PDA

View Full Version : Auditor Course

G-DUDE
28th Jan 2011, 04:49
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good value for money auditors course.... Ive worked in ground ops for a while and in various dept's but have no auditing knowledge.....

I would like to start from beginner :)

Thanks very much

Spitoon
28th Jan 2011, 06:30
Take a look at the JAA Training Organisation. This (https://jaato.com/courses/8/) course covers ground operations but there are others dealing with different domains. I've seen a couple of JAA courses and they looked pretty good.

excrewingbod
2nd Feb 2011, 20:18
G-DUDE,

Value for money - do an IRCA internal QMS auditor's course, which is about two days in duration, that will give you the basics behind conducting an audit against the ISO 9001 standard.

This was the sort of course I did when I entered the Quality arena as an internal auditor. It is very basic, but does give you a foundation to build on.

If becoming a Quality Auditor is your goal, I'd also suggest getting yourself on an appropriate course that introduces the relevant regulations (EU-OPS, Jar Ops 3, Part 145 or Part M, etc). Finding your way within the regulations is as important as having auditing skills. I was fortunate enough to have been sent on a two-day introduction to Jar Ops 3 course at the JAATO. Whilst the course covered the basics of the regulation we were also taught how to effectively apply the regulations, using the AMC/IEM alongside the regulation. It was a very useful course and the techniques I was taught has allowed me to expand my knowledge into other regulations such as JAR FCL, Part 145, Part M and JAR FSTD(H).

If money was no object I'd recommend an aviation based auditing course, which combines the basics of auditing as well as covering the appropriate aviation regulation. These type of courses generally last five days, but are more expensive.