PDA

View Full Version : SAA flight plan

getjetsetgo
24th Jan 2011, 14:02
Anyone out there has a copy of an SAA (South African Airlines) flight plan. preferably a long haul flight but will take anything thats available. willing to swap flight plans. PM me if anything.

dc9-32
24th Jan 2011, 18:05
Can we ask why ??

getjetsetgo
25th Jan 2011, 19:08
to look at both structure and format. there are a host of flight planning providers out there. each system offers a sorta unique touch to its flight plan output. airlines have different formats that they use. some use generic formats particular to that flight planning system.

NISHTA
27th Jan 2011, 12:00
You could always look at flight plan formats from Jeppesen Jetplanner; I have counted around 150 different flight plan formats.

Worth a try....

Tail Wags Dog
27th Jan 2011, 13:32
As suggested above, most FP providers have a multitude of formats and typically create them around airline requirements rather than their own preferences. I understand that SAA's provider has around 500 different formats and that the SAA format is very much to SAA's specification.

getjetsetgo
27th Jan 2011, 13:53
what system does SAA use? LIDO/Jetplan/EDS?

Grasscarp
27th Jan 2011, 18:02
Answer: none of the above. They use SITA.

getjetsetgo
28th Jan 2011, 14:23
Thanks. i'm familiar with Sita Graflite. My company moved to that platform in october gone. Our dispatchers dislike it greatly as all the info for the flights needs to be added manually. Is it still possible for anyone to provide an example of an SAA flight plan?

Grasscarp
28th Jan 2011, 20:19
If it is abhorrent to you, and that is what SAA are using, why the interest to see their format of what you already know about? A format is what suits the customer. As already mentioned here, infinitely variable to suit requirements. I personally would not be comfortable with giving away somebody else's flight plan.

cxslave
31st Jan 2011, 08:16
Not sure if it's of any use to you, but can offer you a long-haul CX CFP if you so desire.....

getjetsetgo
3rd Feb 2011, 12:44
CXSLAVE. Thanks. i sent you a PM