PDA

View Full Version : Aviation school in Europe with PA30

pneumokok
29th Jan 2011, 08:43
Anyone knows an aviation school with twin comanche? Only in Europe or under jaa/easa rules that I could do multi engine with JAR-FCL licence?
I've found:
- in Italy, aero club Genova
- aero club - dutch airline pilots, but it's unconfirmed. Couldn't find their wedsite
- aerodynamics in Spain, but they switched to Beechcraft Duchess BE-76

There's a lot of school in US, Canada, Australia and New Zeland with this aircraft but it's a little bit to far ;)

welliewanger
29th Jan 2011, 12:41
What's so special about the PA30? If you're concerned about learning a new type, don't be. A few hours (10 - 15) with the books and you'll get all the knowledge necessary. The biggest problem I had when changing types (to revalidate after a year on singles) was the avionics on the new aircraft. All the buttons and switches had moved! But you get that when you move to any new light aircraft, not just when changing types.

Ryan5252
29th Jan 2011, 13:13
I had an opportunity to take a PA30 (with an instuctor on board) for a short flight 45 minutes. What a fantastic experience, best bit was getting into approach configuration because the poor old girl just wanted to keep flying! Landing ME was great fun!

Sorry no relevance whatsoever as this aircraft is not available for training but it was a great experience so I thought Id share a ramble! :ok:

Ryan

pneumokok
30th Jan 2011, 09:47
Just wanted to do a ME rating on same cheaper aircraft than pa-34 and I don't want to do it on an airplane with rotax engines, like TECNAM P2006T.

welliewanger
30th Jan 2011, 16:46
Fair enough, but what's wrong with the tecnam? Isn't it all new and funky?
(sorry, I'm not up to speed with these things)

pneumokok
31st Jan 2011, 17:21
Maybe it is but I'm not convinced to rotax engines :E