PDA

View Full Version : Private pilot conversion exams

duats
20th Jan 2011, 00:12
Hello guys.

I am in Usa, done with my PRIVATE LICENCE.And going for the instrument and commercial too.
Just want to know if i go back to india now after doing my PPL can i give the papers and then after that come back to usa and do my IR and commercial..so as to save my recency ..!

But i heard that DGCA has taken out some kind of rule that now after Private you cannot give the papers its only after commercial now.!

Is it so???Should i head back to India or not??

Would be highly grateful if someone helps!!
Thanks in adVance.!

A69
20th Jan 2011, 14:56
As far as i know, i am sure there is no such "new rule".
You CAN come back now, give papers and then go back to do IR & CPL.

You can appear for the CPL category. But as you wont be having a CPL, you will not be eligible to appear for the Composite paper. Hence, you will have to apply for Navigation & Meteorology separately.
Plus Air Regulations.

That makes it 3 papers.

That is the only hassle.

coolboy007
20th Jan 2011, 17:08
Duats,
Am in the exact situation as you.. In Miami, finished with my PPL and 100 hours now and want to go back to India, clear my exams and then finish the rest of training.

So far i have heard a lot of things from people which has made me even more confused :
1. I can give exams after a PPL - its 3 exams separate, nav, met and air regs.

2. Some new rule is coming up which wouldnt allow PPL guys to sit for CPL exams.

Talked to a few people in India and pprune and they say i can give the exams and at present no such rule has come, have my mind made up 70% that am goin back, have a KF pilot friend in India who was goin to DGCA today so am waitin for his verdict..

Dont want to waste my trip to India, have got a UK RT here so if am not able to give exams i will atleast go n clear part 1.

@ A69,
Thanks fr the help buddy...

aviator86
23rd Jan 2011, 22:56
hey guys am in the same situation too. I'm in canada, just did my commercial flight test a week back. I still need around 35hours to get my commercial licence issued, before i fly those 35hours i want to go back to india to do the conversion exams, this would help me save money towards recency as well. But i have hearing from people and friends about the so called new rule that DGCA wouldn't let us write the exam with cpl licence. not sure if it is ture, i tired looking up on net but in vain.

@coolboy007 please post a note here after your kingfisher pilot friend comfirms from DGCA that there is no such new rule. a million thanks in advance.
@A69 thanks for the information.

coolboy007
23rd Jan 2011, 23:57
My friend went to DGCA and told me at present there is no such rule and i can give exams i.e not composite but Nav, Met n Reg separately.. He tried to find if any such new rule is coming up but all in vain.. Dgca guys were clueless about it and have not told him anything about that new rule..

Lets see, am taking the risk, heading back this week, will get my computer no., clear my part 1 for RT as i need just that because i have applied for UK RT and if possible give exams too..

Am sure that i can give exams but if any chance dgca still pulls the plug and invents the so called new rule, i will atleast clear my RT, get my coaching classes and come back..

A69
24th Jan 2011, 17:28
This is how the regulations stand as of now. I believe you guys should stop speculating on rumors and false pretensions.

7. Requirements for appearing in various Flight Crew License Examinations:
An applicant who is desirous of appearing in Flight Crew License Examinations for issue of a category of license should meet the following requirements.

7.3 Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
The applicant should have
1. A Computer Number allotted by CEO, DGCA
2. Passed Class 10+2 standard examination with Physics & Mathematics as subjects from a recognized Board/ University or its equivalent examination