PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Fine - Pilot Pay

Air Profit
25th Jan 2011, 23:25
I see CX is 'appealing' the cargo fine in Europe (with several other countries yet to levy their fines on CX). Just to put it in perspective, if you took the fine from the European Union, and divided it by the number of pilots, we could each have received a $173000 HKD pay raise ($22200 USD). Consider that when you register your vote.

N1 Vibes
26th Jan 2011, 03:51
AP,

what wonderful figures you have....

Euros 57.1m = HKD 608.1m (E 57.1m x HKD 10.65)

Number of Cockpit Crew = 2,546 (according to CX website as of Aug 10)

608.1m/2,546 = HKD 238,845

Of course if you decided to 'share' the money, with everybody else in CX who put you and your jism stained calculator in the sky (18,631 employees), you would only get HKD 32,639.

We love you too.....:yuk:

N1 Vibes

spannersatcx
26th Jan 2011, 07:07
N1 didn't you know it's only the pilots that matter nobody else counts except them.:mad:

Steve the Pirate
26th Jan 2011, 07:18
AP

Your hypothesis is wrong. Had you said that aircrew could have received a one-off ex-gratia payment to an amount equivalent to your calculation then you would have been more credible. A pay rise, however, is an amount that has to be carried forward into the future - an unlikely event even with the rosiest tinted spectacles on.

Not only that, I agree with N1 Vibes - despite being the bestest looking and most cleverest group of employees, aircrew aren't the only ones worthy of a pay rise.

Anyway, it's too late now but I do like your positive attitude.

STP

FlexibleResponse
26th Jan 2011, 11:45
Air Profit raises a very good point.

N1 Vibes reminds us that to run a railroad we also need engineering backing and the whole backing of all other company staff!

As aircrew we need to play the assets we have in hand and sometimes we must very quickly make decisions that may/will involve injury and loss of life.

This ability to quickly make these time critical decisions also implies that we must ignore how those asset cards arrived in our hands.

In essence, our time-critical decision making ability can and must blind us to all the work that the company has put behind the effort in making the flight sector possible.

However, in the long run, the background infrastructure and manpower that enabled the operation in the first place, must equally share in the rewards.

OTOH, we can all agree that there are certain management fawkwits who are parasitic on the system and should be eliminated.

MilPilot
26th Jan 2011, 14:42
Who knows, maybe profit made as a result of the price fixing outweighs the fine

Gigaboomer
27th Jan 2011, 01:12
'Who knows, maybe profit made as a result of the price fixing outweighs the fine'

Does this make it ok to break the law???

MilPilot
27th Jan 2011, 04:22
Does this make it ok to break the law???

No of course not!

My point is just that you can't incinuate that there would have been more money to share had CX not broken the law!!

I am in no way saying it is ok to break the law. Just implying the original post doesn't make much sense.