PDA

View Full Version : Newly Appointed Aviation Minister - India

koolchaos3188
21st Jan 2011, 03:52
Newly-appointed Civil Aviation Minister Vyalar Ravi has said his top priority would be to ensure that financially ailing Air India gets back its lost glory and all flights are on time.

"My long term goal would be to restore the lost glory of Air India and bring back its financial strength. I would also strive to motivate the employees of the airline," Ravi said from Kochi soon after he was given additional charge of the Civil Aviation Ministry.

He said he would also work closely with all airlines to ensure on-time performance of all flights.

"I am very grateful to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi for reposing faith and trust on me for giving me such a big responsibility," Ravi said in reply to questions.

Hopefully the new minister would bring us some hope in the coming years.:ok::ok::ok:

Aeronotix
21st Jan 2011, 07:21
Does Ravi wield a magic wand?

AI suffers from systemic failures brought about by years of mismanagement with inept bureaucrats who are their masters voice, playing with public money. Let Ravi hire a professional manager/technocrat to head AI, not interfere in management, not pander to political whims of lobbyist or unionists and put his money where his mouth is.

When they enter ministries, they all have high ideals and agendas but somewhere along the way they lose speed & stall!.

Live in hope, die in despair!:ugh:

masalama
21st Jan 2011, 13:28
restore the lost glory of Air India and bring back its financial strength. I would also strive to motivate the employees of the airline

ha ha ha ha :E

purr
21st Jan 2011, 16:44
did not understand the joke :ugh: there are people working there

Aeronotix
28th Jan 2011, 06:06
Here is an acid test for Shri Ravi.

The AI pilots have been requesting the airlines since past 3 years to restore their wages and other incentives due to them and now are getting more frustrated as management refuses to even talk to them.

A meeting between their CMD and union office bearers did not take place as scheduled, even though the CMD was in office. Pilot body has shot a letter to Mr Ravi seeking his intervention to resolve the issue. If not, industrial action is being contemplated for which the management is being squarely blamed.

Lets see how he restores the lost glory, financial strength & employee motivation of AI.

Aeronotix:rolleyes:

Nightrider
28th Jan 2011, 07:54
but somewhere along the way they lose speed & stall!.

often shortly after take-off due to inversion!

thearsenal
28th Jan 2011, 08:00
thank god praful patel is out he seemed like the root couse of AI's mismanagement