011, 18:20
Many thanks for those replies;

Good to hear ex FMC crew are still around & airborne.

I first met Ron at SEN in 1989 when I was doing my PPL - I agree with your thoughts entirely, I found him to be a fantastic instructor, pilot and above all else a thoroughly decent chap.

I used to see Ron at the Stocking Wood FMC base Hangar when I was engaged on some mod work for the MD's ( Wx Radar mods etc) & I managed to get onboard for one of the flight tests which was a fun experience, the radar worked too which was a bonus !
(hope the Wx RDR continued to work ok as I didn't see Ron for a while after)

Cheers to all & special cheer for Ron, forever missed but fondly remembered.

jaadu
15th Feb 2011, 14:17
Thought about Ron T when I saw some Omani Gyrocopters visiting a fly in weekend in Qatar couple of weeks ago. A true gentleman and an airman.