PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous job ad text?

galleypower
22nd Jan 2011, 13:37
Hi all, Just came across a job ad which made me laugh, cry, sad...

"Working Conditions:
A pilot’s working environment is subject to varying climate conditions, air turbulence, time zone changes, altitude changes, changing locations, variable hours and working conditions, dry air, jet fuel and exhaust fumes, and noise levels from engines and other ground equipment. Pilots experience long periods of sitting with exposure to bright sunlight as well as the conditions already mentioned. The position requires physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, pinching, grasping, bending, walking, and lifting of bags and equipment. The position involves ascent and descent of jetbridge stairs and other airport facilities. "

The above might be a legal requirement for a contract, but does it have to be in a job ad?

I didn't know the job also involves walking :}

Superpilot
22nd Jan 2011, 17:40
Clearly some muppet couldn't be asked writing out the ad so did a copy and paste job from the contract. :suspect:

Union Jack
22nd Jan 2011, 17:49
I didn't know the job also involves walking

Are you absolutely sure that it said "walking"?:eek:

Jack

mona lot
22nd Jan 2011, 18:10
You will be tested on your bending and kneeling skills during interview.:eek:

Say again s l o w l y
23rd Jan 2011, 01:00
Of course the job requires walking. How else do you get to the aircraft? By limo?

411A
23rd Jan 2011, 01:28
By limo?
Oddly enough, many times we do at our outfit.
Don't knock it....works good.:ok:

hollingworthp
23rd Jan 2011, 05:29
I think Jack is hinting at a possible single letter transposition :ugh:

Clandestino
23rd Jan 2011, 06:35
Union Jack might be right if it was an ad for direct entry mgmt pilot position.

I don't know how you guys in developed world do preflight check, but I still do walkarounds, driverarounds are not an option... yet.

dany4kin
23rd Jan 2011, 06:36
Never before has a a person's username been shown to be more accurate...

s l o w l y

You betcha!

Say again s l o w l y
23rd Jan 2011, 10:35
Well, in my defence, I err, umm, well... it was 2 am and I'd just got in after having a few "refreshements" in a local hostelery...

stuckgear
23rd Jan 2011, 11:39
I've seen that text before, though for the life of me cannot remember where, though I do recall it was something to do with general career descriptions.

If anything it impresses how Human Resource deportments and Recruitment companies have very little knowledge of the job. To wit, the very uselessness of many of them.

And these are the people that likewise drive our terms and conditions !

Tarzanboy
23rd Jan 2011, 12:01
@ stuckgear,

The majority of the Contract Agencies and Recruitment Companies have NO clue about the job.

If I see things like this it makes me laugh:
Required Experience:
You must meet the following criteria to apply:
- 2,000 hours total time
- 500 hours FO on A330
- Last A330 flight within the last 3 months and sim check on type within the last 5 months
- Age - M - 55 years, F - 50 years
- International flight experience
- ICAO ATPL

Yeah the poor A330 pilots with 500hours+ just have been doing circles around the watchtower, now we try to find one who HAS International flight experience...!!!
And this is just a small example. I have seen ridiculous ads.

These Agencies negotiate the T&C's for us. They have NO clue about the job.

ShyTorque
23rd Jan 2011, 12:05
Job also involves having a licence. By the time they've got one most folks have worked all that stuff out for themselves.

clunk1001
23rd Jan 2011, 12:14
I think I'm perfect for this job!

...pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting, pinching, grasping, bending

I've had that lot listed under "Hobbies and Interests" on my CV for years.

:confused: