PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Reserve list

Jockflyer
21st Jan 2011, 20:01
HI, I'm on the above list and somewhat confused by them still advertising for pilots both TR and non TR.
Have mamy people been called off the list and started?
I'm non TR 4300hr TP Captain for what its worth.

flieng
23rd Jan 2011, 17:29
Are you prepared to pay for all training,no pay whilst in training (with all the risks and no commitment on their part)for a part time job? If not prepared for all these "terms" that's why they are still advertising , targeted at the military who once have left are in a very precarious position.

Chris Griffin
23rd Jan 2011, 18:41
Flieng,

sour grapes?

There have been bond offers instead of upfront costs for the TR, with either 100% or 70% contracts beginning at start date. Not sure where youre getting your info but you are way off the mark.

nick14
24th Jan 2011, 12:19
anyone know the HR email?

I submitted my application a while ago but heard nothing. I was just wanting to make sure its there after the advert in flight international for 737-800 chaps and chapesses

Cheers

edit:

Ignore that I have just found it!!

flieng
24th Jan 2011, 18:17
Sour Grapes? Not really disappointment maybe. That was the deal 6 months ago for the MAJORITY as jet 2 reps outlined. Has it changed for all/some or depend on which exact day of the week? It's a ridiculous situation where there are no clear terms and conditions and "deals are done" akin to second hand car dealers. As I have said before this makes a mockery out of what used to be a respect proffesion. Having a secondary proffesion I would say that there is only the piloting fraternity which sells itself down the river like this.

Jockflyer
26th Jan 2011, 16:13
Spoke to Casey today. It seems there are no more non TR courses being recruited for at the moment. So I guess unless they get people not turning up to the already allocated non TR courses, then people on the reserve list who are non TR, are unlikely to get a call, and I would imagine those who do, would need to be available almost immediately.
Oh well.