Hi guys,

anyone have information about RAK Airways based in UAE? I am looking for:
- interview process
- employee contract
- life stile in RAS AL KHAIMAH City

safe landing

Gulfstreamaviator
25th Jan 2011, 02:57
I have been in the RAK airport most of this week, and wish to report that RAK airways is alive and well, and getting bigher every day.

There were three 737 on ramp (good or bad sign). terminal was well busy, and one did take off when I was there.

The offices are moving, Ops certainly to the airport from the RAK watch tower in Al Hamrah.

There is a very nice, gentle life in RAK area, housing is good and covers all price levels, from the 300 aeds bed space, to the 1.5m aeds villa.

Night life is limited, but the leasure style is very nice and relaxed. Mostly based on the beach.

As to salary and benefits I can not assist, but the office staff get a very very good accomodation allowance, as well as a reasonable salary.

The interviews are dependant upon your desired position, Ops staff have been hired remotely, and formalised on their arrival. Flight crew, not up to date on this sorry.

Hope this assists, your relocation plans, come to RAK...ps. I have room rentals available, as well as villas, and town house... Glf

SassyPilotsWife
25th Jan 2011, 08:50
Gulf,

You represent RAK well :) and I can attest as we live here too and I am in Real Estate here. I have 3 clients I need to show properties to tomorrow and 1 on Thursday.

PM me what you have available. Are yours listed with anyone ? With HH perhaps ??? If so, I just need the unit numbers and I will show them. If you're not, I can still show them. I just need access.

PS. we met the DO for RAK Airways a couple weeks ago while at the marina. Really great guy with sound information. Going well for them.

MKA742
26th Jan 2011, 04:58
Sounds good.

How do they feel about lowish time expats there?

I reckon theirs still enough experienced guys to go for?

mutt
26th Jan 2011, 19:10
One actually did take-off? Yep it made it all the way to Jeddah.

Mutt

Gulfstreamaviator
27th Jan 2011, 03:46
Sarcasm is wasted sometimes....

MKA: Only looking for well qualified and obviously rated crew at present.

glf

Sgnr de L'Atlantique
29th Jan 2011, 16:30
I would be very interested as well in some of the details, especially why they are hiring A320 TRI/TRE with only 737 in the fleet.

What is their long term plan, with EK, Fly Dubai and Arabia next door? What kind of business model do they follow?

I would love to live in RAK, but before I need a stable job I need some more info. So please, anyone?

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Feb 2011, 01:35
RAK have the current fleet on short lease, and the Bus fleet is due soon.

As to long term plans, in RAK, there was never such a procedure, as management changed several times a year.

At last they have a longer term plan.

BUT as you say the local LCC base is very strong, and RAK, should be a big and strong as Air Arabia, as they were conceived the same day....but management was different. As to a relocate, if you have a current job, it would be a leap of faith... I would on balance not recommend a move.

RAK is a great place to live, and we are quite a small community here.

glf

perritopiloto
26th Jun 2011, 08:51
Hi,
any news on RAK airways?
Still they looking for a320 rated F/Os?
is it worthy to try on it? or not.
at present employed in LCC in Europe, but willing to relocate.

thanks in advance

perritopiloto
22nd Jul 2011, 07:48
Any fresh news about RAK?
thanks

Gulfstreamaviator
22nd Jul 2011, 18:16
But will try to report the current situation soon.

glf

perritopiloto
22nd Jul 2011, 19:42
Apreciate Gulf

perritopiloto
26th Jul 2011, 10:47
Hi,
No other info about the situation nowadays at RAK airways?

Thanks

WannabeAirbusFlyer
30th Jul 2011, 01:05
First A320 (reg. A6-RKB) ready and waiting for delivery flight to Ras Al Khaimah from Perpignan, France. Expected in a few days.

Seb_perpignan
30th Jul 2011, 21:18
There is pictures took by me in perpignan EAS industrie maintenance area

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1503/27123514689958435501193.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8490/28065914689956435451193.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4792/dsc0555wg.jpg
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3296/dsc0559jm.jpg

It was a former kuwaitian airline wataniya airways #3907

Seb_perpignan
1st Aug 2011, 19:45
A6-rkb will leave perpignan tomorrow or wednesday

Gulfstreamaviator
7th Aug 2011, 11:59
Ferry crew, as no RAK crews on line...

I missed the arrival, so no pics...sorry..

where is RAK A, if this is B...

glf

jimmyg
7th Aug 2011, 15:36
Any info on the T&C's? I hear rumors that the package is far below indusrty.

desertopsguy
7th Aug 2011, 16:15
This ex Watniya had a J & premium Y interior config, it was very nicely done with light grey Recaro leather seats. I am assuming that RAK Airways have refit the interior to match their low cost ethos? If they haven't then they chose wrong when taking any ex Wataniya A320.

On closer examination RAK Airways seems to have little in common with the proven LCC model and on top of the mixed fleet of aircraft, a no-no when it comes to LCC operations, they also offer free meals, free parking, 30kgs free baggage allowance, free transportation between RAK and other Emirates...free free free free free

Uhhh hello, every heard of ancilliary revenues?? You know, the bit of extra money gleaned from baggage charges, inflight sales, on-board service etc that puts downward pressure on the operating costs of LCC's? What sort of people are running this thing now? It's a loaded question as the answer is most likely the same calibre who have always run it.

Without solid commercial people and revenue management professionals who understand how to revenue manage, this thing will continue to gobble up the Sheikh's money and that of those foolish enough to invest in it.

From what I'm told the commercial people there have nil experience in a successful airline, let alone a low cost one. Pakistani airlines don't make a dime and neither does Gulf Air so that's no pedigree worth talking about for anyone who has come from there.

It would be good to see it get off the ground so to speak, but it has been floundering for close to 6yrs now and of all the CEO's to date, only one or two of them had the acumen and qualifications to hold the role. A revolving CEO chair is a very bad sign and hints at several malaises; interference from the top (widely known), an unfeasable business model (goes without saying thus far) and unqualified individuals in key positions (below industry standard remuneration akin to cheap labour).

