PDA

View Full Version : Loganair

Drakestream
23rd Jan 2011, 15:38
I know Loganair aren't hiring at the moment, but I'm quite interested in the company as a prospective next move for me. I'm currently flying medium turboprops on the otherside of the Atlantic and looking to make the move home. I have about 1,200TT of which 900 is on a multi crew, multi turbine type. Firstly, what are my chances of getting hired with those times?

Secondly what sort of pay could I expect with those times? Do the majority of new hires go to Glasgow and Edinburgh? What is the roster like?

Thanks in advance.

DB6
24th Jan 2011, 07:43
Loganair jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Loganair)

Vulcan607
24th Jan 2011, 10:00
first of all I'd say well done to calling the company Loganair.

A LOT of people make mistake of calling it Logan Air.

I've got a couple of mates who fly for them, from what I'm told there is a hold pool with approx 6-12 people in it.

MichaelOLearyGenius
24th Jan 2011, 12:12
There are quite frequent posts from people who "would like" to work for Loganair. It's as if it's just a formality to get in, but trust me there are many, many people who would give their left nut to get hired by them.

I know for FO's they quite regularly hire instructors from a certain Scottish flight school.

Drakestream
24th Jan 2011, 12:23
Believe me, I do not believe I can just walk in! I only have 1,000TT, that doesn't give me any airs or graces, I'm still a low time pilot and I know that Loganair is a highly sought after and popular airline. However, I'm doing my all to return to the UK as I've been working overseas for too long and having only just married three weeks ago I'm looking at every opportunity and making it my priority to come home.

I was merely enquiring as to whether I would be competitive on their terms and if successful what sort of salary I would be looking at. To move over 4,000 miles doesn't come cheap and I need to weigh my options up. In some cases it has looked as though it might be more cost effective for me to move to a regional jet company in the USA and bring my wife back to her homeland. We're just looking at all options at the moment.

I understand the Tayside instructors have worked out extremely well for Loganair, and it's great to see an airline following the traditional route of pilot recruitment as opposed to having cadets pay their way into the right seat and then work for peanuts. Loganair seems like a loyal and honourable company to work for.

JB007
24th Jan 2011, 17:39
first of all I'd say well done to calling the company Loganair.A LOT of people make mistake of calling it Logan Air.

Give me strength!

I loved my time at Logi, and since flying boring big jets, I look back very very fondly...best flying available in the UK! And if you get in, you'll be pleased to know it's not full of people who come out with daft comments like the above but very good, down to earth folk!

Vulcan607
24th Jan 2011, 18:19
Jb007,

Please ellaborate why it's such a daft comment? - if u read recent threads some do call the airline Logan Air. I never intended that as a "daft" remark.
I should think as a moderator u should be setting an example on the forum by giving him information or any inside goss u may know of instead of trying to do the usual pprune doom and gloom mongering.

what seems to be a daft comment to u was actually giving it a thumbs up to the guy because he doesn't seem to fall into the category of people who don't even know the name of the airline they are applying to!

It's like some people calling ryanair Ryan air.

And without a doubt loganair is full of great people, I know a good few pilots with them and they all speak highly of the airline and love flying the Saab.

Now big guy, chill out dude and let's all be nice forumites to each other?? :)

drake all the best with ur application

Drakestream
24th Jan 2011, 18:29
Thanks guys, fingers crossed. Sent the CV off and got a message back to say it's being passed on to the right people in HR. I hope they wouldn't mind a soft southern git applying! Although I'm not local, I've lived in Scotland in the past and loved the place and the people. As an Englishman I've often wished I could have been born north of the boarder! Plus I love Tizer and deep fried Mars Bars!!

Jockflyer
24th Jan 2011, 18:53
Now if you'd said IrnBru NOT Tizer then you may have qualified. LOL.

I can confirm Logie is a great company to work for. I've been there nearly 6 years.

combineharvester
24th Jan 2011, 22:04
Payscales accurate with link DB6 posted. As far as i'm aware having hours above the minimum doesnt equate to leapfrogging the salary scale.

Recent recruits have been for Inverness & Glasgow with a couple for Aberdeen (the "gentlemans" base :ok:)

Roster is variable by base. GLA/EDI traditonal lates & earlies with a few nightstops in choice locations

DND earlies & lates (only the 1 a/c and 2 routes)

Aberdeen & Inverness have the Royal Mail post contracts in addition to the passenger schedule, so they have a mixture of all kinds of wierd and wonderful shifts associated with that. Aberdeen also does the early Stornoway newspaper flight these days. Quite simply the best shift in the world. Basically fly to Lewis for a rather nice Bacon & Black pudding softie (with or without tea, your choice), wait for the passenger schedules to leave then fly home with a small standby afterwards.

I have been here 3 years and its still a lot of fun in places.

hope this helps

Drakestream
25th Jan 2011, 02:31
Wow guys! What wonderful replies, thank you so much. It's great to hear that those at Logie enjoy the job so much. The more I read and research about the airline, the more convinced I am that it is where I want to be.

I must confess, the Dundee base really seems attractive to me for some reason, I would imagine it's oversubscribed?

charliejulietthotel
25th Jan 2011, 08:02
plus the DND hosties are quite simply, exquisite :E that always made the thought of the 6am starts a lot more enjoyable!

Nubboy
25th Jan 2011, 11:25
Small companies with well knit communities can be some of the best places to work. Enjoy it if you get in. Best of luck.