PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Staff Travel Onload/Upgrade Priority

lineupandwait
18th Jan 2011, 22:13
I've read a couple of old threads about Qantas Staff Travel to try and work out the upgrade process if Economy is full, there seems to be a couple of different views points on the Onload/Upgrade priority in this situation.

1.Y is full, person holds J or F upgradeable ticket, onload priority is looked at first, then upgrade priority.

2. Y is full, person holds J or F upgradeable ticket, upgrade priority only is used to work out who gets a seat in J.

It seems onload priority is only useful if there are seats in Y.

Can someone confirm this? The process is not explained on the Staff Travel Website.

Thanks

QueenBuzzzzz
19th Jan 2011, 05:05
It's explained in detail on the staff travel website. Go into Info - Conditions - Travel Catergories. Hope that helps.

capt.cynical
19th Jan 2011, 05:14
:eek: Unless you are retired staff (30 + years) :{ then you are the last on any list !:uhoh: and are usually treated accordingly ! :yuk:

lineupandwait
19th Jan 2011, 05:56
Travel categories are explained, not the upgrade process if Y is full.

QF A330
19th Jan 2011, 06:37
I have the staff travel online screen up now but it still doesn't say the specifics, if there are J seats available and we have a low priority trip booked but a J15 upgrade and there are no Y seats available and a staff member with a high priority trip with no upgrade booked or too junior to avail themselves of one who gets on?

No one my wife, the staff member works with has a specific answer.

lineupandwait
19th Jan 2011, 07:15
Basically if Y is full who gets J first out of the following:

40Y/J1789 or 41Y/J1594

Assuming both have paid for a J upgrade.

?

dizzylizzy
19th Jan 2011, 08:56
Where J or F upgrade not paid and those seats avail but 0Y then g/s will upgrade premium pax travelling in Y (ie: FFPL/GD)

ditzyboy
24th Jan 2011, 04:53
Great question!

Wonderworld
24th Jan 2011, 11:22
Basically if Y is full who gets J first out of the following:

40Y/J1789 or 41Y/J1594

Assuming both have paid for a J upgrade.

If there is only 1 seat left in J then the 40Y/J1789 would get it as they have the higher onload to get onto the acft first. If there were 2 seats left in J then they both get it.

If there was 1 Y and 1 J left then 40Y would be in Y and 41Y would go to J

Hope it makes some sense. Staff tvl categories are an endless cause of angst

OCCR
24th Jan 2011, 13:19
If there is only 1 seat left in J then the 40Y/J1789 would get it as they have the higher onload to get onto the acft first.

Incorrect, the J15 gets the J seat as they have a higher business class category;)

lnavvnav
27th Jan 2011, 10:41
OCCR

Incorrect!!

Staff Travel is a two part transaction.

One must get onto the aeroplane first and then once all staff are on then the upgrades are done.

Wonderworld has explained it correctly.

I have asked this specifically to Staff Travel managers but more importantly groundstaff as they are the one's checking us in!

That is how it is meant to be done which doesn't mean it's always followed correctly!

:)