If you are gainfully employed elsewhere then I would think twice about leaving a relatively secure outfit for this one, best to give it some time and see where it goes.

It'll be interesting to see if 2011 will be the year of RAK Airways, I for one am not holding my breath.

D.O.G

SassyPilotsWife
7th Aug 2011, 17:27
In May, Met a nice fellow who came to my office following an interview with them. He was in town to interview for CP position. They tried to rush him into saying "yes" He was asked to take the job without being provided any direction in what they were doing and to sign a contract that day. His words were " they appeared desperate and highly disorganized" He asked to meet his potential crew. The a/c had not been acquired yet either. He was to meet with mgmt. again the following day and follow up with t's & c's that included housing. He stated that if I didn't see him the following day, " it will be obvious why I didn't return".

He didn't. :hmm:

desertopsguy
8th Aug 2011, 12:52
Desperate and highly disorganised, all the qualities you want in an airline.

Rumours recently floated concerning the A320 being grounded by GCAA.

It is worth noting that this aircraft type is not new to the GCAA so it should have slipped in rather smoothly. Grounding would suggest either a lack of preparedness on behalf of Rak Airways or possibly some hitch with the aircraft however the latter is unlikely given that it has just come out of checks in Perpignan.

didjubrinabeer
8th Sep 2011, 13:24
Hi guys,

Just been reading some posts re RAK: would be good to get some info on what RAK is like to work for , They maybe expanding soon maybe with the A320?? Any truth to this rumor??
How big are they now, all 737s or mix fleets
Is it livable there ... Hours on roster as per LCC? Or lower
Cheers
Beers

ShinjukuHustler
15th Sep 2011, 02:30
Ras Al Khaimah is a lovely place to live but the company Rak airways is a basket case and their rumoured expansion has been going on since 2006 but little ever happens. Ever heard the expression 'All fart; no ****'?

The most exciting thing about RAK is wondering who the next CEO will be http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Unless you're desperate then avoid at all costs. Air Arabia have 320's and are hiring, why not consider them?

21-Lancer
25th Sep 2011, 19:41
Interested in joining RAK too.
Ex-Fighter Pilot, ~1300 hrs total, ~1200 jet, ~800 PIC jet, but newly rated on A320 [only 90 hrs].
Anybody know if they are interested in ex-fighters?
Thanks in advance!

Gulfstreamaviator
27th Sep 2011, 10:14
I would suggest that if you wish to have a career in aviation in UAE, you try somewhere else, rather than RAK.
Great place to live, and in previous years a great airport to work from.

Second aircraft is due any day, a reject from Air Arabia, the leased might be retained, so not a big fleet.

Social life for a family is excellent, a haven from Dubai's chaos.

If you are seeking a job, and without one at present, then give them a call.

There are several RAK Airways chaps on PP, but are reluctant to come out.

Glf

21-Lancer
27th Sep 2011, 11:15
It seems to be a good suggestion, but I don't have many options.
I applyed with QA, which minimum requirements I met, but I have no sign from recruitment until now. I also tried an online app wit Air Arabia, but everytime I tri to save my work their site retuns with an error message. Anyway, I didn't meet their minimun reqs. So, as I told you before, I have not many options.
For now, I just have to join an airline and fly the bird.
As I remember I sent an application message to RAK via email but no answer yet... I don't know if a direct call can do more, but anyway I have no contact number.
I think they are just not interested in ex-fighter pilots, even if they are rated.

ChiefT
27th Sep 2011, 15:48
RAK Airways won a charter contract for flights to several German destinations.

Wonder, if they use the A320 for it or re-activate the B757...

BladePilot
29th Sep 2011, 17:46
We're up we're down. WTF these guys haven't a clue. The new CEO? where did he come from? What 'model' are they trying to replicate? maybe a fashion model 'cause it certainly doesn't seem to be an airline model!

The Airport has just shafted another boss and recruited a 'green horn' no UAE experience to replace him.. :D way to go RAK.

Reminds me of a school playgound 'merry go round'

Same old same old at RAK.

Gulfstreamaviator
29th Sep 2011, 23:02
I hope he was kept away from the airline.

I am told that he recomended dismissal of all staff.

Glf

didjubrinabeer
29th Sep 2011, 23:52
Hey guys...

Wondering if anyone has any info on interview process at RAK....
Sim profile...tech??? anything would be good....
Considering going over there...and maybe the family later on if I get a go...

Cheers

Gulfstreamaviator
22nd Nov 2011, 03:57
Heard at Airshow. Whats up guys....

glf

desertopsguy
22nd Nov 2011, 20:06
It's true that there is an Embraer but as for it being the start of a refleeting excercise; who knows? That lot are capable of anything! Seems they want to copy an element of what Gulf Air is doing perhaps.

The aircraft is coming from Air Moldova, under full ACMI I believe. Painting was done in BHX

It's not the ideal aircraft type for pretty much all of their existing route network but choosing aircraft never was one of their strong points. Perhaps some new route requiring an aircraft with this capability is coming soon? Maybe they want to have one from every manufacturer? Are the 320, the 737, 757 all still there together?...messy fleet if so.

Here's the livery on Airliners, nice photo and not a bad looking aircraft. I'm curious to see what they use it for though.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/RAK-Airways-(Air/Embraer-ERJ-190-100STD-190STD/2017732/L/&amp

I hear they're looking for German speaking cabin crew so it will be interesting to see what's behind that too.

Gulfstreamaviator
11th Dec 2011, 14:13
Put your hands together to welcome the new CEO.

Christian Heinzmann.

Welcome to RAK, we hope you enjoy your stay.

glf

A320g
4th Jan 2012, 21:13
I heard the company is getting another A320 by March, is this true???
how is the company with the new management, CEO Omar?? anyone can send some info, i´ve been offered a job but i don´t the the company, and from what i read above.....

