PDA

View Full Version : ACARS in Business Jets???

foxtrott-romeo-a-x
17th Jan 2011, 07:59
Hi all,

Maybe this is a stupid question, but do you know if every "modern" private jet (from a Mustang to a GLF5) has an ACARS System or a similar system on board?

Thanks a lot for your help

Chinchilla.612
17th Jan 2011, 08:17
Hi,

I've been told many times there is no such thing as a stupid question.......just got to hope this isn't now a stupid answer.

No, not every "modern" private jet has acars or similar system fitted but a lot do have the capability of such systems should the owner wish to pay for it.

All the best,

Chinchilla.

Kelly Hopper
17th Jan 2011, 08:22
Optional extra. So if you pays the money...yes.

notlikethat
17th Jan 2011, 16:19
Looks like VLJ's exempt.

Captain Kaboom
17th Jan 2011, 16:57
I remember that on the LJ60 classic we upgraded the FMS from Universal 1C to 1J, the ACARS feature was also an option which we took, the cost alone for this was a $50.000 if I remember correctly.

On top of that you need a subcription like it's a mobile phone.
Very nice tough, you could get all kinds of weather, forget Volmet!

CK

W9SQD
17th Jan 2011, 22:29
G450 and G550 with Cert Foxtrot Enhanced have both ADS-C and CPDLC.

cressidom
22nd Jan 2011, 17:05
VLJ's for now are exempt (if I remember correctly). But yes the UK is making it 'mandatory' in the next few years. IF you don't have the equipment, you will be kept at/below fl285 (or there about).

For ACARS equipped aircraft, 3rd Radio/VHF is most likely suited/required for 'seamless' ops. Good stuff, you can do messaging, Re-call FPLs, WX request and so on. There's a whole bunch of avionics suites that do this.

Cheers
Dom

boelebroer
24th Jan 2011, 11:28
On the bizcorpjets.net forum there are some bizjet Acars logs.