PDA

View Full Version : Channels to increase Charter Sales

Stifflersmum
20th Jan 2011, 15:50
Hi Folks,

I did an extensive research in the web and on PPRUNE - my aim is to explore new ways to get customers onboard of my Charter Aircraft. Yeah I have already good contacts with brokers, local clients and so on, but look for new ways to increase sales.
Is somebody in this forum who can recommend me an working B2C Sales Channel in the internet? I have also working with Avinode, but as all of you know it delivers me not the endcustomer. With avinode not expecting to open a real B2C interface I am looking for alternatives.

Would be happy to receive some of your thoughts.
Thanks

zolfen
21st Jan 2011, 09:07
Am I right, or are you looking to reinvent the wheel?

Privet
21st Jan 2011, 09:14
Are you looking to cut out brokers all together to get at the end user? What aircraft do you operate and where are they based?

No RYR for me
21st Jan 2011, 09:28
Getting the popcorn out :p

Stifflersmum
21st Jan 2011, 10:09
No - I do not want to reinvent the wheel - and No I do not want to cut out the brokers because I need them and they need my fleet. All you guys know about our industry`s daily challenge to run a profitable operation, among postioning flights and one-way prices. Currently nearly 70% of my Biz is coming from Brokers. All of you know that this is "low" margin business - at least in most of the cases.

Though I am exploring opportunities to find a powerfull sales and distribution startegy that drives down these 70% to 40%. I don`t feel comfortable having 70% of Biz "controlled" by others. I saw some examples in the web like: jethammer, privatefly, charterauction, flymenow, caeroscence, etc.. But nearly all of them are not convincing as they are more or less fee based or simply e-brokers.

What do you think ? Is there something out in the web, which is promising?

Or what would you do instead of looking for opportunities in the web?

Thanks for you thoughts.

foxtrott-romeo-a-x
21st Jan 2011, 10:14
reinventing the wheel??? Looks like somebody is sitting in a car and scared that the wheel is replaced with someting more efficient.

chrispler
21st Jan 2011, 10:24
wake up guys and finally open your eyes....