SassyPilotsWife
5th Jan 2012, 20:29
Happy New Year GLF and thanks for updated info. Do you perhaps know him ?
My earlier post on here has an update too. Ran into the guy again about 2 months ago. While visiting our RAK office ( you know I took on the new UAQ development so we moved there) , he was there talking to another one of our agents after not seeing me in the office. I was surprised to say the least. He even set up a meeting with my company to handle housing needs for all future crew as well as agreeing to hire a pilot I introduced him to. He pretty much assured him a job as long as he would pay for his own type rating. 2 weeks later, *POOF* his company email came back undeliverable and mobile phone was shut off. Never followed thru with the meeting either. Not sure what happened to him as I went on holiday a week later. Nice guy though! Will be interesting to see how Christopher does and hopefully will last longer!

airbus_indigo
1st Apr 2012, 22:49
hi ! I have been looking around for jobs for rated and experienced pilot is rak just in case you know some influencial people around who can get some recruitment info .please thank you.....

Soft Altitude
16th Oct 2012, 10:51
Greetings to Ppruners from RAK (if any ), any update on the current RAK airways situation : they seem to have a new CEO. Fleet expansion ? Network expansion ? Salary ? And any other stuff of interest to a potential job hunter will be highly appreciated.
Safe flying .

Gulfstreamaviator
16th Oct 2012, 13:12
I knew I should not have taken the weekend off.

Plenty of us in RAK, all preparing for the new ultra long haul route.

glf

wanaflyjet
26th Oct 2012, 15:32
hello guys, is it possible to join RAK under the cadet program ??
I am a CPL ME IR holder have 274 h only ... but I can spend more and get the Airbus 320 rating done .... please advise .... thank you

gulfair
21st Nov 2012, 09:47
Just finished the interview process. It goes like this. We arrive at air arabia training centre for evaluation. Rak had booked me a low cost ticket wich gave no time between getting to hotel and then going to interview(so i booked my own ticket). we were greated by the DFO.
The DFO is of Afghani origin, cant speak a word of english and basically looked over documents. questions asked were, "why Rak" answer well nobody else is taking me. he went on to ask tell me what you know about rak airways.

we were then given a technical questionair all airbus systemseverything was rush rush rush.

we then met by the Training manager, this guy thinks he is cool. he told us the profile. muscat (oman) runway 08 and 26, V1 cut, engine fire after take off, crosswind landing 30 knots. then VOR approach single engine, followed by go around. finally emergency evac on ground. Sim profile was relatively straight forward. the exam is done by the egyptian training manager and the low houred DFO on type sits in the sim with him monitoring. i think i done very well in the assesment and from the looks of it will be offerred a job. However the best is still to come, they have a 25,000usd bond and if you leave within 3 years you need to pay it back (thats why i wont be going)
to summ up.
everything was rush rush rush, the DFO's english was awful but seemed to be a nice guy, 95% of flying is all night flying, you need to live in RAK as roster changes are daily.you have a very large bond.Pilots are leaving weekly for better options. I have spent most of my career working for middle easter airlines and left AA for this same rubbish and to be honest RAK is clearly not for me. Everyone i had spoken to has said to avoid the airline.

I went for the interview as nothing else available right now, if they offer me a Job ofcourse I will take it but will insist on no bond, AND WILL HAPPILLY work for 6 months or even 6weeks and leave:ugh:

THEY ARE CLEARLY DESPERATE AND WOULD HAVE EVEN WANTED ME TO START AFTER MY SIM ASSESMENT:D

South Prince
21st Nov 2012, 13:54
If they are so desperate how would you explain that experienced and current on type fellows have seen the application rejected a couple of days ago?

gulfair
22nd Nov 2012, 15:52
They are presently looking for 40 experienced Pilots. They have had a large number of Gulfair pilots that they will take. as Gulf air pilots are all being laid off. Im not saying they are desperate desperate but what I am saying is they have a high turnaround of pilots as its a mickey mouse operation. I know for sure i will be offered the job. They needing guys asap. I have a local licence and this is a plus factor for them.I have asked other Pilots who used to work for them and they all said, avoid the place. Once you go to airlines like this in the middle east, they have certain agreements with the larger companies not to take you.

RAKfreqflyer
23rd Nov 2012, 07:03
About RAK:

RAK Airways has been through ups and downs since its start up. That’s no secret. It has a small fleet which it is looking to expand. They have on order and planned for an induction of two aircraft per year. This explains the need for highly professional, dedicated and experienced pilots.

The current CEO of RAK Airways has taken the burden of restructuring the airline from his predecessor and has successfully built a professional management team. In this short period, he has managed to raise morale and has improved the standards of the airline.

Presently the CEO and the management team are working hard to stabilize the current networks the airline flies; they have added more destinations and increased its frequencies of flights.

RAK Airways has also started its first domestic flight to AUH and gone through a successful Etihad Audit for code sharing.

Additionally, further routes and destinations are planned for the near future with the arrival of each new aircraft.

From my understanding, this is the best CEO and team which has been put together to govern RAK Airways future. :ok:

Mr Gulfair,

I literally *face palmed* :ugh: and nodded my head in disapproval at the contradictory and childish remarks you have made in this post. I’m in disbelief that someone with an attitude like yours would be considered for any position in aviation.

I’m sorry that you felt you didn’t get the five star treatment you thought you deserved on your arrival to the UAE for the interview. HOW DARE RAK AIRWAYS not give you the red carpet and a 3 day stay in a 7 start hotel, so that you felt prepared for the interview! Are you being serious? This is aviation my friend. The Airline does not need to accommodate to your individual needs.

The small minded comments you’ve made were disgraceful as they were a vile attack based on a personal opinion on the individuals whom offered you an opportunity. Haha, you my friend are an ignorant douche. And I don’t even want to begin to tell you how IRONIC and HILLARIOUS it is that someone as illiterate as you will pass judgement on someone’s English.

Quote:
“you need to live in RAK as roster changes are daily”

Of course you need to live in RAK to be flying for RAK Airways. I’m sure someone with your knowledge will understand the operational advantages of this. Roster changes are inevitable with any flight disruptions in a small fleet. (Diversions, AOG, ATC, Training programmes, etc)

Quote:

“you have a very large bond.”

and

“WILL HAPPILLY work for 6 months or even 6weeks and leave”

The large bond for a 3 year contract makes perfectly good sense to me because this is specially designed for individuals like you who want to leave the company after 6 months or a few weeks.

