PDA

View Full Version : CPL Single Engine - Quick Question

blobber
17th Jan 2011, 09:38
If I do CPL on a Single engine aircraft and I also do an MEPL class rating (6 Hours Training) Does This mean that I can fly Multi engine aircraft for compensation, or am I restricted to getting paid only on SEP?

Thanks.

Also I believe that the minimum requirements for converting IR SEP - MEP are 5 Hours, which may include 3 hours FNPT II. Is this correct?

Thanks (I appreciate fully, that minimum hours and reality are often two different things)

Tinstaafl
17th Jan 2011, 21:11
Depends under what jurisdiction you hold a licence. Presuming JAA, Oz or similar: The licence you hold is the underlying authority about what you can and can't do. The class rating then extends those privileges onto a certain group of aircraft. The MEPL extends your CPL privileges to Multis. No different to the SEPL giving CPL privileges in aircraft that fit in the single engine piston land group. You could do MEPL first or instead of SEPL if you want.

VJW
17th Jan 2011, 21:50
CPL does exactly that- extends all the privilages you previously had to a commercial standard, allowing you to be paid for exercising the privilages of your licence.

kaptn
18th Jan 2011, 09:36
not the same thing as above under FAA..CPL SE allows you only the SE compensation, and you'll need the CPL ME to get payed in the ME