PDA

View Full Version : IFR renewal questions

DUXNUTZ
24th Jan 2011, 05:57
Can anyone point me in the direction of some questions for an Mecir renewal???

Thanx!!!

Bug4514
24th Jan 2011, 06:17
CASA website then type in IFR renewal in the search box. This gives you an idea what questions they can ask.

ForkTailedDrKiller
24th Jan 2011, 07:08
Ask a School for a copy of the IFR test/renewal form.

Dr :8

UnderneathTheRadar
24th Jan 2011, 07:56
Crash comic (or magazine formally known as....)

Although take the answers with a pinch of salt - if you get them all right then you've probably made as many mistakes as the editors do......

Two_dogs
24th Jan 2011, 08:57
http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/377656-ifr-questions.html

PLovett
24th Jan 2011, 21:47
Hey DUX, if you want to PM me with your email address I can send you a couple of Q & A sheets that have been used by ATOs' for the oral part.

I can't PM them to you as they exceed the max length allowed.

Cheers :ok:

AussieNick
24th Jan 2011, 22:11
on my last renewal I was asked questions similar to my initial issue

eg;

- what does the maltese cross indicate
- minimum equipment for IFR charter/AWK/PVT
- allowed altimeter deviations
- weather planning
- alternate requirements
- recency
- one i have noticed that ATO's love is what is the easiest/fastest way too get recurrent (i think it was the 1 hour IFR ICUS option)
- differenty types of interference with NDB & VOR's
- Can you legally depart without contacting BN/MB centre on the ground? How?

basically, cover yourself like you did for your initial issue and you will be fine. If you don't know admit it, don't try and fake it. Honesty goes along way with most ATO's

TSIO540
24th Jan 2011, 22:26
How can you measure if you are climbing in excess of the SID climb gradient requirement?

Tinstaafl
25th Jan 2011, 02:31
You miss the obstacles with more than a bee's dick of terrain separation.

helopat
25th Jan 2011, 04:24
How can you measure if you are climbing in excess of the SID climb gradient requirement?

Its a pretty simple rule of thumb. If you've got a climb gradient for the SID (say 4%) multiply that by your climb groundspeed and that gives you the rate of climb you need to maintain or exceed. So, 4% times 80kts groundspeed on climb gives you a desired/required climb gradient of 320fpm.

Relating to questions on the renewal, go to the CASA site, print the renewal form and be prepared to answer questions relating to any of the topics referred to on the form.

Hope this helps.

HP

Ted D Bear
25th Jan 2011, 08:36
Know your AIP Book (especially the section on instrument approaches, visual approaches and circling and alternate/INTER/TEMPO requirements) and be prepared to explain what everything on an approach plate means. Also recency requirements from the CAO.

Ted

The Green Goblin
25th Jan 2011, 09:00
They have always been very practical from whom I have dealt with.

Print the renewal test form off and learn everything from the back of the form.

Most of the time I have always been given a scenario, and are quizzed as the scenario progresses.

DUXNUTZ
25th Jan 2011, 11:46
Thanks a bunch everyone!!!