PDA

View Full Version : SMART by Servisair

Alan Tracey
20th Jan 2011, 15:55
I hear that Servisair are launching a new independant operation call SMART at LPL and NCL.
With Gate pulling out of Easyjet ground handling, is this real competition for Menzies?

richardnei
20th Jan 2011, 17:30
Yes SMART by Servisair will take over all easyjet ground handling arragements from Gate Aviation at LPL and NCL, with ex Gate staff being offered TUPE to Servisair. SMART is aimed at the low cost market i believe.

mantug01
20th Jan 2011, 17:32
Sounds like the re-birth of Airway Handling!

GRIZZLER
20th Jan 2011, 21:53
I think what it stands for is.... SERVISAIR MEN ARE REDUNDANT TOMORROW.

Maybe thats why servisair want the men at STN to do a 35 hour week....do they they have a cunning plan????

jerboy
20th Jan 2011, 23:49
Sounds like a similar idea to Menzies' "KISS" operation a few years back... Which sort of disappeared without a trace.

Hounddog1
21st Jan 2011, 17:57
nice one Grizzler - Like it.

So is the pay going to be low cost too?

ards_boy
21st Jan 2011, 18:04
Can the pay get any more low cost than Servisair? :ugh:

GRIZZLER
21st Jan 2011, 19:30
Can the pay get any more low cost than Servisair......YES...Menzies...by lots:{

NutLoose
21st Jan 2011, 23:08
Judging by some of their stuff I have seen on the ramp SCRAP would be a better name......

GRIZZLER
22nd Jan 2011, 08:50
Now let me think....what would i rather do....drive flash gear on a low wage...drive scrap gear on a high wage.....urh?????? no contest i know what pays my bills at tesco's.

speedbird_481_papa
24th Jan 2011, 18:09
Interesting. I thought easyJet tendered the contract with Servisair because they were unhappy with the service that they were getting? :confused:

So what does mean then? What about other station that went to Menzies 2 years ago? What does the future hold for them?

matt_0445
24th Jan 2011, 20:42
Menzies are not at LPL or NCL so had no choice.

speedbird_481_papa
25th Jan 2011, 13:32
They wern't at BRS either. So Menzies started up at Bristol as a fresh, new station for them. 2 Years yesterday I think! :ok:

Ex Cargo Clown
25th Jan 2011, 14:24
The words "SMART" and Circusair in the same sentence make me laugh.

Maybe they should have called their new venture "THICK".

GRIZZLER
25th Jan 2011, 15:08
Who ever came up with that name should be sacked....they already call Servisair...CIRCUSAIR...Now they will call it ''BILLY SMARTS CIRCUSAIR'' i dont think they put much thought into it......then again maybe they did!!!!:D

tigger2k8
25th Jan 2011, 16:39
Menzies didn't want to set up at NCL as the future of the base is still unknown, there was no guarantee that EZY would hang around after a few years after all they have cut the base aircraft over the last few years by quite a few... the cost of starting a base is quite substantial.... why invest when things look bleak, bit of a gamble.

Nutloose, very smart.

Servisair isn't always the higher paid company between themselves and Menzies..varies by station and by what airlines are handled for obvious reasons

dionysius
27th Jan 2011, 09:17
Servisair isn't always the higher paid company between themselves and Menzies..varies by station and by what airlines are handled for obvious reasons

Quite true, Servisair wages vary from station to station, ie , BHX compared to EMA :confused:

speedbird_481_papa
28th Jan 2011, 08:46

Its the same as well with Menzies to be honest. There is no set wage. Its like you said, tigger, It depends on who they handle, where they are etc etc.

Shame, as some stations are on £3.5 even £4 an hour I have heard for the same job role! :mad: :ugh:

Gee08
13th Jul 2011, 09:02
menzies pay ranges from £7.53 - £8.17 up and down the country. eash station is paid a flat rate of whichever there rate is...check-in, ramp, dispatch all get paid the same unless on a tupe contract. there is also a bonus ranges from £150 - £250 a minth up and down country for menzies contracts. Not the worst but not the best.:ugh:

British Grenadier
13th Jul 2011, 20:05
Is that bonus dependant on you not having any damage to equipment ??

Gee08
15th Jul 2011, 15:27
exceptional damage to equipment. rare not to get full bonus unless your a dispatcher. dispatchers lose average £30 a month. ramp havent loast any bonus since early 2010.

British Grenadier
15th Jul 2011, 19:23
Its the same as well with Menzies to be honest. There is no set wage. Its like you said, tigger, It depends on who they handle, where they are etc etc.

