PDA

View Full Version : Dyncorp

sorath5
25th Jan 2011, 02:32
So I see they have many openings in IRAQ. How long will they still be there? Considering applying, but I don't want short term employment with them. Can anyone there advise? Thanks in advance.

pohm1
25th Jan 2011, 03:28
Doesn't most employment in Iraq carry the distinct likelyhood of being "short-term?"

P1

hueyracer
26th Jan 2011, 10:02
AFAIK the contract is only for one year, with the possibility of renewal if necessary..

The roster should be 90 days on, 28 days off...

(If i remember right...)

They should be working around Iraq for the next 2 or 3 years (minimum)..

A "transfer" from Iraq to Afghanistan is not very likely....

eivissa
26th Jan 2011, 19:50
"A "transfer" from Iraq to Afghanistan is not very likely...."

...at least I've seen Dyncorp pilots being "transferred" from Afghanistan to Iraq.

carsickpuppy
27th Jan 2011, 01:47
So I see they have many openings in IRAQ

What types are they operating?

hueyracer
27th Jan 2011, 02:41
Bell 212´s, MD530´s and S61´s.....

I wrote " transfer (from Iraq to Afghanistan) isn´t very likely"-not, that it is not happening every now and then..

But guess what? You can´t rely on that...

212_Nightdipper
28th Jan 2011, 11:14
Im considering them as a future option...but i was wondering if US citizenship is a MUST....im not american but i went through US NAVY flight schools...hope it counts as far as security clearances are concerned....any help?

hueyracer
28th Jan 2011, 14:17
No, it doesn´t...

You will just get no "US security clearance"....

That´s it...

air-bender
4th Jan 2015, 04:27
HUEYRACER WROTE:
AFAIK the contract is only for one year, with the possibility of renewal if necessary..

The roster should be 90 days on, 28 days off...

(If i remember right...)

They should be working around Iraq for the next 2 or 3 years (minimum)..

A "transfer" from Iraq to Afghanistan is not very likely....

Does anyone have any updated information about the Dyncorp pilot rotation for positions in Iraq? I had seen a while back in a press release that it was now 28 - 28 rotation.

Furthermore i've heard that pay can be anywhere from $650 - $1000 per day.

If you have first hand experience please send a PM.

Thank you in advance

Air-Bender

hueyracer
4th Jan 2015, 04:32
The pay WAS in that range….long time ago…

It is very likely to be in the 450-550 USD/Day range now….

Times are changing….

air-bender
4th Jan 2015, 04:51
450-550...

Wow... Good to know... Can they really find pilots at that rate???

hueyracer
4th Jan 2015, 11:44
Don´t get me wrong-i don´t have "inside-information", as all the pilots i knew that were working there have left….

Last info was that the salaries went down…….a lot…

If i remember it right, they were talking about 750 USD/day (all inclusive) 2 years ago……and then it dropped again…

But somebody on this forum will have better and more accurate information…

And: Yes……there are always pilots desperate for a job……and if you think about it: Even 450/day sums up to 85.000-108.000 (depending upon the roster)….

helimutt
4th Jan 2015, 12:46
108k$ on a 90 day/28 roster, risking life and limb? Haha. :eek: You can get 120k+ flying on a 4/4 or 6/6 rotation with lots of benefits and tax free. So why would you?

hueyracer
4th Jan 2015, 16:51
Because….

…some pilots don´t have the necessary hours to fly offshore….

…some pilots are fresh out of the military….and can´t find anything else…

…some pilots just "want to" do a job like this….

You put a job posting online…there will be always some pilots desperately trying to get this job..

Tough industry!

(But i would not do this job for that money either….not even for 160k)..

TwinHueyMan
4th Jan 2015, 19:24
The pay has dropped a bit since the heyday, but keep in mind, up until recently it was actually a pretty mundane gig. Flying a quick route every day and sitting on standby the rest of the time. Significantly less dangerous than when the US was still there, with almost no active threats. Most of the guys I know that used to do it left out of boredom. The ones still there stay for the military-like structure and rotation schedule.

Now it's warming up over there again, wouldn't be surprised to see the pay go back up as I know they are recruiting a lot more as of late.

Mike

air-bender
16th Feb 2015, 16:30
90/30 rotation... but travel on your own time and indirect flights make it more like 94/26. Work every single day, no breaks.

Total package circa $180,000 (before tax) for a one year tour.

OTGLU
16th Feb 2015, 17:40
Just had a peek at their website, and their requirements are quite high, 2000hrs tt, 1000hrs turbine, 300hrs nvg. That seems more stringent than alot of the offshore requirements.

I'm struggling to finance the hours to get to FI!!!!

hueyracer
16th Feb 2015, 18:48
2000hrs tt, 1000hrs turbine, 300hrs nvg.

You´re kidding, right?

We´re talking about flying in a war zone here…..hours are quiet low for that…..

I have been flying in Somalia until recently….requirements for that contract were 3000 total time, and 500 on type (plus IFR, NVG and military background)...