PDA

View Full Version : A109E Power - 500km trips

IKE_JR
18th Jan 2011, 02:38
Hello dear friends,

Hope some A109E owners or pilots can help me.

Tried search the answers for my doubt but could not find it here. Im very sorry if it has been post before.

So.... We're looking to buy an Helicopter for our business. We have a Baron G58 for our trips, normally 280-500km (150nm-270nm). So, now, we will have to make sometimes shorter trips, like 150km, and thats why we're thinking in a Helicopter. We are studying to buy a Agusta Elite Power, we think this plane can do what we need.

Can some agusta pilot, please tell me whats the maximum range with comfort for 4-5 passengers? Do you think a 500km (270nm) will be confortable for 5 passengers? Is that fuel enough to flight this 500km with pilot+5 passengers?

We dont want to have a small plane + small helicopter, thats why we want a good copter.

Is the Agusta the right copter for us?

Please correct me if im wrong... But i have this datas (from the seller)

Average Ground Speed 140kts
Fuel Consump 200kg/hrs
Range 420nm (how many on board?)
Endurance 3h (how many on board?)

Is the leg space for the passenger seats smaller than the leg space of a BE58?

No more questions for now.

Thanks for everyone

IKE JR

vaibronco
18th Jan 2011, 06:32
Many experts will answer your question but only one will work for you.
I'm not sure it is your case, don't know wether you're a pilot or not, a private owner of a company.
I'm not a 109 pilot, but once again I see the future owner thinking about the machine before the person he will hire.
If you can't evaluate the machine by yourself, it means you will not fly it and you probably l have to hire the pilot. I would do the opposite or at least find a consultant instead of asking in a forum. You're not buying a cell phone or a notebook.
My former employer did the same. First he bought the helicopter, then he understood he could not take off from a bloody hole with 3 fat people on board and the maximum endurance.
And his friend again. Spent a lot of money for an EC120, discovering he could buy a nice and better performing 350 for less money.
How about conducting the interviews first?

RVDT
18th Jan 2011, 06:40
Of course the issue will be MTOW versus BOW.

Some but not all 109E's have an increased MTOW. Originally it was 2850 kg then increased to 3000 kg.

BOW's will be around 2100 kg.

Dredge the 109 Thread (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/142459-agusta-a109.html). You will probably gain enough to help your decision.

ShyTorque
18th Jan 2011, 10:54
The 109S GRAND will better suit your requirements. The MAUW of the 'S' is 3175 Kgs. A typical empty weight is 2150 Kgs, giving approximately 1025 kgs disposable weight. The seating is two bench seats, 3 pax each, the front seat faces rearwards. The cabin is also slightly stretched on the 'S' model, giving reasonable legroom.

If the auxiliary tank is fitted, about 630 kgs of fuel will fit in the aircraft on an average refuel.

The figures you have been given are about right for the 'E'.

For the 'S' model, fuel burn is about 220-225 kgs/hour at 150 kts IAS cruise at higher weights. The aircraft will cruise at 160 kts at light weights. Fuel burn will decrease to below 200 kgs/hr if you slow down to 130 kts cruise.

You can hopefully work the rest out for yourself.

IKE_JR
19th Jan 2011, 00:27
First of all thanks for everyone who answered.

Vaibronco:
Im one of the owners of the company. We are already in contact with some others A109E owners and with an consultant, just asked here to get more knowleadge about this helicopter to have a better talk with the "seller" and the consultant.

RVDT:
Thanks for your infos ant the Agusta Thread link, had seen before.

Shytorque:
The "A109S" is the perfect one, but the price is out of our range. Thanks very much for your info, I really appreciate it.

Thanks