Shame, as some stations are on £3.5 even £4 an hour I have heard for the same job role! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif :ugh:

speedbird_481_papa what planet are you on , never heard of the Min wage , not everyone can be working for the most overated underworked airline that is BA , how many people do you have on a A320 ??? 4plus ??? and even your mob are going back to a Rampie at LHR ON £ 16000 ........:D:D:D

Piltdown Man
16th Jul 2011, 13:52
...not having any damage to equipment

I thought Servisair purchased specially smashed, dented dirty vehicles with ripped seats, bald tyres and faulty brakes from new. But more seriously, this shows how far senior management are from the sharp end. I'm convinced they haven't a clue what business they are really in.

PM

speedbird_481_papa
17th Jul 2011, 07:08
British grenaider, I must admit I did make an error in the original post:ugh: :ouch: stating £3.5, £4 an hour! I was meant to say £3.5 to £4 an hour more than what Menzies are on at BRS. Ooops! And with regards to the bonus structure for Menzies, don't get me started. I am yet to see a full bonus, with it being deducted left right and centre it seems. Wages vary from person to person yet you can work exactly the same amount of hours as them! :ugh:

Me no understand! Still, it is a job! :ok:

Gee08
17th Jul 2011, 19:26
which station are you at?

topdispatcher
14th Sep 2011, 09:30
@ lpl we dont get a bonus from servisair as dispatchers or ramp. but then smart handling by servisair get turn around bonuses every month. and as dispatchers at lpl we are the lowest paid in the job.

Moon dog
21st Apr 2012, 18:53
Looks like SMART are setting up at LGW.

Strong rumours going around. Think EZY are getting frustrated with MZ.

speedbird_481_papa
22nd Apr 2012, 09:39
Well didnt EZY at GLA go to smart as well? Interesting for Menzies if LGW do go to smart!

Dropline
22nd Apr 2012, 17:38
Moon Dog - do you have anything to back up your statement?

kazzie
22nd Apr 2012, 20:56
EZY at GLA start at Smart (Handling solutions) As of May 1st. MZ at GLA were quite high on the top list. My understanding that it has all come down to cost rather then performance.

Moon dog
23rd Apr 2012, 02:43
I work there!

Dropline
23rd Apr 2012, 19:43
What, for SMART at LGW?

kazzie
24th Apr 2012, 18:07
Lots of brand new Ground handling equipment has been delivered to Glasgow ready for the launch on Monday.

Sir Herbert Gussett
25th Apr 2012, 02:08
Monday? Isn't 1st May Tuesday?

kazzie
25th Apr 2012, 10:20
So it is! Tuesday then.

Sir Herbert Gussett
25th Apr 2012, 11:20
Good luck & best wishes if you're involved :ok:

chrystall
25th Apr 2012, 13:06
For the thick amongst us, what differs smart from "regular" servisair?

GRIZZLER
25th Apr 2012, 18:15
LOWER WAGES FOR THE SAME JOB.:confused:

Skipness One Echo
25th Apr 2012, 20:21
Is it still branded as "Servisair"? Different R/T? Do staff work across Servisair / SMART?

chrystall
27th Apr 2012, 20:30
WOW THAT'S AN ATTRACTIVE PROPOSITION THEN!!!:ugh:

speedbird_481_papa
28th Apr 2012, 09:10
Good luck to all those involved on Monday. Any of you guys going to be TUPEd accross? If so stay on your current Menzies contract would be my advice. I remember being TUPEd accross from Servisair to Menzies everyone held onto their Servisair contract for as long as possible. I only had to go accross to a Menzies contract because I got promoted! :ok: orherwise I would have stoll been on a Servisair contract.

But best of luck for all you guys up in GLA on Monday. :ok:

You will all be fine. Granted its all the uncertainty of it all but you will all be fine.

Any questions please drop me a PM

Kind regards

Speedbird

Bigbluebroxi
28th Apr 2012, 14:37
As far as im led to believe, although i dont know the exact details, that none of the exsiting contracts are being honoured.

SMART have subcontracted all ramp and PSA roles to Ground Handling Solutions (i think thats the name) and have told everybody either take what they are offering or no job, as they are using some loophole that see TUPE not applicable to the situation. All the 40 hour per week contracts are being reduced to 25 hours per week, although they are being paid slightly more money.

All the back of house stuff is being subcontracted aswell.

Bascially once again the ground staff are being screwed.

Perhaps a strike right across the board country wide is required to see an end to the airlines ripping the proverbial from handling agent staff.

One of the most heavily regulated industries, yet staff are paid less than folk who make coffee for a living and seemingly have less rights too!!

kazzie
28th Apr 2012, 20:00
There are full time positions, However not enough for everyone that is leaving menzies on f/t contracts. At the moment they don't know who will get f/t and who will have hours reduced.

750XL
28th Apr 2012, 23:33
I'm surprised they are offering full time positions.

At our station (not Smart, normal circusair) they've pretty much told us they want to get rid of all full timers and send everyone down to 4 hour / £20 shifts :ugh:

wayne35
17th Sep 2012, 12:40
dead rite it is i work for servisair change so much going worse