The salary is one of the competitive salaries you can receive worldwide. The airline will bond you for this period because they are looking for people who are LOYAL and willing to commit to the airlines future. They don’t need anyone who feels the need to leave as they please. It doesn’t work like this at all!

Quote:

“Pilots are leaving weekly for better options”

Pilots leaving daily? For someone who hasn’t worked for RAK airways previously and only has had a short “in and out” interview, you sure are very opinionated. I know anyone who has any bit of education can see through that bull crap. :D

Quote:

“I have a local licence and this is a plus factor for them”

I don’t believe it will be a plus for the airline based on the local licences you hold because except for your Airlaw exam and valid medical, you still have to go through the full process of operator conversion training. They will have to apply for a new licences issue for you.

Quote:

“and left AA for this same rubbish and to be honest RAK is clearly not for me. Everyone i had spoken to has said to avoid the airline.”

Left AA? Really? Common you’re not fooling anyone.

Ok Sure, and you’ve taken “everyone’s” advice by not applying for an interview and job at the airline! And of course, you will not accept the JOB OFFER because… I mean look at the things you’ve said and mentioned.

Quote:

“(thats why i wont be going)”

Quote:

“if they offer me a Job ofcourse I will take it”

…Oh. Never mind.

In conclusion I’m very disappointed in you Mr Gulfair. After reading your post and applying a bit of critical thinking to the things you have said and mentioned; you come across as someone who thinks very highly of themselves and very low of others. You back your comments and statements with no real hard evidence apart from “He or she said that” but go on to contradict everything you say with your actions.

In addition, you’re attitude stinks. I highly doubt you will be offered a job at RAK Airways.
Happy Job Hunting!! :{

wizzkid
23rd Nov 2012, 08:31
It's actually your comments that are way off the mark. You clearly have no idea how this industry works or if you are a pilot perhaps you are used to gutter level treatment and standards? Gulfair provided a fairly accurate account and having confirmed from other sources, I feel provides a good picture of what one can expect of RAK interview process. Further an interview is usually prospective employees first interaction face to face with management. Thus an interview and the process is usually a fairly good indication for what's to come later.

gulfair
23rd Nov 2012, 09:57
oh My dear friend, you must be part of Rak management to be making posts like this defending your company. Is this freedom of speech i hear.:D..you are talking rubbish trying to defend your company because you people know you are desperate.How come out of 5 people who were at the interview maybe only 2 people was happy to join your airline, what about the rest of us . Rak air has never known which heading it is going and managment teams like you will always ensure this. You are low cost operator and offer low cost terms to its employees. you guys make AA look good thats for sure.for this reason I wouldnt even take the job.Please do your company some help, at least have people who can speak english and employ TRE's who dont think they are God. best of luck to your airline, you will sure need it. and good luck to the few that will join the company.

hunter320
23rd Nov 2012, 11:13
Mr, GulfAir

i cant believe ur comments

I went for the same process and interview and would like to shed some light for others that the DFO was very nice and professional with good english. the trng mgr was also professional in his way of dealing. as far as the rush well anyone would understand the need to get things done as efficiently as possible and finish all the guys in the short sim time booked.

i worked for gulf air and AA and i hold a local licence, left for other reasons that had nothing to do with the operation of those airlines. flying is flying and its not what it used to be anymore. so get over it.

if u do get offered the job and u agree to the terms and conditions you should respect them and do your job.

acting surprised about the bond is very sad since everyone was sent the contract and you knew about it before the interview so why come in the first place if u didn't agree to it.

you dont sound like a professional with your comments,

South Prince
23rd Nov 2012, 12:30
The reason behind my previous comment is the following: applied to RAK in April, shortlisted, got screening invitation and T/C letter shortly after with requested availability date. Replied immediately but haven't heard since. TT over 13000 - a320 over 3000 cmd. Never got an answer to any of the mail sent asking for a clarification, some of the mails cancelled withouth being read.

RAKfreqflyer
24th Nov 2012, 11:14
Hello Wizzkid,

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect some of the things you’ve said. Yes, I agree to some extent that the interview process does play a part in giving you a small glimpse of what to expect within an airline. However, I will disagree that this will paint a complete and clear picture of how an airline is managed and run by simply having an 2 hours sim session/interview process.

Furthermore, I don’t understand how Gulfair’s comment can be expected to be taken as accurate at all, as you can see he has been completely contradictory and malicious in his views (please refer to my earlier post).
Also, I have no idea how my factual views relates to me having “gutter level” standards or thereof a lack of understanding of how the aviation sector works?

Regardless, as my title in my earlier post implies, I was simply putting across a different point of view. :ok:

Hey Gulfair,

To answer your question; No. I’m not management but I’m simply an aviator who is very disappointed at your level of professionalism and attitude.

eagleeye23
25th Nov 2012, 09:34
Hello everyone. Is somebody here with info about the hiring and expansion plan of RAK. Many thanks in advance

tony2F
25th Nov 2012, 11:37
Hey RAK, your box is full!

gulfair
30th Nov 2012, 14:30
Just got my . Dear Capt, get lost letter from Rak, yesterday. This has to be the saddest day of my life. Oh well looks like i need to stay at a real airline (Gulf air) a bit longer.

so thanks for the bad news RAK freq flyer. Hope your management position gave you a few more gold stars.:D

Hopefully Rak will one day pay attention to my observations and make better terms and conditions.

:=

kwaiyai
3rd Dec 2012, 13:02
25'000 usd bond and no proration is a clear indication of stupid HR and Management trying to handcuff Crew. Any Court will chew that up in seconds but they Never learn, HR are the useless third of a company and probably only
other option is to work at Starbuks!
Thats right Mr Rak I am talking to ya

RAKfreqflyer
4th Dec 2012, 08:56
Hey Tony,
Thanks for informing me that my inbox was full. I hope the information you received was helpful to you! I’m happy to have assisted!

