PDA

View Full Version : VHS to DVD

Prince of Dzun
22nd Jan 2011, 05:45
I have a number of excellent aviation VHS tapes and would like to convert them to DVD. Does anyone know of an organisation in Hongkong who can do this.? Thanks,

Prince of Dzun.

CodyBlade
23rd Jan 2011, 03:47
Prince, Can be done @ HK$150 per tape.

VHS to DVD.

Pm me if intrested.

Prince of Dzun
23rd Jan 2011, 08:48
CodyBlade;

Good, I'll start sorting them out and will be in touch. There is some rather special stuff amonst some of the older historical tapes and it seems a shame to toss them away. Regards,

Prince of Dzun.

The Green Goblin
23rd Jan 2011, 09:44
Go to your local PC store, and get an AV to PC convertor! You should be able to do it pretty cheaply.

$150? Someones making money!

CodyBlade
23rd Jan 2011, 11:08
Well thats the market price for PROFESSIONAL VHS to DVD conversion -pls check around the web .i.e US$25-35 per 30 mins.[not even per tape]

The 'AV to PC' method you suggest is very low tech and result will be very poor resolution and 'lossy'.

These historical Avaition videos deserved to be converted using professional quality equipment and archived for prosperity.

Professional method: Professional Grade VCR-Video capture device-PC-DVD Burner or 'lossless'.

SeldomFixit
24th Jan 2011, 07:25
Questionable costs and then preserved for " prosperity " - ah, the irony. :p

etrang
24th Jan 2011, 08:07
These historical Avaition videos deserved to be converted using professional quality equipment and archived for prosperity.

$150 per tape and a prosperous new year. Kung hei fat choi.

Edited to add: A quick google search shows companies offering professional VHS to DVD transfers at anything from US$8 to US$49 per tape. Worth shopping around I guess.

wongsuzie
24th Jan 2011, 15:11
US$8 for professional quality?

OK where? when?

I want to save my Jack Lalanne tapes..

Runway101
24th Jan 2011, 17:07
Or just go to the following site to watch good old Jack online for free:

Jack LaLanne - Watch Jack (http://www.jacklalanne.com/watch-jack/)

frampton
25th Jan 2011, 12:30
I think the word you were looking for was "posterity"

CodyBlade
26th Jan 2011, 08:26
Tks Frampton thats exactly the word.

The other word gave them a hissy..