PDA

View Full Version : Tightslots Bias

fishers.ghost
17th Jan 2011, 09:13
I made an innocuos post yesterday regarding some QF management changes.
I was hoping for some informed discussion.Alas and alack Tightslot gave the post short shrift.
It was hoped that this moderator's anti Qantas anti Australian biased may have abated over time.
Clearly this is not so.
Or is that "quite so"?

standard unit
17th Jan 2011, 09:17
I thought I'd take the opportunity to get a post in before this one gets locked.
:ok:

fishers.ghost
17th Jan 2011, 09:19
Most likely the moderator will delete it
Bias is something one likes to hide.
Quite so

standard unit
17th Jan 2011, 09:22
Quite so......

Juan Tugoh
17th Jan 2011, 09:22
I have found that if you play by the rules then the mods are pretty fair - perhaps if you try re-posting within those rules all will be okay.

Slagging off a mod is hardly likely to do your cause any favours.

standard unit
17th Jan 2011, 09:32
I believe the point the poster is trying to make is that the "rules" you are alluding to are not applied, by Tightslot, fairly.

Which brings us to the question of bias ??

flapsforty
17th Jan 2011, 09:55
fishers.ghost, your username has been here for a bit over a year, so you maybe do not know the history behind this.

Sadly, your lack of insight does not stop you from making a grossly unjustified personal attack.

Which, in itself and regardless of whom you attack, is against the rules you signed up to when you joined PPRuNe BTW.

TightSlot, in the more than 10 years we have jointly moderated this forum, has experienced time and again how certain types of Qantas threads derail very very quickly into flame wars and slanging matches.
This experience has caused him to quite correctly close your inflammatory thread starter.

As to your claim of an anti Qantas - anti Oz bias; do a search on here and you´ll find out for yourself how untrue that is.

Of the 3 cabin attendants moderating this forum, TightSlot has been the one who spending most time and effort on moderating Qantas threads. When flyblue and I repeatedly lost the will to live thanks to the endless Qantas slanging matches, and wanted to be shod off anything and everything having to do with Qantas, TightSlot always put in the extra effort.
And let me tell you, those threads took a LOT of effort!

Eventually, after many years of hard work, even TightSlot had to admit that there was no way to keep that specific, aggressive type of Qantas thread even marginally civilised and professional.

So he, like all of us, now closes or deletes Qantas threads as soon as they start displaying the aggressive flame-war tendencies we have come to know so well. In the case of your thread, it only took the opening post. :rolleyes:

As you can see, there IS another Qantas thread running at the moment; living proof that your attack on TightSlot´s integrity is complete nonsense.

flapsforty
Member of the PPRuNe moderating team