PDA

View Full Version : ATR Type Rating Info

rotatejunkie
19th Jan 2011, 02:46
Hey guys,

Im looking for info with regards to the ATR 42 or 72 series type rating providers in Asia.

Info on prices, service integrity, actual takeoff & landings... etc....

Any help would be heaps useful!

Rotatejunkie

PT6A
19th Jan 2011, 04:48
AATC Asian ATR Training Center Bangkok

And there is another center in KL

Both places are very busy and not 100% sure if they would take you as an individal.... again not sure if you can do the takeoffs and landings with them as ATC is doing training for airlines with their own aircraft.

I assume you have a job waiting for you when you finish the type?

PT6A

152wiseguy
19th Jan 2011, 15:18
The problem with the actual take offs and landings is that to be able to fly the real aircraft you have to find one which is registered in the same state that your license is issued from. Anyways try these guys, they can arrange a full type course and might be able to help with the touch and gos Flight Training Simulator Centers India: Flying Schools Offer Type Rating Training Solutions For Pilot (http://www.atsne.in/)

rotatejunkie
20th Jan 2011, 01:45
PT6A -Truly reliable engines

--- Im finding out the feasiblity of offering self-sponsored type training, and bringing that to the negotiation table.

As the case may be, my license is from Oz. So i guess that option is scrapped.

But it would be great to really feel the a/c perform standard manoeuvres in the circuit.

ZFT
20th Jan 2011, 04:12
AATC does take individuals (but courses are for crews so you'll need a partner).

Base training is not provided, partly for the reasons given by PT6A.

bhriggs_747
24th Jan 2011, 16:40
hey guys!!!!!!!! m planning to go for an atr 42 type..is it worth takin a chance at d momnt......plz rep asap..

cyrilroy21
24th Jan 2011, 17:14
Why dont you first try for the Jet Airways trainee officer or the CAE Indigo program instead :hmm: