PDA

View Full Version : P1 vs Solo

sgisaac
19th Jan 2011, 21:53
Hello all

I am going to ari ben aviator to do 300 hours of multi time building (i know i can only log half of those as PIC in the JAA), but how does the DGCA see it. Does any of this time contribute to the solo, is it the same as the JAA or FAA or completely different.

Thanks for your time

sgisaac
27th Jan 2011, 08:57
Cheers mate, but what I really want is multi time

VJW
27th Jan 2011, 15:25
Just for info, why do you need it?

jackcarls0n
27th Jan 2011, 18:13
If the cost is same and you do 300 hours and log half of it towards PIC, does the 300 still count towards Total Time?

I mean if you fly 300, you log 150 towards PIC and all the 300 of it towards total time. Is that done? I mean you say you have 300 hours of TT and 150 PIC. That is certainly legal

Or its only the half that is counted? As per JAA or my CAA the P2 hours on the aircraft if the aircraft needs one can only be counted towards total time. And the half of that total p2 time can be used toward to your hours for a higher license in future.

jackcarls0n
28th Jan 2011, 14:15
true the hours cannot be logged if one is flying as tourist/passenger.

As per CAA or DGCA or JAA, PIC hours are the hours where the person is the sole manipulator of the controls and is in command of the aircraft. The safety pilot cannot log hours.

However, the aircrafts registration or from the authority has a requirement for two pilots in that case one logs P1(pic hours) and the second pilot as P2 only.

I was thinking, as per my case, we fly 2 hours for two legs of flight, one leg is logged p2=1 hours, and the second leg as p1=1 hour, however the total time is still 2 hours.

So i thought if that is the same case as here in FAA, but seems that is not true.

BillieBob
28th Jan 2011, 14:54
Except for this strange FAA arrangement, the only time that two people can claim flight time in a single-pilot aeroplane (other than when one is an instructor or examiner and the other a student or candidate) is if the state of registration requires it to be flown by two pilots or if it is operating under an AOC or similar arrangement that requires it to be flown by two pilots. Neither of these applies in your case and only the time that you are actually flying the aircraft as PIC can be claimed towards any JAA (or DGCA) licence or rating. For the other 150 hours you will be a passenger.

MartinCh
29th Jan 2011, 00:27
As mentioned on PPRuNe in the past, for 'JAA hourbuilder' there could be a way, although bit more complicated/expensive.
Being paired up with one/two/three/four 'FAA only' jock/s and paying 15-20% extra, you could do all the hood time, i.e. the duties/flying deemed OK by JAA.

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/274849-multi-hour-building.html

You better be sure it's done deal for your job prospects, burning such whackload of cash. Alternatively, if you think you can, do FAA CFI+MEI and CPL if not having one already and then you should be able to log PIC time due to being qualified instructor. Well, there won't be much of a 'dual given' instruction, but hey..

Didn't know Ari Ben aka Aviator College of ....... allows solo flying in their twins. Most US schools (give me one that allows it) have insurance that only covers two pilot flights/safety pilot/instruction, AFAIK.