PDA

View Full Version : Tell me the true

luisccmm
26th Jan 2011, 20:16
Hi there,

I now this question could be solve reading all other threads in Pprune. The true is that I am among this wannabe persons, but particuraly interested in being a Pilot since I was almost 9 nears old.

First of all, I want to metion that I am not that kind of man only seeing the money in this profession, and so becoming an Airline Pilot, is not necessary my goal. From my point of view being an Airline Pilot is everything except flying, everythin automaticed, and the routes are planned to reduce piloting and keep low fuel down and comfort. I also prefer the sound of a piston engine rather than a big airline jet.

I will love to teach others, if that´s the case I have the opportunity if I finally decide to become a pilot.

But If I finally decide to be an Airline Pilot, I would not take that decission after some years flying.

What is mi question now?

I have read that it is really difficult to get a job at Airlines, Will it be difficul to get a job for guy that his primary porpuse is not being an Airline Pilot?

I am willing to move out anywhere in the world. But I am wondering if there are not enough pilots whishing to work as a CPI for example in their countries.

On the other hand I am Spanish. So for example, I think that even if I go to take my License in the States. Do I will have a chance to go up the ladder by doing CPI or any other low paid pilot jobs as patroling or other thing?

Does anyone have this experience?¿

alphaadrian
27th Jan 2011, 13:42
At the moment it is difficult to get ANY job in aviation regardless of what type of flying it is and where in the world you are prepared to relocate. These "non airline" jobs are often unavailabe to newly qualifieed pilots due to the higher hours and experience required so dont think they are an easy way in..as so many other hundreds of Fatpls seem to think!
When i first qualified i started instructing and there were a few jobs around (talking about UK) but that has dried up a lot too. Also the "traditional" instructing route doesnt have the same value anymore. Sorry to be negative and im sure others will disagree but i tell you one thing...i sure as hell wouldnt want to be a 200hr fATPL at the moment unless i had access to a lot of ££££££££!

good luck

luisccmm
29th Jan 2011, 00:04
Thanks alphaadrian (http://www.pprune.org/members/76604-alphaadrian) for your comment. It´s good to know your experience. You mean that you would need a lot of money to get the right experieince to go for a job in the aviation industry. Have you take into account to to the states and buy aircraft fraction to do so, as a building hour program. That could be cheaper. UK and Spain as far as I know it's quite expensive...:ugh:

Let's see what people says about their own experience. And what they think about going to low paid aviaton jobs, like CPI or any other??

Let´s see!!