Hello Gulfair,

I'm scratching my head and thinking, why are you being so adamant on insisting I’m from management? And then it hit me. You have absolutely no clue on what is actually happening within the airline. Therefore, I have taken up the burden to enlighten you again!

If you were as well informed about RAK airways, you would have been aware that during these last two months there had been town hall meetings in which each and every single employee has had face time with the CEO. The meetings outlined the new business plan and it gave the employees a chance to contribute their thoughts in helping the airline move forward. ;):ok:

The knowledge I have passed on is common knowledge between each individual employee of RAK Airways as a result of these meetings. I can understand how you would confuse the information I passed on as “management only information” but I hope that has shed some new light on the matter.

I know it’s hard in this current economic climate to find work and I do wish you all the best. But please do not be surprised why you weren’t offered a job. Wishing you all the best in gulfair!

Hey Kwaiyai,

“HR are the useless third of a company and probably only other option is to work at starbucks”

I can’t believe you just threw a dig and a stab at every single HR department out there. :ooh:

I have no further comments.

gulfair
4th Dec 2012, 20:51
hello Mr Management

No need to lie to defend your company. And i dont need a job, thankfully im with a real airline. where we are not treated like morons. and we dont need to give a 25k bond. Where TRe's dont think they are GOD. where DFO's speak proper english and have previous experiences in their field. oh my My friend, look around what global downturn are you talking about, plenty of Jobs available maybe not in the (usa). anyway you know and i know that your terms are ridiculous and you should employ quality people. Not wannabes

oh and please tell us why you have a high turnaround of pilots.:O

good luck and thanks for your advice, meanwhile I will stay here at Gulf a real airline.
Hopefully MMA airlines when starting soon outa RAK airport will show you guys how to run an airline:D

etops777
4th Dec 2012, 22:41
Gulf air

I don't quite understand your theory? If Gulf was a real airline as you claimed then why do you need to seek employment else where?

gulfair
5th Dec 2012, 09:46
Thanks for your comments.
Gulf air a few months ago advised that they would be downsizing. So lots of us never had a choice but to seek further employment. I would never leave gulf air, they are an amazing company and at least one of the only airlines I have worked where they respect staff. They have experienced crew,management, instructors,examiners. a true 5 star airline.

and they dont have a 25k bond, with egoistic wannabe, TRE's and DFO's that dont speak proper english.

Gulfstreamaviator
5th Dec 2012, 17:11
I trust they speak level 4 Engish, and as such are fully understandable by everyone in and out of aviation.

Or perhaps I don't.

glf

RAKfreqflyer
5th Dec 2012, 17:58
Hey Gulfair,

It’s me again. :ok:

No need to defend the company? No need to attack a company based on fruitless and opinionated facts. I have provided you and the community with a different prospective. Mine more based on evidential views from working within the airline, where as yours based only from a two hour interview. Please refer to my earlier posts in regard to most of your concerns.

The DFO who you claim doesn’t speak Engilsh “proper” does indeed speak English fluently. I will go on further by supporting my OPINION with evidence, something which you’ve been lacking in all your posts. The DFO is from a different ethnic origin; however he is a British citizen, holds a British passport and has spent the good half of his life in the UK. Not only this, he has written all our flight ops. manuals which underwent a rigorous inspection and was later approved by the GCAA. I guess they don’t speak English either?

“Our egotistical TRE who thinks he’s god”? I assure you, he is neither god nor egotistical. However, he is strict, well-informed, and knowledgeable. He has enforced company standards and has achieved this goal by taking time out of his schedule, arranging SIM sessions for all flight deck crew and personally spending one on one time with them. God? No. Egotistical? No. Hard working guy? Yes.

I can whole heartedly without a shadow of a doubt say you don’t speak English “PROPERLY” (fluently) and you’re the one with an egocentric attitude. This is clearly conveyed by all your posts and comments on this thread.

And yes, Gulf Air is a world renowned airline. But I wouldn’t blame you for seeking work elsewhere due to there recent downsizing plans. I guess we both know who will be the first to go. ;)

Keep looking and happy hunting.

P.S. I’m done addressing your posts. It’s becoming pathetic and childish.

Gulfstreamaviator
6th Feb 2013, 08:50
New CEO....... now lets think what else to add to the post..
O yes, he is the CEO.(?) of Dana Jets too.....

Saves on shoe leather......

Lets see, change fleet to Beach 200's or perhaps increase existing fleet to 3 aircraft.... to compete against Air Arabia...

Input please....

glf

wastafarian
6th Feb 2013, 18:03
john brayford is out??? whats the storie behind that?

MDT06
27th Feb 2013, 15:11
Any updates? Fleet expansion plans? AC orders?

Thanks

MDT

Hansol
31st Mar 2013, 11:46
How are things in RAK Airways?

Gulfstreamaviator
31st Mar 2013, 14:34
no great changes...... word on the street, is no great progress..... but what do i know...

glf

A 320 pilot
11th Apr 2013, 23:09
I heard they fired one of the best F / O. And five co-pilots selected for CPT upgrade have failed all .

dkz
15th Apr 2013, 11:21
UAE flight making emergency landing in Saudi due to engine fire alert returns today - Emirates 24/7 (http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/uae-flight-making-emergency-landing-in-saudi-due-to-engine-fire-alert-returns-today-2013-04-15-1.502600)

Interesting news ... heard a rumour it was just a beacon reflection from the clouds and not a fire ECAM, anybody care to comment ?

dkz
15th Apr 2013, 11:30
This is strange, threads missing, posts moved ... another Et...d ?

prince1505
4th May 2013, 18:04
rak airways, will send 3 captains home ,as they said for unpaid leave with 3 first officer.
and no one know when the 3rd A/C coming

A 320 pilot
23rd May 2013, 20:25
Please I'm looking for some one to tell me that rumor I heard about the new TRI in RAKAIRWAYS it is not true

taz.devil
24th May 2013, 05:13
If you don't dísclose the rumor, how can you expect anyone to confirm or deny it?:}

A 320 pilot
24th May 2013, 13:57
I heard that most of RAKAIRWAYS delays are do to pilots fault , because they don't know how the systems in their aircraft are working , that BREND NEW !!! TRI !!! it is in TOP with delaying the flights , the BEST ONE it is when he return in stand righting in technical LOG that the PTU it is not working with the PARKING BRAKE ON and the aircraft was grounded for few hours until STBY crew came and did the VOCL flight , this !!! TRI !!! had a bad day ,

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME IT IS JUST A BAD JOKE

jalal
25th May 2013, 13:21
A 320 PILOT you are 100 % right , unfortunately this TRI it is still working with rakairways the reason is , he is supported by the director of TRG , So no body can touch him , even if the looses caused by them are HUGE $$$$$$$$$$:ok:

A 320 pilot
26th May 2013, 13:45
in this case it is no wonder why the number of passengers dropped to more than half............
by the way what is the price to be TRI in RAKAIRWAYS ?????

