PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Glynn Harley

John Nichol
22nd Jan 2011, 10:22
Do any of you kind Rotorheads know where I might be able to find Glynn Harley - Ex GR1 Nav, Pumas and Shawbury groundschool?

cheers
John Nichol

Rosh
22nd Jan 2011, 11:49
Hi John,

Glynn was teaching CAA/JAA ATPL groundschool (Nav/Met/Law) for Helicopter Adventures Inc (now Bristow Academy) in 1999. The school at the time was in Concord, close to San Francisco. I believe he was there until 2003, maybe later.

I'm not sure if Glynn moved with the school as it relocated to Florida.

You could maybe try Bristow Acadamy in Florida, they may have more up to date information on the whereabouts of Glynn.

Contact Us - Bristow Academy Inc - Helicopter Flight Training (http://www.heli.com/helicopter-training-school/0-contact-us.php)

Apologies if you already have this information, or if its not of much use. If you do manage to track him down, it would be great to get in touch with him. Please PM me if you have any luck.

I was a student of his in 1999, and his accounts of some of your squadron's experiences in the first Gulf war used to lighten the weight of the eyelids during those groundschool classes.

John Nichol
22nd Jan 2011, 13:02
Thanks Rosh - I've been told he was at Shawbury groundschool until a few years ago - no one seems to have heard from him since.

Flying Lawyer
23rd Jan 2011, 08:39
Just a thought .....

Are you sure your spelling of Glynn is correct?
Google instantly produced an e-mail address for a "Glyn Harley, pilot" who works for a flight training company.

John Nichol
23rd Jan 2011, 09:28
thanks FL - you are correct, I have added an extra "n" - & I have just sent an email to that contact to see if it's him!

Flying Lawyer
23rd Jan 2011, 09:42
Good luck.

Glyn used to be a fairly popular Christian name in Wales; not chosen often these days unless there's a family reason. It means 'valley'.

John Nichol
27th Jan 2011, 15:51
many thanks FL - your pointer was spot on and I've now re-established comms with Harls after some 9 years. Really appreciate it.
John