PDA

View Full Version : conversion of foreign license to jaa one !!

RA-alive
30th Jan 2011, 19:29
Any idea as on how to convert a foreign CPL with hours on A320 to a JAA one ?? So I can apply for jobs in the UK as my spouse is working there,but I haven't applied for citizenship due to work commitments abroad, also I am unsure of how to get going about it. I have a current UK RTR and Class One Medical. :confused:

cyrilroy21
30th Jan 2011, 19:41
Since you are from India perhaps you can start by looking here

JAA ATP CPL Ground Theory Aviation Course - Kingfisher Airlines (http://www.flykingfisher.com/careers/pilot-training/jaa-atp-course.aspx)

zondaracer
30th Jan 2011, 20:14
Since you donīt have an ATPL, you will have to do a full Theory course. Also, to convert a type rating, you need 500 hrs on type.

Straight from the BGS website...

To convert an ICAO CPL to a JAA ATPL you will need 1500 hours flight time including:

500 hours on multi-pilot aircraft,
250 hours pilot in command,
200 hours cross country,
75 hours instrument time and
30 hours night.If you don't have this level of experience you can still do the conversion but you will be issued a JAA CPL. When you meet the experience requirements you can upgrade it to an ATPL.

Groundschool Requirements
If you hold a non-JAA CPL you need to do an approved groundschool course and then pass all fourteen ground exams, there is no credit given. If you hold a JAA CPL you still need to pass all the exams and complete a course but the training requirement is reduced.
Flying Requirements
You will need to pass two flight tests:

The Skills Test
The Instrument RatingSkills Test
The skills test is a handling check flown on a complex aircraft, defined as an aircraft with retractable gear and a variable pitch prop. If you are converting a CPL there is no formal training requirement but you should anticipate 10 to 15 hours to get used to the profile and the aircraft.

Instrument Rating
If you already hold an ICAO IR the training requirement for conversion is to complete at least 15 hours before the test, up to ten can be completed in a simulator.
If you have never held an Instrument Rating you must complete 50 hours of training before the test, up to 35 hours can be done in the simulator.

Multi Crew Co-operation
Many companies require a Multi Crew Co-operation (MCC) course to have been completed before they will employ you. An MCC course is not required if you have spent more than 500 hours operating multi-pilot aircraft.
CPL Conversions