PDA

View Full Version : dgca special attempt

josh121.5
21st Jan 2011, 22:26
Is it posssible to sit for the special attempt directly without attempting the regular session or is special session only for people who've failed the exams in the regular session ?

niksmathew24
22nd Jan 2011, 00:07
Only for people who have given previous attempts and not for first timers.
Also you've to provide reason(with documentary evidence) on why you want to sit the spl attempt.

josh121.5
25th Jan 2011, 01:15
@niks :

So if i give them an evidence that i'm unable to sit for the Regular session and i'm running out of recency , am i eligible to sit for the Special Attempt Directly without appearing for the regular session ????? plz reply its urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !:ugh:

guitarboy
25th Jan 2011, 02:49
special attempt has the following criteria.

1. Reason as to why u need to give an exam in the special attempt (Recency lapsing etc.)

2. Only if you have rest of the papers passed except just One left.

In addition, CEO conducts ‘Special Examinations’ to facilitate candidates to complete their written examinations so that they can fulfill the requirements for issue of license as per Aircraft Rules. These Special Examinations are conducted for those candidates who have completed all requirements for issue of Pilots License except passing of one written paper. These special examinations shall be conducted in the month of March, June, September and December each year or as may be decided by Director General from time to time . The information regarding the dates of examination is given on the DGCA website.

http://dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B1.pdf

niksmathew24
25th Jan 2011, 09:13
Guys any idea on how you can get your result as withheld for an ATPL exam?

josh121.5
25th Jan 2011, 10:20
@niks: u are wrong man , its not just for first timers , i've confirmed with few others and if you are runnin out of recency then u can directly sit for the special session !!!

superdunkaroos
25th Jan 2011, 10:46
from the CARS

'Special Examinations are conducted for those candidates who have
completed all requirements for issue of Pilots License except passing
of one written paper.'

so i guess that means only if you have attempted before can you sit for this special examniation

josh121.5
25th Jan 2011, 11:53
@superkandaros :

i've passed 2 papers already in the july 2010 attempt and jus one more to go . so hope im eligible to sit for the special session . fingers crossed !

superdunkaroos
25th Jan 2011, 11:59
yes in that case you are eligible to sit for the special exam

all the best!:ok:

josh121.5
25th Jan 2011, 12:10
@superdunkaroos :

special session centre is only in Delhi or it can be given in other centre's aswell ? and usually when do you apply for the special session ?as soon as the regular session results are out eh ?

cyrilroy21
25th Jan 2011, 14:20
@josh

The centre for the special session will only take place in Delhi
( given in the CAR )

It usually takes place at the DGCA CEO office in RK Puram

You can apply for the special session only once the regular session of that attempt has taken place

niksmathew24
25th Jan 2011, 20:58
@ Josh

Mate you can sit the exam as long as you've given that paper on a regular attempt.

euindkan
26th Jan 2011, 04:40
There's no special attempt this time. People who applied for special attempt have been alloted roll no fr the regular attempt

josh121.5
26th Jan 2011, 06:32
@eindukan : nah , thats for the december special attempt session is merged with the jan regular session , the jan special attempt is on the march 15th tentative) ..

@niks : thnx..

cyrilroy21
26th Jan 2011, 09:14
@euindkhan

When did they give out the roll no ? Is it published on their website ?

josh121.5
26th Jan 2011, 11:53
@cyril :

http://www.dgca.nic.in/admit/pilotsch0111.pdf , read the last part

cyrilroy21
26th Jan 2011, 12:17
Yeah I know.... I read that part....

But euindkhan said that the roll no. has been alloted . If it has I cant seem to find it on the dgca website

euindkan
26th Jan 2011, 16:46
No , it's still not out on their website.