PDA

View Full Version : €7,000 for Frozen ATPL(A)

Sean H
27th Jan 2011, 09:33
Ok, before anyone reads a crazy idea below, understand that it is an idea and im not sure if it is legal due to its pyramid nature !
Anyways, I just want a general idea, would you do this scheme ? :O

A possible way to gain a frozen ATPL. Imagine a plane which can seat eight Wannabe students, four crew members, two ready to start there fATPL course plus one doing the fATPL course (head person). Everyone of the eight wannabe students getting on the plane must pay the Head one who is doing the fATPL €7,000. When the Head one is doing the fATPL fills the plane with eight wannabe students and receives his €56,000 he leaves the plane. The plane now splits into two planes with each of the previous ready to start there fATPL course now becoming the Head doing the fATPL course of the two new planes. The previous four crew members now also split and become the two ready to start the fATPL on the two new planes. The previous eight wannabe students are now divided into two crews of four each and board the two new planes. The job of these two crews of four is to find eight new wannabe students that will each pay the Head person doing the fATPL €7,000 to get onto their plane. As soon as sixteen new wannabe students are found, the Head persons take their money and leave and the planes are split again. This would mean that a wannabe student would invest €7,000 and receive all of €56,000 when he would ultimately become the Head person of the plane.

So, who wants to board my plane? :cool:

minimumunstick
27th Jan 2011, 09:48
Yeah then all of a sudden you don't find anyone to board your plane and you are down 7000 monies.

Too risky!

clunk1001
27th Jan 2011, 10:02
Or, a more realistic idea would be to try and sell Wannabe students one of the letters in the word Ballymacnigdonglemor for £3,250 each, and once you've sold all those letters you'll have £65,000 for an integrated course.

:)

Zippy Monster
27th Jan 2011, 10:11
At first, when I saw the thread title, I presumed it was just the latest CAA price rise...

You're not friends with a bloke called Bernard Madoff, by any chance?

Torque Tonight
27th Jan 2011, 15:40
So, who wants to board my plane?

I think you should fly your plane into a mountainside. Pyramid scheme pure and simple. Illegal, immoral, absolutely guaranteed to collapse within a few iterations leaving a lot of people severely out of pocket. Maybe you're having a laugh but if you look at this and think it's viable you're either a smart criminal or an idiot victim - not great attributes for a pilot.