Gica Popescu
3rd Jun 2013, 13:45
I have a good friend there,and he told me that the best they have in that Company are the 5 rumanians ,they brought from TAROM a very high standard
and they are supporting daily First officers and Captains to improve day by day.
They show how to operated an Airbus in the ATR way.....
Congratulations guys you are in good hands...

Scanwing
4th Jun 2013, 05:47
Wow, that sounds great !(not)
The A320 is supposed to be operated and flown according to Airbus FCOM procedures, not in the ATR way.

Just my 2 cents.....

IXUXU
13th Jun 2013, 14:48
Buna Gica,

May I ask how´s that about operate an Airbus in the ATR way....:hmm:

Gica Popescu
20th Jun 2013, 11:30
We have never been taught,is something that if you are not born in Rumania you are not able to do it...i'm so sorry...:=
Those guys are moving to Airarabia caused just a litle short person understand them, the Lord...but they are tired fighting against the Canadian and the Spanish Mafia...that spanish TRI that somebody mentioned in a couple of posts before...(an astronauta in the midle of the desert).
I hope they join Airabia very soon and the Lord don't ban them making a phone call to Flight Ops.
Good luck guys!!!!:D:D::D

RETARD_RETARD_RETARD
30th Jun 2013, 19:22
TAROM and high standard?..

Really?.!...wow!...

Did you folks recently have a pilot who was pissed drunk and about to get into the aircraft to fly the return with alcohol being 10 ("TEN") times over the standard limit 0.0008 limit?.

I bumped to a TAROM pilot was layovering Dubai sometime back in March and apparently this the drunk pilot is not just off the hook, he's in SIM Sessions and will be back online soon(!)

Whilst no offence to ROmania and the people of Romania, wherever they are Romanians, its bad news because you know there's some scam going on.

PS | What exactly did you mean by "Spanish-Mafia"?.....i think that would be termed as 'offensive'.

Would you care to explain that to me?

RETARD_RETARD_RETARD
30th Jun 2013, 19:39
Strangely enough, i think i know where Gica comes from.

TAROM like a few airlines with mixed fleet we "KNOW", have ATR's, Boeing's and Airbus and with that, the logical step up (this may seem weird) is to shove the ATR guys to Airbus because Boeing's the largest fleet for the airline(!)..

So boeing guys remain stable, whilst ATR lads gets bumped up to Airbus. And eventually, suffer because they cant more up to the core fleet.

REminds you of any other airline we know?...!(!)...a cargo airline perhaps?

Gica Popescu
20th Jul 2013, 15:38
At last the CEO understood that the Rumanians have to take over the control of the Company...the litle short Lord unfortunately didn't expect our betrayal....with him another 6 years losing money wouldn't be the best options for the new investors even having the incondicional suport of the Sheik.
Right know every body will see how is the way to manage a Company and they will get rid of some undiserable people.
Congrats guys and at last the litle big mouth friend will have his position in manegement and another nice colleague will recover his Captain position very soon.:ok::ok::ok:

MulaOmar
20th Jul 2013, 20:17
After several years the worst VP in the Midle East has been terminated.Focus in his personal battle with the Head of training he didn't take care about their loyal friends (Rumanian Power:yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:).If Theses guys are going to rule this Company i can say that by the end of the year Rakairways is going to be History.....:{:{:{:{
Unfortunately the Rumanians have the same poor background like the man who rule this company from 2007....What a shame!!!!

jalal
6th Sep 2013, 11:58
After 7 years of bad history of RAK Airways and the 10 Weak CEO's , the NEW PRESIDENT of RAK Airways pulling the company from scratch to a highly level of operation standards .One of the biggest achievement establishing 8 new destinations .
Now all the staff of RAK AIRWAYS are proud of their management

GOOD LUCK

Solvieg
18th Sep 2013, 09:33
What has happened now?? GCAA shut them down.

Gulfstreamaviator
18th Sep 2013, 09:55
The National is reporting RAK Airways ( a PR bit of SPIN), has special offer of discounts on all flights for next few weeks.

Having looked at the fares for several destination, prior to offer, there is no great benefit for me to fly from RAK rather than DXB. To my regular destinations.

Glf

MulaOmar
18th Sep 2013, 14:06
Where is your brilliant CEO??
Where is your great TEAM???
Where is the Romanian power???
What happen to the Quality Manager???
When is going to join SAFY the litle fatty FOD???
Where is going his son after loosing DADY protection???

.......H I S T O R Y.....!!!!!...:yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

VSGJ
18th Sep 2013, 20:12
Does Rak airways hire CPL with Fresh A320 Type rated pilots for First Officer at entry level position?

Gulfstreamaviator
19th Sep 2013, 10:36
Sorry, just my humour.

In reality, perhaps they will, as you don't want pay.

Glf

falcon12
24th Sep 2013, 15:08
Word is that the powers that be have grounded both the aircraft. Its to do with flight operations issues so the word goes. Three assorted similar aircraft have been leased in to fly the schedules.

J.L.Seagull
24th Sep 2013, 17:57
...leased from Air Arabia.

