PDA

View Full Version : Diplomatic Point of Order to the Moderators

N1 Vibes
29th Jan 2011, 08:34
Forums covering the Pearl of the East, Hong Kong, and all who commit aviation in that splendid city-state.

Since 1997 I guess that Hong Kong ceased to be a 'City State'.....and merely part of the much larger 'State' of the Peoples Republic of China?

I stand ready to be gunned down in the next post!

Best Regards,

N1 the Pedant

HotDog
29th Jan 2011, 08:50
Probably mistaken for Singapore.:}

broadband circuit
29th Jan 2011, 09:22
I doubt that "city-state" was an accurate description pre-1997 either, but either way, it's a fairly intuitive description.

wongsuzie
29th Jan 2011, 14:42
Singapore is not even that.

We have just been told that Singapore is an 'Aspiration'.

It's not mature enough to be called a nation.

Not even a City state and may never be..

Cpt. Underpants
29th Jan 2011, 22:12
My absolute favorite.

According to Taiwan, Singapore is the "the size of a piece of snot"

Chen Tan-sun was angry over comments made by Singapore's foreign minister, George Yeo, who recently said Taiwan should not press for independence.

Mr Chen said: "Even Singapore, a country the size of a piece of snot, can swagger around to criticise Taiwan at the United Nations".

He said Mr Yeo only made the comments to please Taiwan's rival, China.

"It was nothing but an effort to embrace China's 'balls', forgive me using such a word," Mr Chen told supporters on Monday.

parabellum
29th Jan 2011, 22:47
We have just been told that Singapore is an 'Aspiration'.

According to Taiwan, Singapore is the "the size of a piece of snot"

Isn't jealousy a wonderful thing!:)

Cpt. Underpants
30th Jan 2011, 05:49
How could we possibly be jealous of

Clean Air
Clean Water
Rule Of Law
No Lugies On The Sidewalk
Corporate Criminals In Jail
Drug Dealers Dead
Military Conscription
To-Die-For Babes Who Actually Fit Into Their Uniforms - And Who Can Speak English
6 Months Of Profit Share

Please! Me? Jealous? NEVER!

N1 Vibes
30th Jan 2011, 05:55
Capt Underpants & others,

I think that Mr Yew Wah Ow of the CX Faceb00k Fan Club says it so beautifully:

Cathay continues to (be) my favorite airline next to Singapore Airlines

Regards,

N1 Vibes

Fly747
30th Jan 2011, 14:39
Hardly part of China if you need a visa and a passport to go there.
BCC!

CodyBlade
30th Jan 2011, 22:59
''to die for babes,''

errr, now that's ironic..

N1 Vibes
31st Jan 2011, 03:28
Fly747,

if you are indeed resident nr to York International, then you could well have a UK passport. In which case you don't need a Visa to go La Belle France. That doesn't make the UK a French soveriegn state does it....?

Regards,

N1 Vibes

Basil
31st Jan 2011, 13:37
Unless things have changed recently, I understand Hong Kong to be an SAR (Special Administrative Region) of the PRC

N1 Vibes
1st Feb 2011, 00:19
Basil,

with China owning half of the banks in the USA, they are also de-facto an SAR of the PRC.

Regards,

N1 Vibes

Jetdriver
4th Feb 2011, 05:16
So you want to be merged into the South Asia & the Far East forum?

N1 Vibes
26th Feb 2011, 03:55
JD,

oooooh yes! I would love to see us in the SE Asia forum, or maybe even a China forum (since their populace makes up 20% of the world population). Reality is this thread was brought out to give a good prod to those of near God-like status that live in HKG, in particular those who live on 'the island', that like to think that HKG is a "city-state" and not part of China, which politically we are.

The HKG Island 'thing', to bring you up to speed, is akin to the North-South, or the England-Wales/England-Scotland 'things' in the UK. Those people who live on the island are in their own minds genetically superior to anybody on Kowloon, which even though it is part of the Hong Kong SAR, the island dwellers would consider to be almost part of mainland China, i.e. with people running round like coolies, planting rice and crapping in holes in the ground.

So should you ever consider it and wish to upset a lot of old-colonial sabre rattlers, then start the China Forum today....

Best Regards,

N1 Vibes - Living in the Real World

Captain Dart
26th Feb 2011, 05:48
Please, please, not the SE Asia forum which is full of posts in tortured English from 200 hour wannabees and Indian 'freshers', depressing posts about the rip-off agencies and one-line questions in Gen Y text-speak such as 'Air ... good place?', or 'did u get call from (insert Asian carrier's name) for interview in (insert Asian city)?' '(Yeah call 2 day lah c u there, do u have answer 2 q about...'.

There may be something in the idea of a China/Hong Kong forum though. The complaints and negative posts from CX, KA and HKA crew would still outnumber those from the Chinese outfits.

LongTimeInCX
27th Feb 2011, 01:14
So you want to be merged into the South Asia & the Far East forum?

...errm no thanks JD. It's just fine as it is.
I quite like being able to have a flick through the Fragrant Harbour harbour forum without having to read too much chinglish. Think CapnDart hit the nail on the head with his comments.
As for Island state, who gives a rats-ass wtf people want to call it.
We all know where it is, what its proper title is, and who really pulls the strings of our 'pseudo-democratic' government.

HS125
1st Mar 2011, 19:45
I've been offered a job on the old namesake out of China, I'd love to know the best place to post?

Advice on living out there (good rotational contract) as well as things like the medical/exam.

All PMs greatly appreciated.