PDA

View Full Version : What and where to do type rating?!

shiver
17th Jan 2011, 13:30
I am finished my training almost 18 months now and like so mnay others no sign of a job. A route I was thinking of going down was doing a type rating and hoping that would help get that first airline job. I was wondering if anyone has done this and found work out of and what TRTO would they recommend? I have one more question and that is do you need a valid multi to do a type rating, as mine has expired and I didnt renew it when I was renewing my IR as I renewed it in a sim.

All help is very much appreciated.

veetwo
17th Jan 2011, 14:00
Can't recommend anything for the type rating as I know nothing about that. What I can say however is that you will need a valid multi instrument rating at the START of your type rating course. It is a pre-entry requirement.

EK4457
17th Jan 2011, 14:27
You need a valid muti engine IR before starting the TR as correctly stated. You do NOT need a valid MEP rating. They are 2 different ratings.

If you REVALIDATED in the sim, you will have a MEIR but this will not have renewed your MEP rating. This is fine. You can start your TR.

As for which TR, now that's a question and a half...

Halfwayback
17th Jan 2011, 16:35
Shiver
Your main question has been answered I think.

The TRTO question is one of those topics that

has been asked very often
gets a multitude of answers
attracts numerous time wasters
May I suggest that you spend a little time using the search facility? Yuo will not only find the answers but will learn a lot about the industry!

The Thread is closed but send me a PM if you need further help after you have done your research.

HWB