PDA

View Full Version : Internship / Work Placement

CDAVI
18th Jan 2011, 12:01
Hi Guys,

Decided to sign up after seeing some other useful bits of information on here.

Basically, I am currently at university studying Air Transport and Logistics Management. I am looking for an airline, airport or aviation related company that can provide me with a 48 week work placement / internship, starting around August / September this year.

Currently I have applied to:
- Leeds Bradford (rejected due to work experience co-ordinator shortly going on maternity leave)
- Manchester (told they do not offer these sorts of placements)
- Jet2.com (awaiting reply)
- Servisair (awaiting reply)

I have scoured the internet looking for various emails and contacts, but it is very tedious, and although I have found a few email addresses, they are not ideal as they are usually customer services etc. I was hoping that I would be able to gain some other contacts / leads from here, so if anybody knows of any aviation related company that may accept this type of placement, I would be very grateful for any information, even if it is just the name of a company that could be interested in a placement like this.

The only conditions of the placement are that it must be a minimum of 48 weeks, and it must be salaried / paid.

Ideally, I'd love to work on the frontline at an airport / airline getting stuck in and dealing with passengers etc, but any aviation related information would be very much appreciated! Also, I live near Leeds Bradford, and although I am willing to move if needs be in order to get the perfect placement, ideally i'd prefer to stay up north.

darkroomsource
18th Jan 2011, 14:26
I am very suprised that the University does not have an extensive list of companies that do this.
Usually a University that has any kind of externship (which is what Universities in the USA call it), have a complete department filled with people who's jobs are to contact companies and arrange this kind of thing.

CDAVI
18th Jan 2011, 16:26
Don't get me wrong, there are at least 2 people at the University who's job is to ask companies for placements, help you find one, organise and supervise etc. However, they are dealing with students from across 4 different courses, all of which have a supply chain or logistical nature, and so all the placements that have become available on the University intranet have all been supply chain, distribution or road transport jobs. There is only my course that is specifically air transport related.
They seem to like to use companies they have organised placements with in the past, but none of these seem airline / airport related. There was one working for Air France, but I don't speak French, so this was out of the question. Hence the reason I am enquiring on hear as to anyone who may have any contacts or information that could prove useful, I would be very grateful. I am trying not to have to resort to doing something I don't particularly want to do!