Edit: Wet leased! :)

Deb2015
22nd Oct 2013, 10:20
The DFO it is back , LOL

Deb2015
23rd Oct 2013, 14:26
The new CPT upgrade :mad: friendship with the DFO , very bed decision

GCAA wake up

Stalker_
28th Oct 2013, 15:46
RAK now have 3 aircraft, the 2 A320's with RAK livery & a new A319 which is still in a white and yellow livery.

I heard that they are adding 5 new routes to the network, seems to be picking up there.

Gulfstreamaviator
1st Nov 2013, 13:55
I hear that Air ARABIA went to sub lease the route from RAK.

What to do....

Glf

Deb2015
13th Nov 2013, 22:11
As long as Rakairways flights to Cairo are done by Air Arabia , and not by the Rakairways DFO Now it is really safe to fly there lol . The safest route of RAK it is now CAIRO , take care guys :ok:

Deb2015
13th Nov 2013, 22:15
:ugh::ugh::ugh: Soon they will be on National Geographic :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Stalker_
15th Nov 2013, 17:51
RAK owners visiting Boeing, Airbus & Bombardier in a proposed move to buy 10 new aircraft and expand route network to 50 new destinations

ShinjukuHustler
23rd Nov 2013, 05:25
This whole tired and often funny saga has been dragging on since 2006.

When are you lot going to realise that RAK Airways is an abject failure and setting up an airline in that place was the biggest waste of time and money.

As for the airline, if you could call it that, in recent years it only attracts the lower echelons of aviation staff who can't get into a proper airline either because of their lack of education, lack of qualifications and/experience, dubious past record or passports from dodgy countries. Am sure that comment will illicit all manner of responses from those who are/have been involved but it is a fact and I know it to be so!.

Tiny joke company, wasted millions of dollars, could it be a billion even? It wouldn't surprise me given that the start-up capital was 250mil back at end of 2005; I wonder how much more do you reckon was wasted in the time since.

All manner of bandits from the arseholes of the world that the Village Pub in Hamra Fort Hotel has more in common with that messed up, space-trash bar in the Star Wars movie!

It would be more hilarious if it weren't so sad...

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd Nov 2013, 07:11
Ever since the live band was relocated, and the Russians invaded, the Pub has gone down hill, in loose formation with the Airline.

Glf

Deb2015
24th Nov 2013, 00:57
:ugh::ugh::ugh: As usually the Lebanese Quality PH will arrange a good commission for the next Aircraft :ugh::ugh::ugh: AS usually
The question , they will sheer the commission or he will keep everything for himself , If this lebanese guy will continue with RAK they will continue to louse money
WAKE UP GUYS

Deb2015
24th Nov 2013, 01:00
How much you charge for a CAPTAIN UPGRADE ???!!!

Chino Cudeiro
26th Dec 2013, 06:39
Heard that an investor is taking over and is going to fire everyone to start from scratch. Is that true?

PapaPapa
26th Dec 2013, 17:45
Could you elaborate this 'rumour' a bit ? perhaps in PM ? much appreciated

Chino Cudeiro
27th Dec 2013, 13:22
Word on the street is that Air Arabia is going to take over RAK Airways.

If they do so, they won't need to keep any staff, 'cause they can send their own pilots, engineers, flight dispatchers...

Rumours say that the salary they received this month is going to be their last and that they will change the name of the company to avoid paying end of service.

They may take few of the experienced Captains, but new Captains and First Officers are not needed.

There were many different rumours during this month, but now it seems that everyone in Flight Operations, Commercial, Financial and HR Departments are singing the same song, and the lyrics say that the last flight is on December 31'st. At least for the former RAK Airways crews.

Deb2015
29th Dec 2013, 06:42
:mad::mad::mad: After the DFO , Quality Manager and Mentainance Post Holder during 7 years of losing or STILLING over 1000000000 DHS from His Highness Sheikh Omar bin Saqr Al Qasimi they decide to fire all this INCOMPETENCE :mad::mad::mad: ,
After all the team will be out for shore RAKAIRWAYS will start making money .
Their pilots are not bed at all it will be a lost for AA if they will not cheep them .
PS 31 of December last flight for them

Deb2015
29th Dec 2013, 06:58
He have to return the money back to the poor short indian guy for the CAPTAIN UPGRADE

nirad77
30th Dec 2013, 04:57
I understand that RAk will cease operations as of 31.12.2013. Can anyone confirm this? What about Air Arabia? are they recruiting?

PapaPapa
30th Dec 2013, 15:26
it seems that their website is still functional .... if they stop operating as by tomorrow, why would they still sell tickets today ? or have all guys and gals already left and there is no one there anymore to deactivate the website ??

Chino Cudeiro
31st Dec 2013, 04:49
The company came to an automatic stop. No money no honey.

They created the 'TankerBack': Tanker from outstarions 'cause at home base Adnoc opted for a 'cash in front' mode of showing how much they think RAK is going to pay.

They paid for a 2 weeks wheel rental to keep one aircraft out of AOG.

Airline was working with only one printer due lack of money for tonners.

And ghess what, company is shutting down, surprised? you shouln't be.

Now they're asking everyone to decide: Termination on 31/12/2013 or unpaid leave until the company resumes operations... someday... somehow...

90% signed the paper asking to be terminated today. End of story. If they want to restart operations with 90% of the workforce missing, it will take long long time.

Hansol
31st Dec 2013, 07:48
Web site is functional, booking engine isn't.

PapaPapa
31st Dec 2013, 10:58
RAK Airways suspends operations indefinitely - Emirates 24/7 (http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/rak-airways-suspends-operations-indefinitely-2013-12-31-1.533085)

SOPS
1st Jan 2014, 14:38
Well it does not look good.......

Gulfstreamaviator
1st Jan 2014, 15:36
The only question is: will the staff get a fair bite of the statutory end of contract money.

I have a very good friend who exited 3 months ago. perfect timing.

Happy new year, if that is possible to all in RAK and RAK (ex)airways.

