PDA

View Full Version : Initial training certificate

FerrypilotDK
28th Jan 2011, 12:48
I am writing on behalf of a friend, not on the forums. She has been a F/A for years, Air 2000, JAL and there-after VIP on Globals, Challengers and Falcons. Applying for a job recently, they wanted her "initial training certificate." Her certificates from the airlines were not interesting, all her recurrents from Swiss Aviation Training, the various AOC holders etc......same "not interesting." They needed her "initial training certificate."

There is a EU-OPS requirement it seems, but for those that have been flying for years....what is the solution??

Any ideas?

Thanks!

b747 flightboy
5th Feb 2011, 22:21
Hi there something very similar happened to me a few years ago with a certain Icelandic operator. In order to do a conversion course rather than a whole ab-initio, my initial training certificate was required. I was never given one from the previous airline. It was in fact kept at head office on file. Hr of Icelandic airline wrote to other airline for confirmation of initial training, and once received all was ok. Best of luck for your friend.

If air 2000 was her first or 'initial' employer, it might be best if she contacted them first. Fingers crossed they still have her details on file.

VS-LHRCSA
6th Feb 2011, 02:25
Air2000 did issue training certificates in the 90s, so b747 flightboy suggests, they should still have her records on file and should be able to forward a replacement easy enough.

Floppy Link
6th Feb 2011, 10:09
...but remember to remind her that air2000 is now part of Thomson. Address via PPJN