PDA

View Full Version : flight operation room

heli-d
19th Jan 2011, 14:12
Folks;
My company wants to install a new and modern equipments for the helicopter operation room. we would like any information or ideas in regards to those equipments using in this operation room. if you have any ideas of the necessary equipments should be utilizes, please email me.
Thank you very much in advance.

SilsoeSid
19th Jan 2011, 14:16
Good coffee machine :ok:

rick1128
19th Jan 2011, 14:45
I have seen almost a full range of options for a flight operations room. Everything from post-it notes and a grease board to a computer controlled large screen for tracking maintenance, flights, schedules and weather.

It really depends on what the budget is, what the company needs and the scale of company operations. Does the company use a system like Blue Sky or Sky Connect? If they do, I would suggest a large video display mounted on a wall high enough for people to see without being blocked by someone walking past it. I would get the Blue Sky or Sky Connect system that is one or two steps above the basic system. This upgrade would include sat phone capabilities and data transmission capabilities. I would use these capabilities to allow operations to contact the aircraft if there is a change or concern. It would also allow the pilot to contact operations if there was a problem. And use the data transmission capabilities to transmit times, cycles and HUMS data to operations and Maintenance.

I would also add weather overlay on the video screen. All company ground vehicles would also have this system. It may sound expensive, but in the long run it wold save the company money by allowing operations to know exactly where equipment is, allowing them to make more efficient decisions. If used properly it will also allow the company to make better use of assets and potentially make more money.