PDA

View Full Version : Dash 8 Type rating

aimtofly
27th Jan 2011, 12:50
I am looking for a Dash 8 sim across US. Anyone know any schools besides Flight Safety??

MarkerInbound
28th Jan 2011, 06:48
CAE Simuflite has some on the active FAA list in Toronto and Vancouver. FS has some in Seattle, St. Louis, Toronto and Atlanta. US Airways has one in Charlotte but I don't know if they have a Part 142 program.

aimtofly
28th Jan 2011, 14:27
:ok:Very helpful..Thanx Marker. FS needs 1000 hrs minimum for pic type and i am 200 shy. Will try US airways and if not head to Canada..

Roscoedog
24th May 2011, 22:59
didyou find a dash 8 in usa faa as i am also looking to do that

Roscoedog
24th May 2011, 23:00
did you find the dash 8 faa in usa, i am also looking

eastboundndown
28th May 2011, 07:53
Flight Safety in ATL has one.

Edit: Just noticed MarkerInbound already mentioned that one. Nevermind.

PilotMikeTx
9th Sep 2011, 16:50
I realize this is a pretty old thread and the OP has probably either found a provider or logged his extra 200 hours by now.

But in case this might be helpful to someone else, I wouldn't put any credit in any arbitrary experience requirement that a training center puts on it's website unless it is a regulatory requirement. I think that 1000 hour "requirement" is there to either keep the 250 hour rich kids from clogging up the pipeline or to help sell their $1500 3 day "Intro to Jet Flying" course. At any rate, when I attended Lear 60 initial a hundred years ago, I had the misfortune of getting paired up with some jackass wonder boy who only had 400TT. And yep, the training center supposedly had the same 1000 hour requirement.

So I would suggest calling the account manager for your area and telling them what you want to do...I'm sure they won't turn away your business.