Glf

justwhenyouthought..
2nd Jan 2014, 12:08
not again, surely ?

emoroid
2nd Jan 2014, 18:06
Coming soon the curse of the son of RAK Airways VI on ice in 3D.com

Gica Popescu
5th Jan 2014, 06:59
Is moving to SAFI with all his knowledge and his son....congratsssss!!!!
...i forgot and his friend another Captain litle fatty Indian with no more then 150 on the left seat...SAFI...once again Congratssss!!!!!....:D:D:D

RETARD_RETARD_RETARD
6th Jan 2014, 16:39
To be fair Gulf, those guys were jinxed from day one. No set standards to operate within, a bunch of numb nuts trying to run something whilst pleasing the wealthy Sheikh and an absolutely confused bunch of airline executives with no understanding of aviation whatsoever.

The fact that they used to pick Eastern SkyJets from time to time surely must have been a giveaway on how lousy they'd probably be at running one.:eek:

Imagine, an airline outsourcing routes, services and capability to EASTERN SKYJETS!!..:ooh:

Sad that they have put a lot of folks of jobs, outfits like that shouldn't function in the first place.

I don't blame the folks there though, they did work sincerely. they were shafted. First it was OJ who took them for a ride, then there were rumors that Christian Heinzmann(LuxAir) would join in to set the place in order, nope, didn't happen(Gulfstream Aviator broke that news, credit goes to Gulf).

What happens to the Romanian Mafioso by the way?; do they go back to Bucharest, get cleared direct to DILAS to down their sorrows with Palinca, Mici and some entertainment by Alina Pugariu?.

Gulfstreamaviator
7th Jan 2014, 05:41
Time for the Post flight analysis.

When RAK airways was first proposed the brief was to establish a regional carrier to transport the guests to the evolving tourist destination of RAK.
This was the stated desire of the then Crown Prince.
The initial AOC was Hamra Air, and I believe based on an Aztec.

As mentioned many times in this thread, the initial management, many of whom I still count as friends, were recruited from the West to establish and maintain the standards that the share holders as well as passengers could desire.

Then a certain Major Businessman in RAK, proposed that these aircraft should be used to ferry his workforce from the Indian Sub Continent to RAK.

For some reason it was also decided that the initial type of aircraft was unsuitable (range, or whatever.) So initial deposits lost.

The CEO then had a major fall out, as he disagreed with the dumbing down of the company positioning.

There were several third party charters using RAK airport as a staging post, dropping off tourists.

Enter new CEO, lease of airframes, so operations could be started.
The MB as mentioned above, decided that the passengers for his business were the profit centre for RAK Airways.

Did the shareholders become blinded by the smooth talk from MB, only time will tell.

Another CEO, another change of office location, change of crew accommodation, and all extra costs...... except that I suspect the MB had interests in the "exact location" of these facilities.

The bulk of the original highly experienced and professional staff had now been culled, so to leave the way clear for friends and family, and YES men to be post holders.

There are still many stories about miss-management to be told.

Who was actually responsible for the hiring strategy of CEO, research into the local news papers will show. ( I am not going there).

As each CEO had his own ideas as to what makes good business models, the fleet changed, the middle management replaced, and more money wasted on implementing policies and relocation of facilities.

I know several people who were employed by RAK Airways. One started almost on day one. Her duties after the 1st year were totally to ensure that her various bosses were not seen to be incompetent, and she used HER skills and knowledge to run HIS department.
She resigned 4 months ago to a post at another carrier in the region.

What lessons can be learned: I would suggest to BIG Cheeses: Employ professionals, treat them with respect, trust them to make professional decisions that are to the benefit of the LONG term aims of the Big Cheese.
Stay away from the day to day operations, even week to wee operations. Your job is to look at the big picture, plan for 5 years.

What have Air Arabia done to enable them to have the position in the market place that they hold........

Edit: I have the greatest respect for HH, his visions for RAK were always considered and for the best future of the Emirate.
I have had many open and frank chats with him, each time he demonstrated is desire to promote RAK, and ensure the future for his citizens.
Should RAK Airways rise again, I just hope that he is guided by professionals.
Unless the proposed deal with Air Arabia resurfaces. Then who knows just what might develop.

Glf

Sandlandman
7th Jan 2014, 10:27
All I can say is great news for the GCAA that this bunch of losers has stopped flying before they stacked one up which must have been the worst nightmare and an increasingly likely outcome. Don't forget the GCAA also regulates Emirates and the airline who shall remain nameless so would have to explain their lack of regulatory oversight / competence to all the worldwide authorities and risk their shiny FAA status. Let's hope indefinitely really means indefinitely in this case.

RETARD_RETARD_RETARD
7th Jan 2014, 15:05
What lessons can be learned: I would suggest to BIG Cheeses: Employ professionals, treat them with respect, trust them to make professional decisions that are to the benefit of the LONG term aims of the Big Cheese.
Stay away from the day to day operations, even week to wee operations. Your job is to look at the big picture, plan for 5 years

I don't think anyone needs to say anything more.

From what i have heard form HH, he's rational, practical and pragmatic.

Sometimes I feel there are far too many "Spineless Yes Men" in RAKIA and that needs to be stopped.

RAK Ceremics were the lads who had 'influence' on routes. No reference to "MB", when they could have done better with their network.

Sandlandman
8th Jan 2014, 09:24
Can we organise a poll on our favourite RAK Airways CEO ? I knew MH, JR, KT, KR and I met OJ. Of those, I think KT was my favourite - a very nice chap.

Gulfstreamaviator
3rd Feb 2014, 14:44
You saw it first here.

What this actually means is any ones guess.

GCAA already given blessing

Glf

Panama Jack
4th Feb 2014, 17:16
I think that in Arabic language it means "halas habibi."

It is hard to see a RAK Airways Version 3.0

rakav8r
13th May 2014, 01:26
Heard that RAK is refusing to pay the notice period money to employees. But forcing people to sign that they have received the full amount.

BladePilot
19th Oct 2014, 17:36
So any chance of the Phoenix rising from the ashes? What's happening with RAK in general, RAK Airport? RAK Airays??

GulfStream any news?

ABBOT
31st Oct 2014, 10:53
RAK is always rising from the ashes, has a habit of subsiding back into them soon after though