PDA

View Full Version : ECU BSc Aviation (adv standing question)

WhoWasPhone
25th Jan 2011, 04:59
G'day folks

The story going is that i've submitted my application for advanced standing in all of the basic first year cr*p (from aircraft propulsion 1 and all of the subjects at CPL level except for aerodynamics and air law).

In supporting docs i have submitted my CASA CPL exam credits (everything except for ADY and LAW as i haven't done them yet) and my cert 4 in Aeronautics; academic results and statement of attainment.

Inb4 troll replies... what do you think my chances are of actually being awarded credits for the subjects? has there been precedence where people have appealed decisions and have been awarded full subject credits?

it seems more than a waste of time to spin my wheels through these subjects when i could be out there working for the DEC or a charter company

FRQ Charlie Bravo
25th Jan 2011, 10:33
Hmm,

I don't like your chances. Usually advanced credit is based on actually holding a CPL.

It has been four years since I graduated though so I could be wrong (plus I did the BSc (Aviation)) which may be different but I would still imagine that a full pass in the CPL exam would be required. (There is only one exam with seven units so a 'partial pass' is not a pass.)

Hurry up and sit the remaining subjects!!!

FRQ CB

aussie027
26th Jan 2011, 03:54
Mate I dont like your chances at all.

Years ago when the ECU aviation degrees became available in 93 or 94 I think it was the degree had about 20-24 units in it comprising all the individual subjects I had already done at private level, commercial and Airline level as well as a few generic 1st yr uni subjects.
I had held an ATPL and MECIR for yrs and they told me they would credit me with 4 units out of 24. Everything else I would have to do again and of course,... pay for. :ugh:
Needless to say I told them to forget it.

WhoWasPhone
27th Jan 2011, 01:46
I'm due to receive a reply regarding whether its been approved or not either late today or early tomorrow, will update you both with result and appeal process (if there is one) for interest's sake